Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 11:35 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,104,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
blah, blah, blah. It is time for some on the left to catch up with the rest of the people. There are MORE democrat ulta rich than their are repubs. Most of the repub party IS the middle class.

You complain about the mess we are in but, forget the dems have had control of the house for SIX years. they also had control of the senate AND the white house, yet you blame the repubs.

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John
Wayne
Control of the House since 2006(FOUR YEARS), and still attempted to do what was best for the country and work w/ Bush & Republican's to do the right things. And control of the Senate and WH for TWO years, and all the Republican's did were obstruct, deflect, lie and of course cry.

I complain about the mess we're in because the REPUBLICAN'S had the HOUSE, SENATE AND WHITE HOUSE for SIX YEARS! Destroying this country, and attempting to subvert the foundations it was built upon for the perversion of the few.

And John Wayne was right. Life is tough...especially if you can't count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 12:10 PM

59,255 posts, read 27,446,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Control of the House since 2006(FOUR YEARS), and still attempted to do what was best for the country and work w/ Bush & Republican's to do the right things. And control of the Senate and WH for TWO years, and all the Republican's did were obstruct, deflect, lie and of course cry.

I complain about the mess we're in because the REPUBLICAN'S had the HOUSE, SENATE AND WHITE HOUSE for SIX YEARS! Destroying this country, and attempting to subvert the foundations it was built upon for the perversion of the few.

And John Wayne was right. Life is tough...especially if you can't count.
Pleas read all posts before commenting. I admitted my error and apologized for the wrong numbers.

The dems NEVER sought partisianship during Obama's term as President.

No amendments were allowed. repubs were locked out of discussions. Bills were written behind closed doors. Bills were put up for vote before the ink was dry. Most of the dems didn't even have time to read the bills before a vote was called. Where have you been for the past 2 years?

Old 02-18-2011, 02:06 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,589,524 times
Quote:
Pleas read all posts before commenting. I admitted my error and apologized for the wrong numbers.

No amendments were allowed. repubs were locked out of discussions. Bills were written behind closed doors. Bills were put up for vote before the ink was dry. Most of the dems didn't even have time to read the bills before a vote was called. Where have you been for the past 2 years?
Even without looking into every single bill..folks can easily remember the 3am amendment to the Cap&Trade bill that wasn't even typed up and on the floor when the vote happened.
Or Obamacare where it had to be passed so it could be read.

ROFL..that is very public news that anyone who follows politics knows about.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:24 PM

1,025 posts, read 1,754,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The people are on the side of the GOP, you forget. Remember the last historic election, where the GOP ran on getting spending under control and cutting back the massive government the democrats have created.

I can just imagine the howling outrage from the Left if Bush had all these unaccountable, unconfirmed "shadow" cabinet heads making policy.

Oh, he had a few, but nothing like what obama has done.

What happened to all that rhetoric about the rule of law, and respecting the co-equal branches of government?
Do you really believe the stuff that you type?? The size of government grew three fold under a GOP administration. We got a whole new department under the Bush administration, (i.e. Department of Homeland Security) for crying out loud, lol. Not to mention the large increase in DoD spending.

I recently moved to the Washington, DC area and I find it disturbing (and the American public should as well) that we have DoD private contractors like SAIC, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, and General Dynamics that have literally set up posh new offices around military bases the last decade or so and leaching of tax payers waiting for "contracts". I love the fake outrage of the GOP over has over Obama's infrastructure spending, the ballooning deficit, czars, and birth certificates, but they never address this.

When is this country going to grow up and stop voting these "do nothing" into office. The Dems need to grow a pair and start calling these guys to task. Where are the jobs they were talking about.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:00 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,925,599 times
Quote:

I've been right here. The 111th Congress passed 383 laws during its session. The bulk of those laws were, indeed, bipartisan. Perhaps you should do a little more research.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...d/d111pl.lst:1[1-383](Public_Laws)|TOM:/bss/d111query.html|

Old 02-18-2011, 03:16 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,000,570 times
Quote:
I complain about the mess we're in because the REPUBLICAN'S had the HOUSE, SENATE AND WHITE HOUSE for SIX YEARS!
I believe I have corrected you before. The democrats controlled the Senate a few years between 2001 and 2006. And the other years it was close, like 51-49.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:18 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,000,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post

When is this country going to grow up and stop voting these "do nothing" into office. The Dems need to grow a pair and start calling these guys to task. Where are the jobs they were talking about.
Now this is hilarious - after the dems increased spending by 60% since 2007, increased the debt by $5 Trillion ($3 trillion of that in the last 2 years) and lost 8 million jobs on their watch.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:37 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,104,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I believe I have corrected you before. The democrats controlled the Senate a few years between 2001 and 2006. And the other years it was close, like 51-49.
Yes, genius...read. I said SIX YEARS. Bush was in office for EIGHT YEARS.

You stand corrected.

The person I was quoting though...was talking about the house.

You stand corrected x2!

Old 02-18-2011, 03:59 PM

1,081 posts, read 917,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Guess the House is insiting on getting apsolutely nothing passed over the next two years, meaning the government shuts down. WHO do you think will get blamed in the end, the Dems, nope, people working for the government still had their jobs, those on SS and assitance programs still got their checks and the military still got paid under the Dems. Those that get hit hard will blame the GOP and that will be that. The GOP will learn to stop playing political games and start working in a bipartisan way or the Senate and Whitehouse will let everything die in the House. The right likes predictions so here is one; the House will learn to play with others or they wil not be playing at all.
Casper
Thanks for the post. I needed a good laugh today.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:34 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,236,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Not all remember how government works.
Guess they will learn the hard way.
Article On section 7 of the US constitution
Section. 7.
All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies