Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 03:59 AM

64 posts, read 167,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Which is odd because Beretta is one of the best firearms manufacturer in the world (in my opinion). If they aren't the best, they are at least the oldest - established in 1526.
Italian government is sadly famous for its inconsistency... :-D I don't remember the model, but also one of the best rifles on the market is Italian, and many industries here make investments on the weapon manifacturing industries... XD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 09:49 AM

1,609 posts, read 4,688,180 times
For in house protection a shot gun is a better choice as aim is not as critical to stop someone also a couple of 3 dollar wasp killer spray cans that shoot 20 foot is a good alternative if one does not want to have a gun.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:53 AM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Unlike you, I keep myself aware of my surroundings. Wouldn't happen.

You're right, it wouldn't happen to you. You must be Peter Parker. Friggin A.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:38 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Your pedestrian obviously wasn't paying attention to their surroundings.

How have YOU managed to avoid getting hit by a car thus far? Or do you get hit regularly?

Old 02-10-2011, 02:44 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:

How have YOU managed to avoid getting hit by a car thus far? Or do you get hit regularly?
My goodness.....

You cannot seem to get around the point that "some time, things happen",
I really hope your being "aware" keeps you alive....

As a person that has retired form the Army (within the last 1.5 years) I can tell you that, there is NO way you can be ready for everything...you may think you can...

But, I guess when you have the 7th/8th sense...you can do that.....

Again, you have shown nothing but ignorance in this thread about "how perceptive you are", sorry....but everyone cannot be as "good as you are" or claim to be....anyway....

Old 02-10-2011, 06:55 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,965 times
Quote:

Time to put up or shut up. I'm calling you out.

Show us proof how fast you can, how high, the works. Take video accompanied with a measuring tape. We'll see how you measure up to a superhero, since you act like you're one.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:58 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlty View Post
For in house protection a shot gun is a better choice as aim is not as critical to stop someone also a couple of 3 dollar wasp killer spray cans that shoot 20 foot is a good alternative if one does not want to have a gun.
A shotgun is very effective at close range and less likely to go through walls and hit your neighbors. The downside is that you aren't as likely to have one close to you on short notice and they are unwieldy indoors (like any long gun).

It's similar to why I carry a pocket camera with me for unexpected picture opportunities while leaving a much better, but cumbersome, professional level camera at home.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:10 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlty View Post
IMO, the Judge is better than a shotgun. Any long barrel is harder to move around in cinfined spaces.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
My goodness.....

You cannot seem to get around the point that "some time, things happen",
I really hope your being "aware" keeps you alive....

As a person that has retired form the Army (within the last 1.5 years) I can tell you that, there is NO way you can be ready for everything...you may think you can...

But, I guess when you have the 7th/8th sense...you can do that.....

Again, you have shown nothing but ignorance in this thread about "how perceptive you are", sorry....but everyone cannot be as "good as you are" or claim to be....anyway....

Seriously? How hard can it be for you to pay attention to your surroundings? And yes, being aware HAS kept me out of trouble thus far. You don't have to be a superhero to pay attention to what you're doing instead of talking on your cell phone, fiddling with a radio, eating your Taco Bell....etc.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Time to put up or shut up. I'm calling you out.

Show us proof how fast you can, how high, the works. Take video accompanied with a measuring tape. We'll see how you measure up to a superhero, since you act like you're one.

You don't have to be a superhero to pay attention. Even if YOU might think it takes a superhuman effort, it doesn't. It comes naturally to most common folk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies