Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 08:48 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,036,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Well I'm glad you have cleared that up. Oh wait more than half the country sees it the other way around.
I suspect, if you use ratings as a measure, that it is significantly more than half.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:32 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,551,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Levine and Weiner-Savage are hatemongers.

Chris Matthews is not.

An inability to distinguish is not good.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:58 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,578,002 times
Quote:
Well I'm glad you have cleared that up. Oh wait more than half the country sees it the other way around.
What half? The half that stays glued to the radio when their heros are on blasting away at everything and anything, whether true or not, that the president or dems do?

Old 01-12-2011, 01:55 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,573,141 times
Ms. Palin's not going anywhere, so get used to that.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:46 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,572,093 times
Quote:
Prove it.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:16 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,392,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Ms. Palin's not going anywhere, so get used to that.
After that grotesque, self-pitying, ignorant videotape today, you can say THAT again!

Old 01-12-2011, 08:47 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,515,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
Beck, Limbaugh, Palin, Angle, Bachman and the whole lot of them on the extreme right have used gun metaphores and quasi-violent revolutionary rhetoric to demonize people and organizations that they dislike. Let's not pretend otherwise. The nation needs to wake up and realize that the extreme right wing in this nation is a threat to democracy. Liberals in this country don't bring guns to political rallies. Liberals haven't formed the hundreds of paranoid extremist anti-government militia groups that exist in this country, the right wing has, and you know it. I'm old enough to remember the poison political climate in this country after Clinton was elected, and that led to the Oklahoma City bombing. Timothy McVeigh was so completely evil that he went to his grave believing that he did the right thing. The extremist crazies shut up for a dozen years or so---until Obama was elected and they went crazy again. I remember telling a journalist friend of mine a couple of years ago about my concerns about another crazy person being pushed over the edge by these talk-radio garbage mouths. I don't consider myself prophetic or psychic, but just a guy who realizes that poisonous words spoken in the public arena are listened to by disturbed people who take this stuff seriously. Politicians and radio/tv personalities have to accept the reality that they have a platform that demands that they reflect the mature and responsible behavior that the nation so desperately needs.
Why don't we spend some time discussing all the radical leftist groups and their definite and documented history of violence and murder. How about the Weather Undeground, beloved of a friend of Obama's. You leftist loons keep trying to make the violence claim stick against the Tea Party and have failed, over and over again, yet we see first hand the violence of union thugs like the SEIU, or the anarchist groups, radical leftists, etc.

Hate speech? Look no further then Ward Churchill, icon of the loony left, plagarist, fake indian, when he said 9/11 was justified and called the victims "Little" Eichmann's."

Last edited by Wynternight; 01-12-2011 at 08:48 PM.. Reason: Spelling fix

Old 01-12-2011, 08:54 PM

320 posts, read 290,597 times
Limbaugh and Beck are idiots. And the people who believe their crap are brainwashed buffoons.

But there is something called free speech in this country. So these idiots can spout whatever idiotic radical racist crap they like. It's a price I'll gladly pay to live in this free nation.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:32 AM

1,935 posts, read 1,827,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
After that grotesque, self-pitying, ignorant videotape today, you can say THAT again!

Old 01-13-2011, 09:06 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,756,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm not a fan of Limbaugh or Beck, but I do agree that it's insane to blame them or other conservatives for the actions of one individual, especially when the guy has no discernible political philosophies.

Loughner is a madman. In a country of 308 million people, we're going to have a few of them. That's life.
I'm torn.

On one hand, I realize it is a standard liberal talking point to blame the shooting on conservative talk radio, and there's no proof or evidence to support that claim.

on the other hand, i listen to conservative talk radio, and those people are seriously hateful, paranoid, and ignorant. i would not be shocked if the ultra-right wing propaganda had some affect on him. I find myself growing angry when I hear the things they say that go unrebutted time and time again that resembles brainwashing.

the article reported that the crazy kid sat in his math class, and demanded that "6 was 18", and when pressed about it, said, "How can you deny the reality of math?"--- or something equally absurd. On one hand this could be totally meaningless.. but on the other hand, it does remind me of the way that O'Reilley, Limbaugh, and Beck will make their ideologically-driven points. Their style of argument makes no room for new facts; it dictates the facts, and then it berates you and mocks you if you don't agree with those facts.

It also occured to me that "6 was 18" could be a crazy person's way of understanding the monetary system, since he referred to his tuition as being "paid illegally" since it was in fiat money, rather than silver and gold.

Last edited by le roi; 01-13-2011 at 09:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies