Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of Rush Limbaugh?
Favorable 63 29.03%
Unfavorable 137 63.13%
No opinion 17 7.83%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 05:03 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,593,600 times

Advertisements

LOVE him! Listen to his show every day on the way to pick my daughter up from school. He calls out all the lib/dem bs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 05:05 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,333,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
"Abrasive, Unpleasant, Ugly and Childish"...and you are qualified to throw stones how?
This silly poll shows something the creator had not intended. It shows how many liberals are on this Forum.

With Rush being the number one radio talk show in the country, it is obvious that the vast majority of Americans have a positive view of Rush. And why would that be? It's because he is right. He is honest, he dishes up the truth, and he is very well informed and insightful.

But the libs want to cling to their uninformed positions, and watch idiots like Chris Matthews, Katie Couric, and the rest, who parrot each other daily, and who haven't had an original thought in decades.

Is it any wonder that the liberal media lacks the kind of audience Rush has, or Fox News, for that matter?

Old 01-21-2011, 05:09 AM

33,567 posts, read 37,175,863 times
Quote:
This silly poll show something the creator had not intended. It shows how many liberals are on this Forum.
Not at all...It shows how many think Rush is a rude misinformed moron...I don't have to be a liberal to figure that out.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:17 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,563,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Who might you be talking about? Rush is none of those things.

Since he is the Number 1 most listened to radio talk show in the entire country, it would seem like there are a majority of Americans who disagree with you and the rest of the libs on here, wouldn't it?

He has a huge audience. No liberal that has had a talk show has had anywhere near the audience, and none have lasted very long. There is a reason. Think on it.
Rush is exactly like Faux News...every right winger goes to them and nowhere else. That's why they have the audience they do.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I'm still disappointed he didn't call me to help him pack to leave the country...
Huh? What makes you think he's leaving the country? Why would he do that? He has never even hinted that. See, you libs make stuff up.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:23 AM

657 posts, read 698,138 times
Well when you think about it Rush and the folks at Fox News really do have great jobs. They can just make things up all the time without the pesky burden of proof or fact and without thinking too much

Old 01-21-2011, 05:23 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,774,085 times
I doubt the poll talk about liberals, so much as those that rose to the bait of a Rush Limbaugh poll.

As for Rush, I find him to be an mildly revolting, sneering, hypocritical blowhard, who excels at spinning any situation to the same source. A multibillionaire who can ape the poor white man's indignation better than anyone. I doubt he believes 1/4 of what he says; it is all in a days work.

The man has talent though. His voice is clear, he rarely skips a beat, and sometimes he is pretty funny. I had to chuckle one day when I was listening to him on a long drive. He somehow started off talking about how Obama, and Alena Kagan were such academics and intellectuals that they were horribly qualified for their jobs, and on it went for 30 minutes or so. I had to be impressed on how he could turn obvious intellectual credentials for immensely important jobs into a source of scorn. I think he knows that most of his audience is of low educational attainment, so playing them off as the Ivy League elites was a shrewd play! Now, I would very much like to hear what he said when John Roberts or Antonin Scalia were nominated. I am sure he was fawning on about their intellectual mojo...

I have to admit, the dude is one of the greatest bull**** artists in the world.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
OH but you might enjoy his new show on the GOLF network, I almost pee'd myself laughing. It shows him playing golf with a golf pro, the pro trying to coach him, Rush making a proper a s s out of himself, shock surprise there...

It almost makes me want to watch...almost.
Almost?

What you don't know, of course, is that the pro was very delighted to work with Rush (he, Rush, was invited), and they were very pleased with the results of their instruction.

But, you'll never say that ... right?

Shock, surprise.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:30 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,593,600 times
Quote:
This silly poll shows something the creator had not intended. It shows how many liberals are on this Forum.

With Rush being the number one radio talk show in the country, it is obvious that the vast majority of Americans have a positive view of Rush. And why would that be? It's because he is right. He is honest, he dishes up the truth, and he is very well informed and insightful.

But the libs want to cling to their uninformed positions, and watch idiots like Chris Matthews, Katie Couric, and the rest, who parrot each other daily, and who haven't had an original thought in decades.

Is it any wonder that the liberal media lacks the kind of audience Rush has, or Fox News, for that matter?
Well Said!

Old 01-21-2011, 05:32 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,774,085 times
Quote:

Most people can not listen to talk radio during the day. Most liberals, who are often college-educated, don't feel the need to listen to a bloviating ass every day. That is why liberal talk radio fails. We get bored to death by listening to some ranting bozo. I bore myself. I love my wife becase she sweeps the floor with me in arguments all the time. And guess what? I learn something new!

Discussion is a much better way to learn than to listen to paid schills like Limbaugh. I always wonder what possesses someone to listen to a spin doctor like Rush who does their thinking for them. It is like intellectual baby food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies