Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 03:33 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Oh, so her WTF, eye-rolling contemptuous comments about his speech was a legitimate decorum for an aspiring president to critique a sitting president? Ya, that was an attack alright, the kind you'd expect to see on a playground.
It's what she does; she was just as snarky when she was mayor of Wasilla. She's found that it works well for the demographic she's reaching out to (and into the pocketbooks of)...every time she makes this sort of display, her PAC gets quite a jump in donations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 03:34 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Sarah feels what she is saying Obama couldn't even force himself to PRETEND to be believable! You can't fake passion. It showed with him...

Very True!!

Old 01-27-2011, 03:36 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Oh, so her WTF, eye-rolling contemptuous comments about his speech was a legitimate decorum for an aspiring president to critique a sitting president? Ya, that was an attack alright, the kind you'd expect to see on a playground.
So your saying WTF the way the left uses it is OK but if the right says the president had many WTF moments its an attack. See here is the problem. had Peolosi said it the left would be applauding If palin Says it she is attacked.

its just hypocrisy

Old 01-27-2011, 03:39 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So your saying WTF the way the left uses it is OK but if the right says the president had many WTF moments its an attack. See here is the problem. had Peolosi said it the left would be applauding If palin Says it she is attacked.

its just hypocrisy
Find me a link to a person on the left saying WTF when critiquing a major speech given by someone on the right and then we can talk. Without it, you're just making stuff up.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:42 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Well I say the brainwashing has worked, aka, the "dumbing down of America".

Seriously is it so hard to acknowledge that this country is comprised of people with differing views? Not right nor wrong, but just different. Grow up.
Glad to hear your brainwashing sessions can now come to a close, and I agree with the dumbing down part as evidence by the childish factor of your post.

As far as differing views being accepted, it depends on how different those views are.

If your views, if and when implement, destroy the country, its economy, or the liberty and self-government of the American people it is acknowlege, but rejected. As far as not right or not wrong, this is the non-judgementalism of the left. Don't call me wrong, just call me different, even though your ARE wrong. Different choices are "pantsuite vs skirt", wrong choices are "kill the pre-born child vs not murder the pre-born child".

The left is real good at hiding behind the "don't judge me" card when it comes to their stupid ideas, but can't wait to condemn and destroy all that is good and productive.

Such cowardice, such immature cowardice.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:43 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
It's what she does; she was just as snarky when she was mayor of Wasilla. She's found that it works well for the demographic she's reaching out to (and into the pocketbooks of)...every time she makes this sort of display, her PAC gets quite a jump in donations.
It is about the money. Palin, Beck, Limberger, Hannuty, O'RidetheTide and Bachmann(not sure if it's money or desperate need for relevance). But the effect of them is bringing the GOP down so low, they may never recover. To my mind, that is a bad thing. The Country needs Conservative and Liberal influences, both in moderation. We are losing the Conservative side of that equation. The extremity of where the GOP is going, hurts us all.

Last edited by florida.bob; 01-27-2011 at 04:11 PM..

Old 01-27-2011, 03:44 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Some of you who persist in your blaring about the "left" are failing to understand that there is a significant number of people in your own party who does not feel that the ex gov. is reflective of their views...and actually consider her to be an embarrassment to Republican principles.

Really now...go read her facebook page for a good laugh. Most of the comments from her followers read like exersises in remedial middle school grammar.

But their money keeps flowing in

Old 01-27-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Find me a link to a person on the left saying WTF when critiquing a major speech given by someone on the right and then we can talk. Without it, you're just making stuff up.
So you claim no one on the left said winning the future that is the WTF palin was referring to. Shall I give you a link to the president declaring WTF winning the future

Old 01-27-2011, 03:52 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So you claim no one on the left said winning the future that is the WTF palin was referring to. Shall I give you a link to the president declaring WTF winning the future
I'd like to understand how someone who puts herself out there as a leader within her party would respond to a very pro-business plan for private sector job creation with "WTF."

I'd take her seriously if she had 10 seconds worth of ability to give a coherent response on how to move us forward in job creation--even if she disgrees with what was proposed--or had the ability to contribute to a national debate on the issue. Instead she responds with "WTF."

Are you serious?

Old 01-27-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I'd like to understand how someone who puts herself out there as a leader within her party would respond to a very pro-business plan for private sector job creation with "WTF."

I'd take her seriously if she had 10 seconds worth of ability to give a coherent response on how to move us forward in job creation--even if she disgrees with what was proposed--or had the ability to contribute to a national debate on the issue. Instead she responds with "WTF."

Are you serious?
So you have a problem with winning the futre
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies