Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 09:10 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,473,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
...So, the allusions are being made even beyond the blogosphere.

I think, given the area, that illegal immigration would be of greater importance for the local community than the larger world of left vs. right. The only evidence from Loughner himself on this is his references to literacy. Again, just think the guy was unstable!
OK, I must've missed that. Unstable is putting it mildly. It's just all so sad...

Old 01-08-2011, 09:11 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I was just watching CNN and the Palin/Angle thing was brought up there by Don Lemon. Wolf Blitzer actually cut him off and said that there is no evidence of that as of yet. Watched the "special comment" by Olbermann, and he flat out said that Palin, Angle, the Tea Party, Beck, and O'Reilly were to blame, even if not directly, but indirectly. So, the allusions are being made even beyond the blogosphere.

I think, given the area, that illegal immigration would be of greater importance for the local community than the larger world of left vs. right. The only evidence from Loughner himself on this is his references to literacy. Again, just think the guy was unstable!
You seem to have missed the last part of his comment. He also reflected on his own failures in rhetoric and tied all to contributing to acts like this shooting.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:11 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
You know, I'm as guilty as anyone else on this thread in playing politics, and for that I'm deeply sorry.

Let's just focus on the victims and their families (as well as the shooter's family). This is a tragedy. Let's lay politics aside and seek justice and healing.

I agree, this tragedy has no place for politics.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:15 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
OK, I must've missed that. Unstable is putting it mildly. It's just all so sad...
It is all so sad and I don't think trying to assign a political view to this unstable young man is the way to go here; especially given the limited information. This is what leads people to distrust the MSM; this conjecture that smacks of a desire to have that juicy story!

Old 01-08-2011, 09:16 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yes, as you so conveniently choose selective quotes....do remember, it was the Left, on here and in the blogosphere who ALWAYS start in with the blame game. That was no different today - wasn't anyone on the right that started it.

Yes, straight out of the box. But it looks like he was a lefty, based on his friends comments.
Based on his friends that haven't seen him in 3 or 4 years. Hummm!

Old 01-08-2011, 09:17 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
this x 1000.

It blows me away to see a bunch of partisan bickering on here about this tragedy.

**** you on the "left", **** you on the "right". You are both equally bad for this country. srsly.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:19 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
This tragedy IS political. A federal judge overseeing a contentious illegal immigration case was killed and a sitting congresswomen was the target of assassination.

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
This is what it is about!!!!!!!!!! NOT LEFT, NOT RIGHT!!!

A sweet child murdered!!!

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You seem to have missed the last part of his comment. He also reflected on his own failures in rhetoric and tied all to contributing to acts like this shooting.
No - did not miss that nor did I miss that he spent so much time on maligning one group's political views that he did not agree with. I would have given him more credence if he had been balanced about his distaste for these kinds of statements. Truthfully, neither side is untouched in spouting hateful speech for the sake of their side. However, in this case, I have yet to see any specific political angle from the action's of this young man.

Mayhap we will find out what made him decide to engage in mass murder. Like I've said before, the little I have seen from his incoherent rantings on youtube, he was just straight up unstable.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:21 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
This tragedy IS political. A federal judge overseeing a contentious illegal immigration case was killed and a sitting congresswomen was the target of assassination.

By a wacko, who doesn't have a clearly defined political agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies