Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your social and personal stance on abortion?
I'm Pro choice & I would never ever have an abortion 6 3.59%
I'm Pro choice & I would only have an abortion if my life was in danger 0 0%
I'm Pro choice & I would only have an abortion for the above or if the baby's life was in danger 6 3.59%
I'm Pro choice & I would only have an abortion for the above or if the baby would be disabled 3 1.80%
I'm Pro choice & I would only have an abortion for the above or in the case of incest 1 0.60%
I'm Pro choice & I would only have an abortion for the above or in the case of rape 8 4.79%
I'm Pro choice & I would have an abortion for the above or if I couldn't raise the baby 29 17.37%
I'm Pro choice & I would definitely have an abortion, even if I could take care of the baby. 23 13.77%
I'm Pro choice & I would give the baby up for adoption. 3 1.80%
I'm Pro-Life & I would never ever have an abortion 16 9.58%
I'm Pro-Life & I would only have an abortion if my life was in danger 13 7.78%
I'm Pro-Life & I would only have an abortion if the baby's life was in danger 0 0%
I'm Pro-Life & I would only have an abortion if the baby would be disabled 0 0%
I'm Pro-Life & I would only have an abortion in the case of incest 1 0.60%
I'm Pro-Life & I would only have an abortion in the case of rape. 1 0.60%
I'm Pro-Life & I would have an abortion if I couldn't raise the baby 2 1.20%
I'm Pro-Life & I would definitely have an abortion, even if I could take care of the baby. 1 0.60%
I'm Pro-Life & I would give the baby up for adoption. 4 2.40%
I'm a man, I read your request, and I still don't care. It's her choice. 29 17.37%
I'm gay, I read your request, and I still don't care. It's her choice. 11 6.59%
I'm post-menopausal, I read your request, and I still don't care. It's her choice. 10 5.99%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 12:53 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
so women are allowed to murder if they want to? very nice for women. can men murder at will also?
If a man should become pregnant, then absolutely yes, they should be able to have an abortion should they choose to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 01:16 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
so women are allowed to murder if they want to? very nice for women. can men murder at will also?

No, women are not allowed to murder and there is NO law that says they can.

Quote:
a real pro-life person wouldnt say they are pro-life but would have an abortion if they couldnt raise the baby. thats ridiculous. however, i could understand them being pro-life but possibly have an abortion if their life were in danger. i think that would depend on the scenario and im not familiar enough with this situation to give a good answer.
This is where the hypocrisy hits. IF they are anti-choice they can NOT be for ANY form of abortion....

Old 01-06-2011, 01:32 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why can't anyone explain why people chose the following?:

I'm Pro-Life & I would only have an abortion if my life was in danger
I'm Pro-Life & I would have an abortion if I couldn't raise the baby
Most likely it's because there is some confusion about what it means to be pro-life. Some people apparently think if you are personally against abortion for yourself, you are pro-life, even if you support other people having the choice. This is of course ridiculous.

I've been saying this for some time. In fact I posted a discussion on it on another (Christian) discussion group.

Are you really pro-life?

Now, I'm not surprised why some pro-lifers would choose to have an abortion if their life was in danger, but I too am confused why these particular "pro-lifers" would choose to have an abortion instead of give the child up for adoption.

Having said all of this, aren't you glad I included the options in the poll? Didn't this (admittedly, not as thorough as it could be) poll give SOME enlightenment? The depth of ignorance is palpable. After examining the results of this poll, you are now aware that some people really aren't pro-life even though they say they are. Maybe this is new to you.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:35 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
a real pro-life person wouldnt say they are pro-life but would have an abortion if they couldnt raise the baby. thats ridiculous. however, i could understand them being pro-life but possibly have an abortion if their life were in danger. i think that would depend on the scenario and im not familiar enough with this situation to give a good answer.
if you are indeed ok with a woman... her life was in danger and you supported her choice to abort....then guess what, you are pro choice

Old 01-06-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
Most likely it's because there is some confusion about what it means to be pro-life. Some people apparently think if you are personally against abortion for yourself, you are pro-life, even if you support other people having the choice. This is of course ridiculous.

I've been saying this for some time. In fact I posted a discussion on it on another (Christian) discussion group.

Are you really pro-life?

Now, I'm not surprised why some pro-lifers would choose to have an abortion if their life was in danger, but I too am confused why these particular "pro-lifers" would choose to have an abortion instead of give the child up for adoption.

Having said all of this, aren't you glad I included the options in the poll? """

I have no feeling one way or the other about your poll. Especially since you refused to read my post where I said it proved nothing.

""""Didn't this (admittedly, not as thorough as it could be) poll give SOME enlightenment?""""

No, I've known and discussed the hypocrisy of the anti-choicers since before you were born...

"""" The depth of ignorance is palpable. After examining the results of this poll, you are now aware"""

Do NOT speak for others.

that some people really aren't pro-life even though they say they are. Maybe this is new to you.
No, I've known and discussed the hypocrisy of the anti-choicers since before you were born...

Guess what? The world didn't start when you were born.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
I also find it interesting that hardly anyone who responded to this poll is truly anti-choice. I guess sometimes a majority can accidentally support a rational view.
You are paying too much attention to the extremes. The life of the mother/rape/incest/life of the child scenarios make up a very very small portion of abortion cases. It's no surprise that pro-lifers support these cases, especially when everyone hears even pro-life people left and right say "of course in the case of rape/incest/life of the mother, I support abortion." You jump on the bandwagon. It's self-perpetuating and very few people have heard ANY ANY ANY argument against abortions in the extreme cases. There is too little talk going on about why abortions in the extreme cases are NOT the best solution. It's really not a surprise at all that even pro-life people support abortions for the extreme cases. They were brainwashed.

What I personally find interesting is the majority of people are anti-abortion.

I guess sometimes a majority can "accidentally" support life!

Old 01-06-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Guess what? The world didn't start when you were born.
LOL. HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! ROTFL.

Except in this case you are describing the hypocrisy of of anti-lifers! These people aren't pro-life. They are pro-choice. They are just confused about the term.

THERE is your enlightenment.

And BTW, cheese... you are so angry. I posted a nice pleasant reply in support of your post and you have to attack me. You are very mature.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:03 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
There are really only a couple ways to look at this.

You may or may not have an abortion and don't presume to make the choice for anyone else.
You personally would not have an abortion and don't presume to make the choice for anyone else.
You personally would not have an abortion AND presume you know all you need to know to make the choice for everyone else.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:23 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
There are really only a couple ways to look at this.

You may or may not have an abortion and don't presume to make the choice for anyone else.
You personally would not have an abortion and don't presume to make the choice for anyone else.
You personally would not have an abortion AND presume you know all you need to know to make the choice for everyone else.
great post

Old 01-06-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
LOL. HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! ROTFL.

Except in this case you are describing the hypocrisy of of anti-lifers! These people aren't pro-life. They are pro-choice. They are just confused about the term.

THERE is your enlightenment.

And BTW, cheese... you are so angry. I posted a nice pleasant reply in support of your post and you have to attack me. You are very mature.
I am not angry (that's YOUR projection) and I never attacked you....false accusations prove you know you're wrong and/or have no point whatsoever.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies