Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 02:41 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times

Advertisements

Everyone was bitching abut how many pages it is and so i wonder if any of them has actually read it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 02:50 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
A better question would be: Did those who voted for it read it first?
We all know the answer already.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:50 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Everyone was bitching abut how many pages it is and so i wonder if any of them has actually read it?
To be sure if there is anything in any bill that hurts the political objective of whoever is reading it, they may say they did not read it. And a bunch of people, like many here on this board, will actually believe them when they say it. Like the Repubs who yell about not reading the "2000 page monstrosity" and follow that with "this Law is a job killer". If they didn't read it, how could they come to that conclusion? And a bunch of people, like many here on this board, will actually believe them when they say it. I think you get the drift. People, like many here on this board, will actually believe them when they say it.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:53 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
If their intent is to repeal it in its entirety then there is no need to read it

Old 01-19-2011, 02:54 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
To be sure if there is anything in any bill that hurts the political objective of whoever is reading it, they may say they did not read it. And a bunch of people, like many here on this board, will actually believe them when they say it. Like the Repubs who yell about not reading the "2000 page monstrosity" and follow that with "this Law is a job killer". If they didn't read it, how could they come to that conclusion? And a bunch of people, like many here on this board, will actually believe them when they say it. I think you get the drift. People, like many here on this board, will actually believe them when they say it.
bob, if you heard that Lee lady talking I wonder if you think she ever read the thing. I am sure that when she voted for it she hadn't read any of it. Nancy didn't read any of it, she just told the Reps to vote for it and then they would find out what was in it.

I wonder if one Senator read all of it before they passed it. Senators didn't take a lot of part in writing it so they couldn't have read any of it in the amount of time allowed.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
If their intent is to repeal it in its entirety then there is no need to read it
Yep, that is very true but enough of it has been read by the Representatives for them to know that there is just too much in there to allow it to go on.

How many Congressmen who won re-election last fall campaigned on holding the thing up and how many campaigned on repeal?

Old 01-19-2011, 02:59 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
A better question would be: Did those who voted for it read it first?
We all know the answer already.
No you don't. But your better bet would be that those who said it is too big, didn't.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:00 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
Doesn't matter.

The 10th Amendment of the Constitution forbids it.

It's a done deal.

Bye bye "free" health care.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:01 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,629 times
Quote:
Have you read it?

I have tried to but it's just too much and that alone is enough to reject it. Why would ANYONE be in favour of subjegating himself to a law he doesn't understand himself? And besides that, a complete sector of industry CANNOT be micromanaged by a law!!! Businesses need flexibility to be able to compete and provide cheap services. Businesses bound by a huge bureaucracy will go bankrupt! This law does nothing but impoverise the American people even more.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:03 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
I thought we had to repeal it to find out what is in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies