Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 12:37 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Beck won't need any help from angry leftists to fall off the map.

Well my guess is that once the baby boomers figure out that Beck is no more than Bircher part deux that they will lose interest fairly quickly, but there is a lot of Koch money behind the movement.

They have a very successfull plan working. Beck and the Tea Party to get the masses and Koch money to get the politicians. Working out well so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 12:56 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Well my guess is that once the baby boomers figure out that Beck is no more than Bircher part deux that they will lose interest fairly quickly, but there is a lot of Koch money behind the movement.

They have a very successfull plan working. Beck and the Tea Party to get the masses and Koch money to get the politicians. Working out well so far.
Huffo Po and Daliy Kos get the masses and Soros money goes after the politicians. Working out well so far?

Nothing but a far left hatefest troll thread.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:58 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So basically, what we have is the left attempting to destroy the name of anyone who exposes their ideas for what they really are. No, nothing new here folks.
Too funny. Another Bircher? LOL Nothing new here either.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Huffo Po and Daliy Kos get the masses and Soros money goes after the politicians. Working out well so far?

Nothing but a far left hatefest troll thread.
Interesting that the folks who love and use the word "hate" the most are the right wingers. this thread is certainly not a troll thread. the information provided in the OP is interesting and surprising. did YOU know that the Koch brothers' father was a founding member of the JBS?

Old 02-13-2011, 01:05 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I figured Beck was not that smart. Now I know he just stole all of his conspiracies from the John Bich society.
As well as from Mormon prophecy

"We are at the place where the Constitution hangs in the balance," Beck told Bill O'Reilly on November 14, 2008, just after President Obama's election. "I feel the Constitution is hanging in the balance right now, hanging by a thread unless the good Americans wake up."

The phrase is attributed to the Prophet Joseph Smith, founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Smith said it in 1840.

"When the Constitution of the United States hangs, as it were, upon a single thread, they will have to call for the 'Mormon' Elders to save it from utter destruction; and they will step forth and do it," Brigham Young, Smith's successor as head of the church, wrote in 1855.

Beck is neither a breath of fresh air or original.
More like a piece of stale white bread

Old 02-13-2011, 01:21 PM

My prediction is that Beck is going to self-destruct. That is his lifelong pattern. Just because he has money now doesn't mean he's less self-destructive. I think he has begun to believe all the things he preaches about and has lost the "distance" of just a showman. His ego has gotten too involved. Therefore, when people attack him or criticize him, he can't deal with it. Takes it personally because I think he as begun to believe that he is some sort of prophet or misunderstood "intellectual."

Old 02-13-2011, 01:29 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,054,029 times
I'm not afraid of Beck nor Palin, I'm afraid of those people who consider these types leaders...

Old 02-13-2011, 01:40 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
They can't. They can't post anything that says the John Birch Society is racist either.
Now you're really, really backtracking. What I called you out on was you claiming:

Quote:
John Birch folk were never against the civil rights movement. Never.
I proved that you were completely wrong about that by posting a contemporary article written by them that was a polemic against the civil rights movement in the '60s.

Now you seem to admit that they were against the movement (but they actually wanted to do it their own way or something).

Old 02-13-2011, 02:28 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
As well as from Mormon prophecy

"We are at the place where the Constitution hangs in the balance," Beck told Bill O'Reilly on November 14, 2008, just after President Obama's election. "I feel the Constitution is hanging in the balance right now, hanging by a thread unless the good Americans wake up."

The phrase is attributed to the Prophet Joseph Smith, founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Smith said it in 1840.

"When the Constitution of the United States hangs, as it were, upon a single thread, they will have to call for the 'Mormon' Elders to save it from utter destruction; and they will step forth and do it," Brigham Young, Smith's successor as head of the church, wrote in 1855.

Beck is neither a breath of fresh air or original.
More like a piece of stale white bread
Well Skousen was Beck's mentor who was both Mormon and a Bircher so it is beginnning to make sense. He had Beck's crazy ideas long before Beck did, but when he started to criticize Ike as a communist he went down hill fast.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:28 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
P.S. I still find it curious that when Beck was on CNN critcizing George W. Bush nobody on the left had a probblem with him. Peculiar.
He was never on CNN criticizing Bush, double check your teleprompter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies