Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2011, 09:58 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Really?

I don't THINK so!!!

The Tea Party is comprised of 51% Democrats and Independents.

Of course, you already knew that, but just don't like seeing the facts.
With 8% being Democrats (from link). Such disingenuousness from the TP. It is more accurate to say, "only 8% of Tea Party members are Democrats", but that doesn't sound as good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 09:59 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Unless that article is about cramming through Obamacare, in spite of the will of the people, I think I'll pass.

I was at town hall meetings about healthcare. Where the majority peacefully, after work hours, tried to have their voices heard. But elections have consequences, and 2008 taught us that, so while we had an opinion, we had no majority. Fast forward to 2010, where we got huge majorities. The lefties need to learn that lesson.
This is exactly what the citizens of WI are doing; having their voices heard!

The consequences will be in 11 months when WI citizens peacefully recall Walker!

Old 02-20-2011, 10:00 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Collective bargaining does not decrease the quality of education which was the poster's lame argument that I was addressing with this fact. I bet WI students would rank much higher in the world as far as education than when we bring in the red states which bring our ranking down.

As soon as we debunk one of the opposition's arguments, the opposition changes the initial argument. I am guessing you didn't do well in debate class. Probable because you didn't attend school in WI.

LOL, this is the same argument I have been making all along, which you have chosen to ignore since there is no sensible response.

Of course unions are responsible for the dismal state of our education!

Old 02-20-2011, 10:01 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Collective bargaining does not decrease the quality of education which was the poster's lame argument that I was addressing with this fact. I bet WI students would rank much higher in the world as far as education than when we bring in the red states which bring our ranking down.

As soon as we debunk one of the opposition's arguments, the opposition changes the initial argument. I am guessing you didn't do well in debate class. Probable because you didn't attend school in WI.
ROFL...you drank the whole pitcher didn't you ?

Collective bargaining will make WI students rank higher in international education ???

American students are #36 in math internationally.
If you think our standing is due to "red states" you need to do some more reading. Those 15 year olds are the best of the best that compete.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:01 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
This is exactly what the citizens of WI are doing; having their voices heard!

The consequences will be in 11 months when WI citizens peacefully recall Walker!
You mean the citizens that belong to a public sector union (and not nearly all of them btw) and the other union thugs that were bused in by the OFA and DNC.

There is less than zero chance of Walker being recalled, but it will be fun to come back and revisit this claim in a year.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
LOL, this is the same argument I have been making all along, which you have chosen to ignore since there is no sensible response.

Of course unions are responsible for the dismal state of our education!
Reread my posts real slow. Perhaps you might eventually understand the issue.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:03 AM

910 posts, read 1,677,368 times
Anyone who thinks that unions are vital for getting good teachers needs to watch Waiting For Superman. A very revealing and informative documentary.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:04 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,984,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
With 8% being Democrats (from link). Such disingenuousness from the TP. It is more accurate to say, "only 8% of Tea Party members are Democrats", but that doesn't sound as good.

Unable to handle the TRUTH aren't we?

I said 51% are Democrats and Independents.

Is that not true?

The mere FACT that 43% are INDEPENDENT speaks more for the TP than any other percentage since it is THEY who elect our politicians.

...and so much for calling them all right wingers too!

Old 02-20-2011, 10:15 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Really?

I don't THINK so!!!

The Tea Party is comprised of 51% Democrats and Independents.

Of course, you already knew that, but just don't like seeing the facts.
But yet You have Never answered my simple question that IF that is true then why do they ALL have an R behind their title, hmmmmmmm
Casper

Old 02-20-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
ROFL...you drank the whole pitcher didn't you ?

Collective bargaining will make WI students rank higher in international education ???

American students are #36 in math internationally.
If you think our standing is due to "red states" you need to do some more reading. Those 15 year olds are the best of the best that compete.
Not easy to understand when your state (along with other red states) missed the boat on "smarts!"

Smartest State 2006-2007
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies