Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 03:28 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,195,525 times

Advertisements

Please go to her Facebook page and "Report" the page as containing violence, then choose "credible threat of violence" Maybe if we can get enough people to do it they'll take her page down! I doubt it...but it's worth a try, don't you think?

Old 01-10-2011, 03:30 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,492,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
I remember when all this went down. People showing up to political rallies with guns. It is so bizarre to me. Surreal. I honestly don't believe Sarah has the understanding of what has happened to grasp, reflect, or even begin to get her pea brain around the fact that even though the sick individual who commited this heinous crime may not have been influenced by Sarah's dangerous rhetoric, she is guilty of leaving that map up even though she knew it was disturbing to Congresswoman Giffords.
Keep trying.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:35 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,047,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Let me guess the democrat representatives are right wing rags also?

Its amazing how left wing anything is acceptable but now all of a sudden we are to believe that a " right wing" rag is saying they themselves are the cause of this. Yeah ok and I own the Empire State building.

You are part of the problem yourself with this " right wing" garbage
The Guardian and The Washington Times are not right wing papers? "Rag" is a term for newspaper.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:57 PM

2,241 posts, read 1,390,815 times
"Rag" is a derogatory term for newspaper.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:07 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,492,637 times
Default Here's his mug shot:

Our era's Travis Bickle.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:27 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,789,469 times
The shrill noise from the left rings hollow. The left is the best example of a politically intolerant group and a violent mind-set. I remember distinctly all the death threats faced by Reagan, Bush senior, G.W. Bush, Sarah Palin and many other conservative politicians. I remember distinctly when Reagan was shot all the liberal kids at my school were running around CHEERING! LAUGHING! IMAGINE!
Extreme political intolerance? Look no further than any college campus, Bush hung in effigy, burned stabbed etc etc. Try holding a rational debate about middle-eastern politics in say, Berkeley. You'll get shouted down and have your life threatened.
The left as always doesn't like any political speech save their own and they mete out violence and threats of violence as they see fit, declaring this to be "free speech" and their right, and of course and as usual, they couldn't be more wrong....

The shooter in this crime....was a LEFT-WING nut job.......

Old 01-10-2011, 04:30 PM

53,022 posts, read 34,824,694 times
The guardian is a 'right-wing rag' now?
Oi vey

Old 01-10-2011, 04:31 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,046,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The Guardian and The Washington Times are not right wing papers? "Rag" is a term for newspaper.
I doubt The Guardian, which calls itself "the World's leading Liberal voice," would be considered a right wing rag by even the most radical of left wingers.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:33 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,306,907 times
After reading this thread, I am more convinced than ever that we are degenerating into a fourth turning type scenario.
We are as divided a country now as we were prior to the War Between the States. The people who are willing to listen to reason and to compromise on their own opinions and positions are few and far between.
There are many things we could blame this tragic event on, depending on our personal beliefs, but the truth is that this was a very mentally sick person. Period.
His actions were not the result of talk radio, or gun laws, or being right wing, or being left wing, or from smoking marijuana. His actions and reasoning are beyond the understanding of the rest of us. When we try to apply our logic to his actions, it just shows how little we understand.
Instead of pointing fingers, it would be nice if we could begin to develop a system to deal with these people who do these things.
I remember when Ronald Regan closed the State hospitals in California, and then years later he was shot by a man with mental illness.
Perhaps if that man were being given the help he needed, he would not have shot Regan. You know what they say about what goes around comes around.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:34 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,047,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
I doubt The Guardian, which calls itself "the World's leading Liberal voice," would be considered a right wing rag by even the most radical of left wingers.
My mistake, I got it confused with the "Daily Mail".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies