Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 09:50 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,066,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
And when they get sick or have an accident, who picks up the tab? Yep, you and me.
Nope. I have a relative who uses such a plan. Her plan picked up everything having to do with her heart problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 09:50 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,913,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
But but but obamacare is the greatest thing since sliced bread. All his little sheeple on CD says so.
The only problem with "Obamacare" is it didn't go far enough by providing a nationalized healthcare program.

If businesses were not burdened with the high cost of providing health insurance, they would prosper, grow, and hire more employees thus creating more jobs.

Quote:
The latest Discover Small Business Watch survey reveals today that more and more business owners--85 percent--are forgoing health insurance plans for their employees in the interest of cost savings. That number is up from 77 percent last year and 74 percent the year before

Quote:
According to today's report, "a third of small business owners say health care costs have a major impact on their ability to grow their business: 69 percent say that obtaining affordable health care for themselves and their employees is 'very' or 'somewhat' difficult ..."
Entrepreneur.com Daily Dose - Business Burdened By Health Insurance

Old 01-29-2011, 09:51 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,074,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You know, quite a few people opt for these mini-med plans - low cost, minimal coverage, low deductible. But some bureaucrat and politicians in DC have to tell them the minimal amount of coverage they must have - more expensive too.

Yeah, there is. The government has decided what the appropriate minimum coverage should be when they decided to takeover the nation's health care system.
I've been wondering which insurance company you work for?

There are some major players based in Chicagoland....

Old 01-29-2011, 09:53 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,290,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
No, actually you don't. Nor work, pay taxes or be a member of society. But even if you are so inclined, society must provide you health care.
Why? Not a popular stance, however, if you don't want to give to society, personally, I could care less what happens to you.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:55 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,066,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I've been wondering which insurance company you work for?

There are some major players based in Chicagoland....
Is that the best you can do? Why don't you just try and stick to the topic of the thread?

Old 01-29-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Is that the best you can do? Why don't you just try and stick to the topic of the thread?
Actually, it is on topic. It explains a great deal.

And, btw, it seems that quite possibly you've answered my question.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:08 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,910,495 times
Quote:
You know, quite a few people opt for these mini-med plans - low cost, minimal coverage, low deductible. But some bureaucrat and politicians in DC have to tell them the minimal amount of coverage they must have - more expensive too.

Yeah, there is. The government has decided what the appropriate minimum coverage should be when they decided to takeover the nation's health care system.
You know, quite a few people opt for "Happy Meals" too. They have been led to believe they are actually meals. But we know they have no food value. Like the mini-med plans, they have no value other than provide profit.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
You know, quite a few people opt for "Happy Meals" too. They have been led to believe they are actually meals. But we know they have no food value. Like the mini-med plans, they have no value other than provide profit.
I can't rep you yet but I definitely owe you one!

Old 01-29-2011, 10:14 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,737,596 times
Quote:
I had a low cost health plan while I was in college.
It was either that or nothing as I couldn't afford the big names like Blue Cross/Blue Shield.

It served it's purpose and I even had to use it when I broke my foot and didn't cause taxpayers any grief because it was a covered expense.."emergency".

These plans serve a purpose for a segment of people.
But you don't see any good in them or perceive that taxpayers foot the bill.
Taxpayers foot the bill when someone with NO insurance walks into the hospital and walks away and never pays the bill.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:23 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,913,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I had a low cost health plan while I was in college.
It was either that or nothing as I couldn't afford the big names like Blue Cross/Blue Shield.

It served it's purpose and I even had to use it when I broke my foot and didn't cause taxpayers any grief because it was a covered expense.."emergency".

These plans serve a purpose for a segment of people.
But you don't see any good in them or perceive that taxpayers foot the bill.
Taxpayers foot the bill when someone with NO insurance walks into the hospital and walks away and never pays the bill.
What would have happened if you contracted, for example, Lyme's disease which caused cardiac complications while in college? How would your plan worked for you then.

I'll tell you. You would have medical costs beyond what you would be able to pay off for many years after graduating. Your job would effectively be an enslavement to a medical bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies