Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 03:56 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,770,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I'd like to understand how someone who puts herself out there as a leader within her party would respond to a very pro-business plan for private sector job creation with "WTF."

I'd take her seriously if she had 10 seconds worth of ability to give a coherent response on how to move us forward in job creation--even if she disgrees with what was proposed--or had the ability to contribute to a national debate on the issue. Instead she responds with "WTF."

Are you serious?
OK..I'll explain why...because she probably needed to give her PAC a bit of a boost; I believe donations have been slow lately. And her scripters know that her followers like catchy little things, quasi witty one liners, et al, and also that it doesn't matter what the President may have said to receive such a response.

They know that "WTF" is something that her base can relate to. And when they relate, they donate. Simple as that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 04:04 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,715,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Sarah feels what she is saying Obama couldn't even force himself to PRETEND to be believable! You can't fake passion. It showed with him...
You do realize that "wtf" comment was an entirely scripted moment written by someone else, right? It was void of passion and laden with calculation. Anyway, I'm not sure how that phrase fits into her alleged Christianity, but I'm pretty sure she's going to hell for it.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:05 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
I'd like to understand how someone who puts herself out there as a leader within her party would respond to a very pro-business plan for private sector job creation with "WTF."

I'd take her seriously if she had 10 seconds worth of ability to give a coherent response on how to move us forward in job creation--even if she disgrees with what was proposed--or had the ability to contribute to a national debate on the issue. Instead she responds with "WTF."

Are you serious?
What pro-business plan?

Investing in "green technologies" that don't create anywhere close to the jobs that are expected?

High speed rail - that no one really wants, can afford and really don't need?

Infrastructure?

Wasn't that what the first obama stimulus was about? All those non-existent "shovel ready" projects?

Quote:
I think you did. The majority of people don't want health care defunded or repealed, but they do want glitches in the program cleaned up. People were voting on jobs--it was a "throw the bums out" election over the economy. I think the R's won DESPITE themselves--their 30% base supports their agenda, and the rest of us just wants the country to grow and for the bickering to stop. You can deny it and keep playing to your base, but your base doesn't win elections for you--swing voters do.
Part of it. The GOP ran AGAINST obamacare, promising they would repeal. Most of those moderates and some more liberal dems who voted FOR the bill were voted out.

Who agrees with this?

Quote:
Cut away the rhetoric and you’ll also see that the White House’s real message on economic reform wasn’t one of substantial spending cuts, but of tax increases. When the President talks about simplifying the tax code, he’s made it clear that he’s not looking to cut your taxes; he’s looking for additional tax revenue from you.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:08 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,770,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You do realize that "wtf" comment was an entirely scripted moment written by someone else, right? It was void of passion and laden with calculation. Anyway, I'm not sure how that phrase fits into her alleged Christianity, but I'm pretty sure she's going to hell for it.
Bluefly...no, they do not realize that.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:09 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,321,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So you claim no one on the left said winning the future that is the WTF palin was referring to. Shall I give you a link to the president declaring WTF winning the future
Don't put words in my mouth. And if you really believe that Palin's use of "WTF moments" was referring to "win the future" I have a bridge to sell you.
Quote:
"That was a tough speech to have to sit through and kind of try to stomach because the president is so off-base in his ideas," Palin told host Greta Van Susteren. "And his theme last night in the State of the Union was the 'WTF,' you know, 'Winning the Future.' And I thought, 'OK, that acronym, spot on.' There were a lot of 'WTF' moments throughout that speech."
Read more: Palin: Obama's State of Union speech filled with 'WTF moments': Alaska Newsreader | adn.com

Old 01-27-2011, 04:12 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
Don't put words in my mouth. And if you really believe that Palin's use of "WTF moments" was referring to "win the future" I have a bridge to sell you.
Didn't you watch the video in the OP, where she states just that before using the acronym?

Old 01-27-2011, 04:23 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,321,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Didn't you watch the video in the OP, where she states just that before using the acronym?
And then Sarah said: "There were a lot of 'WTF' moments throughout that speech." Surely you heard that line, saw her body language and eye rolling and knew right off that it was intended as an insult, that she wasn't agreeing that he had a lot of ideas that would win the future. Her use of WTF was an acronym of the common, street language variety and we all know it.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:24 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,469,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
Surprise, surprise, Another dodged question. Why does Fox still call her Governor when she quit and let the people of Alaska down? She did speak up in a timely manner this time though.
Perhaps because she was elected Governor and therefore entitled to the title, just as any other elected Governor. I realize that this will spoil your erroneously preconceived lesser-48 delusions, but the vast majority of Alaskans (including myself) supported Governor Palin's decision to resign. The 18 unwarranted frivolous ethics complaints against Governor Palin for 6 months following the 2008 General Election by the anti-American leftists made it impossible for her to do what we Alaskans elected her to do - to actually govern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
Quick to criticize yet shuns her own criticism and compares it to blood libel
When the mainstream media (a.k.a. the Propaganda Arm of the Democrat Party) slanders you by intentionally falsely accussing you of committing a murder, that is indeed "blood libel." When both Alan Dershowitz (a liberal jew), and Dennis Prager (a conservative jew) stand up and support Governor Palin's use of the term "blood libel" as appropriate they have a lot more credibility than delusional, disgruntled anti-American leftist freaks that are completely clueless.

Source:

Old 01-27-2011, 04:27 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,510,963 times
Quote:
You do realize that "wtf" comment was an entirely scripted moment written by someone else, right? It was void of passion and laden with calculation.
You do realize that the State of the Union speech was an entirely scripted moment written by someone else, right?

It was void of passion and laden with calculation.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:31 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,182,380 times
Quote:
While I have no idea of Ms. Palin's ultimate destination- I agree her remarks were crass and distrespectful to the office of the president (even if she has no respect for the man holding that office). I don't think that's the direction America's Christians were looking to go- and since traditional evangelicals are a big base for the right- it seems that she is pandering to the fringe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies