Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,199,389 times

Advertisements

There is NO solution to affordable healthcare... from any side of the party lines. People are forgetting the number 1 reason (IMO) for high costs... GREED GREED GREED.

Me as a doctor... you come to me for a broken arm... I realize I have to pay for my staff, the building (whos owner is making a profit), the tools I use (whos company is making a profit), my malpractice insurance that goes up (for overpayed compensation on other Drs issues), for my brand new $80,000 car, my families first class vacation to (insert destination) as well as my mcmansion I just bought... why you with a broken arm, making the national average, struglling to pay your bills is wondering how your going to pay MY costs because of my own bills.

Insurance reform won't fix the greed... private insurance companies are also about the ... greed..
Nothings for free... if you are at or above the national average in income - then maybe you (in general) should start donating MORE money per month to causes that help the low income people get free breast exams, free wellness exams - heck even free dental checkups and stop blaming either party for going after the middle man (insurance companies) that have no say in how much your Dr is going to EXPECT to take home each month in income...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,199,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Exactly.

Imcidently, I don't suggest importing people.

We did that already. It didn't work out.

We still do... in many professions...

Old 02-04-2011, 01:07 AM

175 posts, read 201,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
And how is any of this MY or the UNITED STATES problem? YOU had your daughter and its YOUR responsibility to deal with whatever occurs. It is NOT my problem to pay more, so your daughter can have healthcare. That is YOUR and, moreover, HER problem.

If you cannot afford children and the aftermath, don't have them. Don't heep your issues and problems on society.
Oh wow, are you freakin' serious? So, you want us to have no sanitation workers, no sales clerks or wait staff and heck, police officers and firefighters are paid crap, and so are mechanics and those that build are homes, hospitals, roads and so on. So they are just garbage that do not deserve medical care and they can't have children either...let us all be engineers, attorneys and doctors! Oh wait, if we are all engineers, attorneys and doctors, then they will become the new low paid class because everyone is working those fields...then they can't afford insurance...sheesh!

Don't worry, you will die of the plague from lack of sanitation or you will die in your house fire or from having the crap beat out of you and no officer to protect you since you are such a youknowwhat.

There is NO excuse for there not to be affordable accessible healthcare in this country, NONE AT ALL!

And let me tell you something, our family has excellent health coverage and we are thankful and want the same for other Americans.

And heep is spelled heap...what sector do you work in?

Old 02-04-2011, 01:21 AM

175 posts, read 201,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
But YOU sure 'knew' how the parents of the children your daughter is teaching spend their money. Hypocritcal much??

Those yuppie parents allow your daughter to at least make some money and have a job. Maybe she needs to better herself and better educate herself if she wants more instead of putting down others whom have more than her. Bitter much?
Those yuppie parents "allow"....? I bet you are a yuppie, aren't you?

Her daughter allows those possession happy yuppies to work.

It is so easy to be so smug and think you are so untouchable...until something hits you hard and you are on the bottom rung, then your tune changes. Then you are the one wanting yourself and/or your child to receive care and I hope you remember that when doors are slammed in your faces and you are told you are lazy or should not have had kids or should have gotten a job in the medical or legal field, etc. I take that back, I actually hope you do receive care but that the horror of what could have been hits you and fills you with shame.

My husband and I have several friends who lost lucrative jobs thanks to this economy, they also lost their homes and of course their medical insurance. They did not deserve what happened to them and they sure as heck do not deserve smug knowitalls looking down on them and telling them what they should have done and that they deserve the suffering they are going through right now.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:55 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
If you think Obamacare is an abomination then what is your solution for the millions of poor Americans who cannot afford extensive, critical health care?
The reason it's an abomination is because it's not a solution. It seems like some feel it's a solution and it just needs fine tuning....it's not going to help anyone and in the long run it's going to make it worse...it's a time bomb set to explode starting in 2014. If a car gets totaled in accident, it goes to the junk yard and gets used for parts and you buy another car....you can't fine tune it and make it drivable again. You start with a clean slate, a new bill....if you want to use a few parts from Obamacare that's fine but, adding some parts to it to fix it, is going to make an even bigger mess.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:08 AM

573 posts, read 971,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
And how is any of this MY or the UNITED STATES problem? YOU had your daughter and its YOUR responsibility to deal with whatever occurs. It is NOT my problem to pay more, so your daughter can have healthcare. That is YOUR and, moreover, HER problem.

If you cannot afford children and the aftermath, don't have them. Don't heep your issues and problems on society.
You know, I have decided that maybe I don't want you getting the benefit of my tax dollars. Since You don't want to opt in to pay for a collective healthcare system in some form then I would vote that you don't get the benefit of my (and others) tax dollars. This means that you don't get the benefits of a free and mobile society. You want to travel on those federally funded highway roads, that's OK, I say you should pay for the privilege since you seem to want to opt out of paying for anything with your tax dollars. You can have all of your tax dollars back, but don't go driving on my federal highways. When you buy gas it will be at the oil companies preferred rate, not the federally subsidized rate (isn't it sick that we actually pay these people to make record profits). I also think you should have your own higher rate whenever you buy corn at your grocer since you have opted out of the tax system, you don't get the benefit of federally subsidized corn. As a matter of fact, when you fall down and go boom, you can't go to our hospitals, you have to go to a hospital that receives no federal assistance whatsoever. And if you think hospital costs are high now, wait until you go to one that receives no federal assistance whatsoever.

Living in a society such as ours means that you have to pay for things you don't like, agree with, or approve of. But the opposite of that is that they also have to pay for things that they don't like, agree with or approve of (that you benefit from).

You don't like to pay for other peoples health insurance (and you are now whether you know it or not). That's OK, I say that you have the opportunity to opt out of the tax system altogether. But once you are out, that's it. You can't come crying to us when you have that catastrophic illness or when a natural disaster visits your home or when someone invades your home. You're on your own. Once your on your own those police you count on to keep the peace will ignore your house. there will also be no more garbage pickup (unless you pay for someone to cart it away)

Oh, by the way, you also don't get to hold down a regular job since those jobs are for hardworking taxpaying americans who actually have compassion for those who have less then they do.

How does that sound?

Old 02-04-2011, 05:19 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
[quote=stevebri;17719234

Oh, by the way, you also don't get to hold down a regular job since those jobs are for hardworking taxpaying americans who actually have compassion for those who have less then they do.

How does that sound?[/QUOTE]

Says who?

Who gets to decide who is compassionate?

Old 02-04-2011, 05:41 AM

657 posts, read 697,460 times
It is beyond my understanding why some people in the US are so opposed to universal health care. Everyone should be able to see a doctor when they are sick, it should not depend on how rich or lucky you are. I mean how can you deny treatment to a sick person, that is just cruel. The US is a great country, but this is one of the reasons why I would not want to live there.

Where I live we think that society should be based on social justice and on solidarity. It's a good feeling not to have to worry about horrendous medical bills, should you ever become ill. And it's a good feeling to know that society won't turn its back on you in difficult times.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:52 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
If you think Obamacare is an abomination then what is your solution for the millions of poor Americans who cannot afford extensive, critical health care?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWjANCuW9kU

Medical savings accounts with a high deductable.

Next!

Old 02-04-2011, 05:55 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
When you've reached the end of your useful work life and can no longer contribute to the corporate bottom, line you should do the un-selfish team player thing and die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies