Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 09:07 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
A map with a name and city, state, district where the congresswoman resides. I do see your point, it's not like anyone on Palin's hit list was shot or killed.
So they are ok long as no one gets hurt. So it would take Walker getting hurt for you to have an issue with this.

Yeah that makes total sense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 09:11 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Hasn't this one been beaten to death in another thread?
Recall:
It was Democrat Bob Beckel who first came up with the crosshairs in political ads.
The crazed shooter did not listen to news, talk radio, etc.
He surely never saw Palin's ad and he was a lefty.
But you are using common sense and evidence.

Not what a lot on the left want to hear.

They would rather smear Palin and others just because they disagree with her politics.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:13 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
I don't recall seeing people at Tea Party rallies with such signage.
http://cloud.donaldjenkins.net/image...ealth-care.jpg

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/def...de768208bf.jpg

Orly Taitz: US military has no backbone - National birther movement | Examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/birther-movement-in-national/orly-taitz-us-military-has-no-backbone - broken link)

Sharron Angle Floated '2nd Amendment Remedies' As 'Cure' For 'The Harry Reid Problems'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paeuC-i8E1o

Quote:
I did give kudos to the few Liberals that came here and condemned the sign.
The very first posts in this thread were purported to condemn liberal hypocrisy, without even giving anybody a chance to reply. This is still a pretty short thread without all that many views.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:14 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,983,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
THIS sign, or any sign with the same message at any point in time (as was the premise of the OP... Sarah Palin and like)? In other words, you object to just this instance, or all such instances from the past?

Well, when I said that this sign was about the same as a sign with the words "hang bush" I guess I kinda revealed that any signage DIRECTLY calling for harm, violence, or death of ANY individual is objectionable to me.

You can also safely assume that I condemn all written death threats as well.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:14 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
Default The anger, the tone, the rhetoric, its just awful...

When the tea party was doing it anyway. Now all the union thugs show up with nazi pictures, crosshairs on the governors face, and other forms of expressing their outrage and anger. Mainstream media that was whining during the tea party movement is strangely silent. Actually, they aren't strangely silent. The fact is they do not care how outraged, angry, or uncivil the left gets when protesting because they are going to write their articles slanted in the favor of lefty protestors. The only time anger, outrage, and "uncivil" behavior is frowned upon is when it comes from the right. This is simply another blatant example of how full of BS the left was the whole time they act like they cared about civility.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:18 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
When the tea party was doing it anyway. Now all the union thugs show up with nazi pictures, crosshairs on the governors face, and other forms of expressing their outrage and anger. Mainstream media that was whining during the tea party movement is strangely silent. Actually, they aren't strangely silent. The fact is they do not care how outraged, angry, or uncivil the left gets when protesting because they are going to write their articles slanted in the favor of lefty protestors. The only time anger, outrage, and "uncivil" behavior is frowned upon is when it comes from the right. This is simply another blatant example of how full of BS the left was the whole time they act like they cared about civility.
Because MSM is backed by big partisan money..left leaning currently so only the right can do wrong and be publicly chastised for it.

That's just the way it is right now. The left has the press in their pocket.
The tables turn as history shows but right now the left have the ear of the press.

People need to become smart enough to see through the propaganda.
And propaganda is exactly what it is.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:19 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
All extremes of the political spectrum make me go between facepalming, laughing hysterically, and jaw-dropping. There is little chance of civility between people of differing extremes. There's also little chance in civil discourse when arguments are filled with fallacy instead of straight logic.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:20 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,983,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
The very first posts in this thread were purported to condemn liberal hypocrisy, without even giving anybody a chance to reply.

Well....yeah.

That's because the person pictured with the sign is most probably a Liberal who's suggesting someone shoot the Republican Governor......this, after all the Liberals who got on their high horses over a simple political map that's been typically used for years by both parties.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:22 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,400 times
The Tea Party was never uncivil. They were peaceful. The only thing they did was speak their peace, and then go home. These entitled leftist jerks are the cause of WI problems. They are strangling WI with all their entitlments. They want, but don't give. They know that they don't have to do a good job, because they can't be fired. They don't care about the children, or the trouble that they are causing. Who do these teachers think they are, acting like this? A bunch of idiots.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:24 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,357,456 times
It's actually all coming apart faster than what even I thought. I think the protests of the 1960s will pale in comparison to the ones we see as Americans are weened from FDR- and LBJ-ism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies