Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it appropriate for Bernie Sanders to use the Tucson murders as a platform upon which to build hi
No, unacceptable 5 100.00%
Bad taste but acceptable 0 0%
Sure, why not? Never waste a crisis! 0 0%
No opinion 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 12:50 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Like I said in the other thread concerning the Tea Party fund raising. Its disgusting. The only fund raising should be fore the victims and not Political parties.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-shooting.html

Obama's T-shirts are OK?

Critics Assail Cheering and T-Shirts at Obama Tucson Speech - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Guess I should be happy he didn't give a shout out this time.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:55 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
The OP was a bit dishonest.

When you follow the link and read the actual letter from the Tea Party, it talks about how they have been unfairly accused of contributing to or inciting the shooter.

We know it's true that did happen and it was wrong.

They then end the letter with a standard donation appeal that probably appears on every mailing.

The standard appeal for donations at the end of a none standard letter does not excuse asking for donations. No one should be asking for any contributions unless they go to the victims and their families..period

Old 01-13-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Obama's T-shirts are OK?

Critics Assail Cheering and T-Shirts at Obama Tucson Speech - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Guess I should be happy he didn't give a shout out this time.

Maybe I missed something, but I don't recall any articles of Obama T-Shirts. Where do any of the articles state that Obama or even the White house provided the T-shirts with the Slogan? Everything I read stated that the University provided these items. How do we know the the Governor and her camp did not approve and signoff on these items? Everyone is speculating about Obama, but negating the fact that Brewer was there in full effect.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:12 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,983,145 times
From what I've read, the University and the White House coordinated the Cap, T-Shirts, and thought up the catch phrase.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
From what I've read, the University and the White House coordinated the Cap, T-Shirts, and thought up the catch phrase.

Could you provide the link to those articles. The few that are out there, even Michelle Markim could only verify the University involvment.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:19 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,983,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
The standard appeal for donations at the end of a none standard letter does not excuse asking for donations.

Who said the letter was "non" standard?

Anytime they write to their SUPPORTERS (you get those because you gave them your information) about a topic, they naturally end with a donation appeal.

This time the topic was the attempt to accuse them of inciting murder.

It's nothing like the Democrat who actually directly asks for cash to fight against something that we all now know is untrue from the beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies