Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2011, 08:43 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,706,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I don't eat there now. I am not surprised this is their stance. I was aware that the company was run by someone who was very religious, it doesn't surprise me that his views would be against gay people.
I think the problem some people are having is that it is one thing for the owner of a company to support causes of his choice with his own money, but it is another matter to stamp a corporate logo on materials promoting such events.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 09:55 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,754,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
The children will undoubtably turn out gay themselves.
Ridiculous. Use your head, man. If gays grow up in heterosexual households without being 'turned' heterosexual, what makes you think a heterosexual growing up in a gay household would be 'turned' gay?

Old 01-29-2011, 09:59 AM

344 posts, read 462,809 times
They are not couples, they are sickos who should be put into mental institutions and treated.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:26 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,754,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Who's trying to "destroy" you?

Do you feel that Chick-fil-A should respect gay people and their lifestyle?
Why would you ask such a question? Do you not believe that all people deserve respect until they prove that they do not? No one is suggesting that gays (or anyone else) be allowed to come into the restaurant and have sex on the tables, for cripes sake!

Old 01-29-2011, 11:08 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purger View Post
They are not couples, they are sickos who should be put into mental institutions and treated.
Is that how they view gay people in Croatia?

Old 01-29-2011, 11:12 AM

161 posts, read 731,280 times
good on them!!! i will eat at chik-fill-a forever.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:15 AM

499 posts, read 405,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
The children will undoubtably turn out gay themselves.
Lol. Just lol.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:21 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
You know, now that I think of it, I have never seen an ad of theirs that featured 2 chickens or 2 roosters, at the same time.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:15 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Why would you ask such a question? Do you not believe that all people deserve respect until they prove that they do not? No one is suggesting that gays (or anyone else) be allowed to come into the restaurant and have sex on the tables, for cripes sake!
I asked it for a simple reason, the majority of the people who are in this thread bashing Chick-fil-A are also bashing Christians who may or may not agree with what's being done at Chick-fil-A. If you're gay and you dislike how a certain business treats gay people eat somewhere else, don't attack all Christians and claim that they're bigots because that makes you no better than the people you're attacking.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:27 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,222,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Article emailed to me this morning from a buddy,

Yes, Chick-fil-A Says, We Explicitly Do Not Like Same-Sex Couples | Gay Rights | Change.org

Does this change your opinion about them or will you simply do what I do.....NOT EAT THERE? If someone doesn't like who I am I sure as hell aren't going to contribute to their financial well being.
Besides, they are overpriced anyway.
That's a poor business decision if you ask me. I frankly couldn't care less what their personal view is on gays or any other matter. Whatever floats their boat. But from a business standpoint, I find it horrifyingly ill-advised that they are publicly and openly forwarding the interests of one side of a controversial political issue.

All of you who think that just gay people will stop going to Chick-Fil-A (Sp?) are wrong. Straight people support gay rights too, and many would be just as offended by their anti-gay political views.

While there are inevitably going to be those out there who love this story and are going to go to Chick-Fil-A even more often because of this (see above poster ^^), or those who will start going when they otherwise might not have before, I foresee them losing more business than they might gain. I'm no businessperson, but isn't the goal to appeal to the broadest consumer base possible, politics aside? I thought that was like Business 101.

Last edited by Bluefox; 01-29-2011 at 01:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies