Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 02:35 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,677,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Are you a troll? Go back to my post and read it again. I have no patience to write someone that takes my posts and spins it into something totally different.
i asked you a question, if you arent capable of answering it then just ignore it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 02:36 PM

860 posts, read 2,204,221 times
No surprise here. This is exposing some of the ugliness on the right. Support democracy in vague terms, but when it comes to anything at all that goes against Israel's interests, many on the right will do an about face and throw their support behind a pro-Israeli dictator. Lunatics like Beck ought to go **** themselves.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:36 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,864,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You people and your use of the word Democracy. You are using it wrong. Pure Democracy is not a good thing AT ALL! That's how the bad people get into power. They have ALWAYS used that method. They call it democracy and then only have 1 person on the ballot or fix the elections. Also, when was the last time a ME country had a revolution and it turned out a good thing? History is NOT on their side.
You people?

LOL....I am more right wing than you....

I just find democracy and freedom of people important,and IF the USA is still true to it's founding principles we must support it wherever it tries to grow.

Mubarak is elected you know....the USA supported him for his entire reign.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:37 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,448,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
The Muslim Brotherhood does indeed want to reestablish Islamic rule over the region where it once ruled.

Once the Muslim fighters are HERE,I will be happy to kill them,it is afterall a way to heaven for them.

Up until then,not so much.
I agree, but then again you have to realize that we have allies that they want to kill too, we WILL protect them like we have pledged to do so. So even if they aren't here on American soil, we WILL be at war if the region falls to Islamification. BTW, they don't only want it where it once ruled, they want it over the ENTIRE world even here in the USA.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:39 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,448,514 times
Quote:
You people?

LOL....I am more right wing than you....

I just find democracy and freedom of people important,and IF the USA is still true to it's founding principles we must support it wherever it tries to grow.

Mubarak is elected you know....the USA supported him for his entire reign.
Yeah "you people" meaning the people that throw Democracy out there like it only means one thing. It doesn't, there are many forms of it and nobody is addressing what FORM when they talk about it. I wasn't necessarily talking about you only. So you just proved the point, Mubarak was elected, that's Democracy isn't it? See how it can and WILL be rigged?

Old 02-02-2011, 02:41 PM

998 posts, read 1,214,994 times
Quote:
First off,I am a little confused,who decides what is in the best interests of Egypt and the Egyptian people?
Wouldn't that be the people living there?

Do you think other nations should be subservient to the demands and desires of the USA?
If they want help from the USA (ie: creating a democracy or propping up a dictator) then those other nations should be subservient to the demands and desires of the USA.

Egypt is small potatoes. If there is a disruption in Nigeria or Saudi Arabia it will drastically impact everyone in this country.

Last edited by KrazeeKrewe; 02-02-2011 at 02:55 PM..

Old 02-02-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I agree, but then again you have to realize that we have allies that they want to kill too, we WILL protect them like we have pledged to do so. So even if they aren't here on American soil, we WILL be at war if the region falls to Islamification. BTW, they don't only want it where it once ruled, they want it over the ENTIRE world even here in the USA.
We wont do anything to help Israel,no matter how much of a good ally they are(although for the life of me I don't see where Israel or Egypt has helped the USA...)

We would come to the defense of Saudi Arabia,or more truthfully it's oilfields.

Funny thing is,the USA could buy Iranian oil and Iran would sell it to the USA if both nations agreed to do so....

I know about Islam's desires regarding world domination,all that aside there are over a billion Indians and another billion plus Chinese who wouldn't like that to occur.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Yeah "you people" meaning the people that throw Democracy out there like it only means one thing. It doesn't, there are many forms of it and nobody is addressing what FORM when they talk about it. I wasn't necessarily talking about you only. So you just proved the point, Mubarak was elected, that's Democracy isn't it? See how it can and WILL be rigged?
Give the people of Egypt(and anywhere else) the OPPORTUNITY to F' it up....

Old 02-02-2011, 02:51 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,592,101 times
Quote:
The Muslim Brotherhood does indeed want to reestablish Islamic rule over the region where it once ruled.
The Muslim Brotherhood has a very repellent ideology, but the possibility that Egyptians would vote for the Muslim Brotherhood should no more be used as an excuse to forbid free elections in Egypt than the possibility that Americans would vote for Tea Party candidates should be used as an excuse to forbid free elections in the US. The Muslim Brotherhood is more or less Egypt's Tea Party.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:53 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,677,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
The Muslim Brotherhood has a very repellent ideology, but the possibility that Egyptians would vote for the Muslim Brotherhood should no more be used as an excuse to forbid free elections in Egypt than the possibility that Americans would vote for Tea Party candidates should be used as an excuse to forbid free elections in the US. The Muslim Brotherhood is more or less Egypt's Tea Party.
lol?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies