Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 06:54 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Attacking the source but not the content.

Have you actually paid attention to the news? The "no-go" zones in National Forest areas of AZ up into Colorado is well documented and falls under the common knowledge category.

Perhaps you could post something to disprove the OP's links instead?
In case it slipped your memory, I live in the middle of the largest National Forest east of the Mississippi, the only no-go zones in it are where the Navy drops live armaments.
I dont really think anyone wants to go there.
Now, I could write a blog and say that Andorians lived in my left nostril, but that doesnt mean its true, does it?
Without credible sources, its just whoo-haw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 07:08 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,160,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Excellent slant, diversion, and spin!
Not once did you deny that America was invaded, nor did you question the inaction of the government to defend America.
Kudos!
Oh I thought your point was to try to convince people of your position.

When you misuse a term that you go out of your way to define it makes your argument look stupid.

You could have the most compelling argument in the word but if it is written in single spaced crayon it isn't going to convince anyone.

But hey I am sure that you are going to convince a lot of people with your rant, so I won't get in the way.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:29 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Much like the Muslim run No-Go zones in France, America now has large swaths of our own country that the government has ceded control over to violent non-state actors who are exploiting Liberal angst to build their own states within a state.

Exclusive: ‘Muslims-Only’ Enclave Thrives In Philadelphia » Publications » Family Security Matters
That's funny, I live in Philadelphia and I never heard of such a thing in my whole life. This so-called zone is described as the 800 South 15th Street block which is an area I go through all the time. In fact it is rather close to the famous "Gayborhood" section that is on south 13th and 12th Streets where most of the gay bars, clubs and shops are as is the big LGBT Community Center near Broad (14th Street) Street.

So there is a mosque on the block. I live near a big Jewish synagogue and there is a kosher deli a block away ... does that mean I live in a Jewish/Israeli/Zionist "no go zone"????? After all the Philadelphia Police Dept. accommodates them by directing traffic on Jewish holidays, and they even erect a huge electric Hanukkah menorah at one intersection.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:41 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
In order for Adverse Possession to take place the party trying to possess the property has to have been actively caring for it for a number of years before they have any right to any claim to it. The owner of the property needs to be oblivious to what is going on by the would be possessor. If the owner posts "No Trespassing" signs and otherwise makes it clear to the public where his property begins, the person trying to adversly possess the property, he doesn't own but is trying to take, can't do so.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:42 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
That's funny, I live in Philadelphia and I never heard of such a thing in my whole life. This so-called zone is described as the 800 South 15th Street block which is an area I go through all the time. In fact it is rather close to the famous "Gayborhood" section that is on south 13th and 12th Streets where most of the gay bars, clubs and shops are as is the big LGBT Community Center near Broad (14th Street) Street.

So there is a mosque on the block. I live near a big Jewish synagogue and there is a kosher deli a block away ... does that mean I live in a Jewish/Israeli/Zionist "no go zone"????? After all the Philadelphia Police Dept. accommodates them by directing traffic on Jewish holidays, and they even erect a huge electric Hanukkah menorah at one intersection.
Thanks!
Good work.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:47 PM

2,511 posts, read 6,300,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Blogs?
Really?
How about something from a credible source?
The problem with addressing these issues is "credible" sources refuse to cover it in any manner which informs the reader or viewer of the true scale of these issues. Often they just make a small notation in a lot of noise to give the public the impression these are isolated events. The reality is there is a large number of these isolated events throughout the country.

The blog has a video which was part of a newscast. There are numerous blogs out there which reiterate these, and various other issues from various TV stations and newspapers around the country. However, the political climate is of a mindset that addressing factual events over political correctness is extremism.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:50 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
I'm tired and my concentration is limited but I think I know what jetgraphics is dismayed at. The fact that cartels running drugs and other things have made certain parts of the country too dangerous for a American in his own country to go there.

It is bad enough that certain parts have always been dangerous like Detroit ghetto for example but now foreigners are controlling parts of American land.

However part of the blame falls on the American people because they are either a democrat or a republican and will not take a chance on voting neither and in the meantime both parties pay lip service to the situation. You would have to wonder why they don't do something. I think it is because of money and political benefit to having the war on drugs continue.

Which is where the other part of the blame falls, the government. For continuing a war on drugs that will never end. More soldiers at the border and ships at sea won't stop it. Expanding the court sentences and fattening up the DEA, FBI, ATF and all the other agencies won't stop drugs. Yet people refuse to admit they are wrong and that the war can't be won. Even just legalizing marijuana is met with hysteria.......

It doesn't seem like rocket science to me, eliminate the profit of a black market and a lot of the violence will stop. Yet a lot of Americans support spending billions on government fighting a loosing war yet when the idea of some of that tax money be used to stop addiction they say "my taxes aren't suppose to be for helping some drug addict recover or feed their addiction, that is government misusing my tax money to give to someone else".

Old 05-14-2011, 10:22 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Ron Paul Sinks Own Ship - Immigration in [Market-Ticker]

"No nation can be successful if it allows unbridled immigration. ... Each and every person who we allow to come into this nation adds to the "divisor" of people that have an indivisible claim on the resources of this nation.
Those resources are finite.
We, as owners, thus have every right to determine who can share in the fruits of those resources. As collective owners of the landmass and resources of The United States we have every right to set policy that allows people into this country only to the extent that (1) the nation can absorb them without having its resources unduly strained, and (2) they produce more and we retain more, in this nation, net-on-net, than they cost.
That's the beginning and end of it. An illegal immigrant is an invader. That person is intentionally and unlawfully diluting the common property interest of each and every other person in this nation."

Old 05-14-2011, 10:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
There's a case right now whereby a developer wants to take possession of some guys hotel because he wants to develop on the land.

He tried to buy it and the guy refused, so now he's going to have the land considered blighted and then take over the property.

Happens all the time!
That's not adverse possession.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:43 AM

838 posts, read 922,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Blogs?
Really?
How about something from a credible source?
Cable news credible? Mike Huckabee show interviewed Head of Homeland Security, Napalitano, about this subject. Government used to have warning signs to stay out of this 200 plus mile area in AZ, then due to all the publicity signs were ordered down but why? Mexican drug cartels are in charge of this land. Homeland security didn't say we were getting rid of these illegal criminals. Napalitano also said that Mexican drug cartels were in every single state, as many of us knew. Must keep drugs flowing into the law enforcement system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies