Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support a new investigation or not?
I do - too many unanswered questions 62 31.79%
I don't - all has been answered 123 63.08%
I don't know or I'm not sure 10 5.13%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 05:36 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,040,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Thanks for proving my point
Look, it is someone from the "official story" side of the debate- your side- who pointed out the "hollow towers".

I am just saying that there IS investigation about that possibility going on. I have come to no firm conclusions except that, along with everything else, the MSM and amateur videos, the towers themselves, the MSM "witnesses", and the victims need to be included in a new and impartial investigation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 05:50 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,007,071 times
Quote:
Thanks for proving my point
So...General Wesley Clark is mentally ill? Because he is on that website, which you did not even look at.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Look, it is someone from the "official story" side of the debate- your side- who pointed out the "hollow towers".

I am just saying that there IS investigation about that possibility going on. I have come to no firm conclusions except that, along with everything else, the MSM and amateur videos, the towers themselves, the MSM "witnesses", and the victims need to be included in a new and impartial investigation.
So, maybe you are in that 5.68% after all.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
So, maybe you are in that 5.68% after all.
No. I am 100% for a new, impartial, independent investigation, done by average citizens, experts from the various applicable disciplines, and others who look into every aspect - not a government appointed "panel". The 9/11 commission did not even look at WTC7 among other omissions.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:16 PM

33,567 posts, read 37,175,863 times
Quote:
Did you know that even NIST had to abandon the pancake theory?
I know you want to believe that, but it's just not true...

In the case of both towers, the top section tilted towards the face that had buckled, behaving largely as a solid block separate from the rest of the building. It fell at least one story in freefall and impacted the lower sections with a force equivalent to over thirty times its own weight. This was sufficient to buckle the columns of the story immediately below it; the block then fell freely through the distance of another story. Total collapse was now unavoidable as the process repeated through the entire height of the lower sections. The force of each impact was also much greater than the horizontal momentum of the section, which kept the tilt from increasing significantly before the falling section reached the ground. It remained intact throughout the collapse, with its center of gravity within the building's footprint. After crushing the lower section of the building, it was itself crushed when it hit the ground

Old 02-01-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
I know you want to believe that, but it's just not true...

In the case of both towers, the top section tilted towards the face that had buckled, behaving largely as a solid block separate from the rest of the building. It fell at least one story in freefall and impacted the lower sections with a force equivalent to over thirty times its own weight. This was sufficient to buckle the columns of the story immediately below it; the block then fell freely through the distance of another story. Total collapse was now unavoidable as the process repeated through the entire height of the lower sections. The force of each impact was also much greater than the horizontal momentum of the section, which kept the tilt from increasing significantly before the falling section reached the ground. It remained intact throughout the collapse, with its center of gravity within the building's footprint. After crushing the lower section of the building, it was itself crushed when it hit the ground
Hello!!!!

Is General Weseley Clark mentally ill? You are not getting off the hook so easily on this one by ignoring the question.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:56 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,208,577 times
Quote:
The offices were redone for each new tenant so removal of carpet, furniture, and equipment would be commonplace/unnoticed. Perhaps the last tenant to leave prior to 9/11 was- well, the last tenant to leave. The mall and viewing area were not yet open that morning- removing all of those potential victims from harm- and these are just clues.
No, you don't whittle an office complex down to nobody left and no fixtures left without lots of people noticing, lots of questions being asked, etc. Where I worked we noticed when it looked like the dentist office had boarded up across the parking lot, people notice things. This is an example of you somehow missing your common sense filter.

Removing potential victims from harm? There were thousands of people who escaped, and thousands of people who died.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
No, you don't whittle an office complex down to nobody left and no fixtures left without lots of people noticing, lots of questions being asked, etc. Where I worked we noticed when it looked like the dentist office had boarded up across the parking lot, people notice things. This is an example of you somehow missing your common sense filter.

Removing potential victims from harm? There were thousands of people who escaped, and thousands of people who died.
Whatever. You have reached your conclusions, so why even bother to question me? Do you think you are going to change my mind, that I am suddenly going to see, after 9 years of researching this, that the official story is correct? I certainly don't think I am going to change your mind!

I have not reached any conclusions other than there were no planes anywhere and the towers were taken down using controlled demolition. The rest of the whos, hows, and whys are still up for debate from my perspective and there is a lot of new information out there to consider.

I think the the questions raised re 9/11 are valid and worthy of a new independent investigation. I don't see why anybody secure in their beliefs as you are would be in any way concerned about it. Do I think there will be a new investigation? No, I do not. But I do think that a huge number of people worldwide will be much harder to fool in the future.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
I know you want to believe that, but it's just not true..........
Straight from the horse's mouth:

"NIST’s findings do not support the “pancake theory” of collapse, which is premised on a progressive failure of the floor systems in the WTC towers (the composite floor system—that connected the core columns and the perimeter columns—consisted of a grid of steel “trusses” integrated with a concrete slab; see diagram below)."

NIST's Investigation of the Sept. 11 World Trade Center Disaster - Frequently Asked Questions

Now, their new theory makes no sense either, but they did have to throw the pancakes under the bus and come up with "something better".

Old 02-01-2011, 10:05 PM

17,403 posts, read 11,992,702 times
Quote:
You are an anonymous poster, as I am and as is everyone here. Although I take personal anecdotal information into consideration as to how it stacks up against publicly sourced information, common sense, or my own personal experience- whatever the case may be- anonymous anecdotes on their own can certainly not be taken as truth or facts- ever.
Translation: if I disagree with you, I'm going to call you a liar or a figment of someone's imagination. My own anecdotes, however, are gospel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies