Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 03:46 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Here's the problem...

When supidity has a platform, they do not realize that craziness exists and that they need to be responsible in the choice of their words and actions. There are impressionable, mentally unstable people that hear what they want to hear and act upon those words in a way that the speaker never meant them to be interpreted. People like Palin speak to serve themseves and although I am going to pass judgment until the facts are out, she really has set a bad example in the way she conducts herself politically. She is a very dirty fighter and there is no honor in that!
Then why don't you practice PC speech?

I'm just sayin'.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:47 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Stop twisting my words. I made no mention of her having some "master plan" or advocating violence.

She knows that there are those who take metaphors literally. She knows that we have a huge problem in this country with shootings. Yet she chose as a metaphor one that at the very least is in questionable taste.

And she pals around with those who do advocate violence...what else would you call her endorsement of Sharon Angle?

Guess we have to get rid of Freedom of Speech since there is a "chance" some loon might take it the wrong way.

You have ZERO clue what Palin or her supports are thinking. You have ZERO clue why this man did it, yet you place blame with everyone but the actual shooter. And we wonder why people take no personal responsibility anymore, hell let's just shot someone and we can blame Obama or Bush or Palin. Ridiculous.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:47 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Anarchy has nothing to do with being on the left. Anarchy means lack of government.

People on the left worship government.
I'm sorry, but the little punks in black, who frequent every anti-war protest, every World Bank protest, every G20, G8 protest, that go around torching and overturning cars, breaking windows and generally trashing the place, are far, far, far leftists.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:48 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Stop twisting my words. I made no mention of her having some "master plan" or advocating violence.

She knows that there are those who take metaphors literally. She knows that we have a huge problem in this country with shootings. Yet she chose as a metaphor one that at the very least is in questionable taste.

And she pals around with those who do advocate violence...what else would you call her endorsement of Sharon Angle?
Well the reverse must also be true then as well. If a candidate is endorsed by those who have either used or advocated violence then that candidate must also share those beliefs.
Who do we know that enjoyed the support of black panthers, a former weather under ground, and a preacher who spews racists rhetoric?
Now as for myself I don't believe the above to be true.
I believe that we are all responsible and accountable for the things we do both good and bad.
So you condemn Palin for who she supports and pals around with. Do you also condemn our president? Some of his pals have actually used bombs.
The Irony is that I don't even like Palin and here I am defending her because people want to use this horrible tragedy as a political statement.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:48 PM

8,606 posts, read 10,137,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
The ABC affiliate in Phoenix is KGUN.
Wrong. KGUN 9 is the ABC affilliate in Tucson, not Phoenix.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:50 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Jeez, maybe he was after the judge.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:50 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
I can't even read this thread any more. Today I am embarrassed to be a member of the same democracy as some of you disgusting animals.

Last edited by Drover; 01-08-2011 at 03:59 PM..

Old 01-08-2011, 03:51 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
If anything inspired him it was the song on that "favorite video" which is demented in the same way his others are - "Let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor... this is the end...nothing wrong with me, nothing wrong with me....."

Old 01-08-2011, 03:52 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Guess we have to get rid of Freedom of Speech since there is a "chance" some loon might take it the wrong way.

You have ZERO clue what Palin or her supports are thinking. You have ZERO clue why this man did it, yet you place blame with everyone but the actual shooter. And we wonder why people take no personal responsibility anymore, hell let's just shot someone and we can blame Obama or Bush or Palin. Ridiculous.
Rep. Giffords read the freedom of speech part of the Constitution aloud this week in Congress.

She must believe in it.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:53 PM

5,335 posts, read 4,423,566 times
Stay on topic, folks. The topic is NOT Palin or anything other than the Congresswoman and the lunatic that shot her and others today. Further attempts to speculate on the motives of the shooter, hate filled rhetoric or trolling may result in this thread being closed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies