Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 11:10 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,054,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Who said they were high deductible ?
Provide links please to your "facts".
HIGH deductible policies, like the one I once was previously forced to purchase with a $5,000 deductible, are a fact of life in today's world.
I paid close to $400 dollars a month for a $5,000 deductible policy. It was the only policy that I could afford.

There are even higher deductible policies being offered so that people can "afford to stay covered" which are still very expensive options....
The only ones who benefit from these policies are the insurers. It's like money in the bank for them.

I don't need to post a link to prove that fact. If you're not already aware of the high deductible policies that are being promoted by health insurance companies, you simply don't want to know.

Last edited by World Citizen; 01-29-2011 at 11:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
True, but I doubt supporting HC reform is what he thought he was doing.
I know... that's why it was a great post!

Old 01-29-2011, 11:27 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,878,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I know... that's why it was a great post!

FOX is right, they are so easily manipulated.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:30 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,785,668 times
Republicans who don't like the health care law should move to a country where they can be freely abused by insurance corporations.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Republicans who don't like the health care law should move to a country where they can be freely abused by insurance corporations.
The Republican Party represents the interests of the Health Insurance Companies.

How much clearer can they make that fact than when their House Speaker (Boehner) is booked to deliver the Keynote Address at the upcoming Annual Insurance Lobbyist Summit?

Last edited by World Citizen; 01-29-2011 at 11:50 AM..

Old 01-29-2011, 11:50 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,878,364 times
Quote:
The Republican Party represents the interests of the Health Insurance Companies. How much clearer can they make that fact than when their House Speaker (Boehner) is booked to deliver the Keynote Address at the Annual Insurance Lobbyist Summit?
They are actually in favor of the bulk of the reform law. Even the mandate, although they say otherwise because they know it will prevail and remain in the law. Now, they do, and will, have issues with the 80/20 constraint of the exchange because that would serve to limit the profitability for the Ins Cos. That would be a big no no to their major campaign funders.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
They are actually in favor of the bulk of the reform law. Even the mandate, although they say otherwise because they know it will prevail and remain in the law. Now, they do, and will, have issues with the 80/20 constraint of the exchange because that would serve to limit the profitability for the Ins Cos. That would be a big no no to their major campaign funders.
The individual mandate was a Republican creation.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,576,981 times
Quote:
HIGH deductible policies, like the one I once was previously forced to purchase with a $5,000 deductible, are a fact of life in today's world.
I paid close to $400 dollars a month for a $5,000 deductible policy. It was the only policy that I could afford.

There are even higher deductible policies being offered so that people can "afford to stay covered" which are still very expensive options....
The only ones who benefit from these policies are the insurers. It's like money in the bank for them.

I don't need to post a link to prove that fact. If you're not already aware of the high deductible policies that are being promoted by health insurance companies, you simply don't want to know.
That's not the same as the college plans.
You may have been forced into it but there are others who have money and choose to use the high deductible plans because they'd rather have low premiums and pay when they need to.

Quote:
The Republican Party represents the interests of the Health Insurance Companies.

How much clearer can they make that fact than when their House Speaker (Boehner) is booked to deliver the Keynote Address at the upcoming Annual Insurance Lobbyist Summit?
Most Republicans are fine with the health care law privately. "Obamacare" is basically "Romneycare" and was first proposed by Republicans in 1994 and was created by the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank.

Quote:
You mean, the Republicans aren't being honest with their constituents?

It's going to be another very interesting year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies