Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2011, 05:29 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyboopster View Post
There is only one kind of family. I have yet to see a gay "have" a child.
Really? I know a few lesbians who HAD children... you know, from their vaginas and everything. Imagine that! One even MADE them the "old-fashioned" way, during what she calls her straight phase - which didn't last very long, LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Because someone supports family values does not mean they are "anti" anything. Sounds like once again the radicals are looking for a place to vent their hate/rage. . .
On the flip side, just because Doritos made a "gay ad," that doesn't mean they are PRO anything... can't have it both ways, oh righteous ones. Many of us said on that thread "if you don't like the ads, don't buy Doritos - simple as that." But nooooooo, you still had to whine & moan about how they're pushing their beliefs on you, and that the ads shouldn't be allowed to air. Gawd, the hypocrisy of this whole issue makes my head spin.

Eat the chicken and/or Doritos, don't eat them, who cares? Businesses can do what they want, and we can eat or not eat what we want - ain't America grand?!

Old 01-28-2011, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Yes it is.
Not to them...

We can do this all day!

Old 01-28-2011, 05:40 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
On the flip side, just because Doritos made a "gay ad," that doesn't mean they are PRO anything... can't have it both ways, oh righteous ones. Many of us said on that thread "if you don't like the ads, don't buy Doritos - simple as that." But nooooooo, you still had to whine & moan about how they're pushing their beliefs on you, and that the ads shouldn't be allowed to air. Gawd, the hypocrisy of this whole issue makes my head spin.
Wow, project much? What are you talking about? lol!

Old 01-28-2011, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Wow, project much? What are you talking about? lol!
I'm talking about the thread from earlier this week, about those gay-themed Doritos ads... it's just interesting how these similar yet opposite issues came up, and the hypocrisy of how some people reacted. Sorry if you can't follow my tangent, but it would make sense if you read through both threads.

To summarize: The same people who say "a business can do whatever they want, just don't buy the product" sing a much different tune when the company's doing something THEY find disagreeable... get it?

Old 01-28-2011, 05:51 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
I hope you realize that the "flaming gay male" that you saw is in the minority.

BTW, not trying to correct you...but I think you probably meant nauseous, not "nautilus".
Perhaps it was a Freudian slip because "alphamale" realises that many gay men are probably far more fit, muscled and masculine than he is ....because they use Nautilus gym equipment?

Old 01-28-2011, 05:55 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
You seem to be confused by the stories the Bible tell, versus the principles it teaches. And did you rip the New Testament out of your copy?
The principles reflected the culture of the times in which it was written.
Did you rip the Old Testament out of yours? Doesn't sound like you've read it.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:55 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'm talking about the thread from earlier this week, about those gay-themed Doritos ads... it's just interesting how these similar yet opposite issues came up, and the hypocrisy of how some people reacted. Sorry if you can't follow my tangent, but it would make sense if you read through both threads.
To summarize: The same people who say "a business can do whatever they want, just don't buy the product" sing a much different tune when the company's doing something THEY find disagreeable... get it?
No can't follow, but I agree you do go off on a tangent. . .

You quoted my thread and then said "oh righteous ones" and call out "Gawd the hypocracy" regarding your "Dorito Thread" Also; "you can't have it both ways" etc etc.

I never read your Dorito thread. Sorry.

So really if you are going to try to call out (and quote) someones specific post out you should not accuse them of something that is false.
I simply stated that because Chic Filet is "pro family" does not make them anti anything. That was it for my post and I receive your ranting? So again I say WOW!!

Radicals hate anything pro traditional family and get all worked up over any person or company that has the moxy to go against the left-wing extremists. Who by the way think everyone should agree with them.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:
You quoted my thread and then said "oh righteous ones" and call out "Gawd the hypocracy" regarding your "Dorito Thread" Also; "you can't have it both ways" etc etc.

I never read your Dorito thread. Sorry.
Wasn't "my" Dorito thread... I don't think I've ever started a thread on here, in fact. And while I did quote you, some of my comments were more general - and not even fully directed at one side over another.

Quote:
So really if you are going to try to call out (and quote) someones specific post out you should not accuse them of something that is false.
I simply stated that because Chic Filet is "pro family" does not make them anti anything. That was it for my post and I receive your ranting? So again I say WOW!!
Again, it wasn't all specifically directed at you, hence the reason I used plurals. If I'm the first person on an internet forum to go off on a tangent, I would be VERY surprised... so don't get your pants in a wad over it, LOL. Sorry if I misused your comments, but it just summarized the overall tone here.

Quote:
Radicals hate anything pro traditional family and get all worked up over any person or company that has the moxy to go against the left-wing extremists. Who by the way think everyone should agree with them.
I'm no radical or extremist, but I also think this "traditional family" BS is just that - BS. There's really no such thing anymore, when you consider how many children are being raised in "alternative" situations... being raised by grandparents, single parents, gays & lesbians, step-parents, Aunts/Uncles, foster families, etc. So what is a traditional family, and who has the right to be included?

Last edited by gizmo980; 01-28-2011 at 06:24 AM..

Old 01-28-2011, 06:15 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,619,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Their food is great(for fast food) and I could care less about the "politics" involved. If I put politics first, before I ate out, I probably would eat at home all the time.....
I don't think they really care about "politics" either, to be honest. The owners are Christians. They don't open on Sunday. They try to honor God with their business.

Honestly...it's sad when the intolerance of the tolerance police think they can strong-arm people like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies