Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 05:57 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times

Advertisements

Glen Beck's bank account is entirely dependent on his daily rants feeding the paranoia/anger/fear of his unhappy audience. Beyond that perspective, he's irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 06:27 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Glen Beck's bank account is entirely dependent on his daily rants feeding the paranoia/anger/fear of his unhappy audience. Beyond that perspective, he's irrelevant.
I kind of look at it this way. The more money he sucks out of the RW nuts, the less they would have to promote nutty Candidates. So, when I talk to a Beck or Palin nut, I enthusiastically reaffirm their idiocy. It's not like I would be able to change their mind, but I may be able to help prevent them from infecting others. It's my Civic Duty.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:53 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I kind of look at it this way. The more money he sucks out of the RW nuts, the less they would have to promote nutty Candidates. So, when I talk to a Beck or Palin nut, I enthusiastically reaffirm their idiocy. It's not like I would be able to change their mind, but I may be able to help prevent them from infecting others. It's my Civic Duty.

Casper

Old 02-11-2011, 07:17 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It's not your civic duty to regulate speech. I know you think it is, but it isn't.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:30 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,136,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It's not your civic duty to regulate speech. I know you think it is, but it isn't.
Considering that floridabob is not the state, how exactly is he regulating speech, instead of just expressing his own opinion?

Just like you?

Old 02-11-2011, 07:33 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Considering that floridabob is not the state, how exactly is he regulating speech, instead of just expressing his own opinion?

Just like you?
Read the post. Why must you come to the aid of your Progressive bretheren like you do. I wasn't addressing you and you have no idea what I was even responding to.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:40 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,586,637 times
Quote:
Read the post.
OK, here's your post:

Sour D: "It's not your civic duty to regulate speech. I know you think it is, but it isn't."

Quote:
Why must you come to the aid of your Progressive bretheren like you do.
I too, would like to know how it is you feel that a private individual is regulating speech by discussing politics with those who may hold opposing viewpoints.

Quote:
I wasn't addressing you and you have no idea what I was even responding to.
If that's true it's only because you didn't make yourself clear.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:45 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
The Muslim Brotherhood like the KKK can want whatever but wanting does not mean they will ever get it or keep it.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:45 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,595,845 times
Yes..you are right..all of Beck's radio listeners have switched over to Air America....oh I'm sorry..didn't they go bankrupt?????? didn't mean to bring up a sore subject...

Old 02-11-2011, 07:48 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,136,221 times
Quote:
Read the post. Why must you come to the aid of your Progressive bretheren like you do. I wasn't addressing you and you have no idea what I was even responding to.
Why must you make everything into some kind of Red Scare conspiracy?

You have a misunderstanding of what free speech means. Yes, I did read the post. I scrolled up. It wasn't difficult.

Based on your posts, I really have no idea what a "progressive" is in your mind. Anyone left of Ann Coulter?

Anyone that understands that only the state can "regulate" speech?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies