Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 05:14 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
From your own link, "are accused of illegally buying". Do you have any idea what illegally means? THEY BROKE THE LAW. oh, my God, bad guys wouldn't do that. Just another out of context thread from the left.
Why should any individual be able to buy 20 AK47s?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 05:17 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,276,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
False thread title? I still don't know why it doesn't concern you that someone can go into a store and buy 20 AK47s. Whether or not that someone is from Mexico or the USA.
Why is this a US issue...?

Mexico has an illegal gun importation problem, they should really do something about it, it's not our problem to resolve.

As far as someone buying 20 AK's well why would that concern me any more than someone buying 20 gallons of gas, or 20 chainsaws. Someone can kill me with a single gallon of gas, given the right circumstances, they can kill me with a chainsaw (and the gas) given the right circumstances, which I suspect is what you're alluding too. Given the right circumstances someone can kill you with a pencil; would someone buying 20 pencils concern you? If not why not?

Old 02-17-2011, 05:18 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
First off,the rifles weren't true AK47's to begin with.

Secondly,why shouldn't I be able to buy 20,30 or 100 rifles?

Old 02-17-2011, 05:22 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,983,145 times
Always look for BOTH sides of a story!

ABC Gets it Wrong on American Guns in Mexican Drug War | The Truth About Guns

Old 02-17-2011, 05:24 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,357,456 times
This is simple enough:

1. Blame the U.S. for wanting the drugs supplied by Mexico and
2. Blame the U.S. for supplying the guns that Mexico wants.

Got it.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:25 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,970 times
Mexico has a illegal gun importation problem because we, in the U.S. have an illegal drug importation problem. Why is this a US issue?

Old 02-17-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Email John Kerry, I hear he has something like 4 of them.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:52 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Email John Kerry, I hear he has something like 4 of them.
What is "something like 4" and how do you know it?

Old 02-17-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
What is "something like 4" and how do you know it?
It became a small issue when he was running for President and wanted to show hunters he was an outdoorsman or some such thing.

I can't recall the exact number now but he had multiple AK-47s

Old 02-17-2011, 06:01 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Mexican drug cartels shopping in Ariz. Thanks, NRA, Congress and Arizona.

Mexico Drug Cartels Getting Weapons from US :: WRAL.com
I don't buy it. I think there is more to the story and possibly written by those with a agenda against Americans owning guns. Why?

Because step back, use some common sense and look at the weapons we see in the hands of the cartels. You will see a majority of the weapons clearly come from a black market with government as the original source. During the cold war both sides gave away small arms for revolutions in central and south America. Many of the assault rifles I have seen in photos of the Mexican drug war were from the Mexican military and police in origin that was either a battlefield pickup, stolen,or brought from a defecting Mexican soldier.

And economically it doesn't make sense to buy a AK that isn't even fully automatic for $500 when you can get a cold war or Chinese AK for a lot less and has no traceable serial number.

Then there is the fact that the cartels are using grenades and rockets which are never sold in a American gun store so where are those coming from?

Plus, if a American is running guns he is already breaking the law so how is creating a new law gonna stop it?

It has already been proven that the large majority of guns used in Mexico that are traceable have origins from the USA, but the fact is only a small percentage of weapons confiscated are traceable so that means most of the guns used are from unknown sources and you can bet they aren't from American civilian sources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies