Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 05:12 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times

Advertisements

If this turns out to be true, they can be facing several fed charges, they are asking
no questions about health , but they are signing the slips with doctor's names as well as license # along with excuses from last week into next week, this is fraud, if they are not doctors, they are pretending to be doctors, and that is against ther law as well,
it is on video and I am amazed at the stupidity of these people!
If you are interested, find out about it yourself
lets see how many news out lets carry this~~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 05:14 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
I wonder how the Wisconsin Board of Medicine will respond to this behavior.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:16 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,983,879 times
Default Hypocrisy!: Doctors Handing Out Fake Excuses For Teachers

You may ask why I call this hypocrisy?

Well, could you imagine what TEACHERS would do if they caught their STUDENTS getting fake medical excuses to miss exams or school in general?

What about if hundreds of student got hundreds of fake excuses en masse from some doctor at the mall while they were there playing hooky!

Great lesson these teachers are giving their students, especially the ones they brought in tow to Wisconsin’s capital:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjFbMDp5Pg8
“I asked this doctor what he was doing and he told me they were handing out excuses to people who were feeling sick due to emotional, mental or financial distress,” said Christian Hartsock. “They never performed an exam–he asked me how I was feeling today and I said I’m from California and I’m not used to the cold, so he handed me a note.”
Another woman, who wished to remain anonymous, said they were handing out excuses like they were leaflets.
“I asked if they were handing out doctors’ excuses and a guy said yes and asked me if I needed one,” she said. “When I told them I needed one for February 16 and 17th, he wondered if I wanted to come back here for the protests next week.”
What happened next?
“I said, ‘sure,’ and I received a doctor’s note for the 16th through the 25th of February, without a medical exam.”
It would serve them right if the teachers in this video were fired...it's all caught on tape!

Old 02-19-2011, 05:16 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
I hope very quickly as well as the DA gettting in on this and how about the "teachers" who are snapping these up!

Old 02-19-2011, 05:21 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
No one knows for sure yet if these people exist, if they actually are doctors, or the exact circumstances.

I'd urge people not to jump to conclusions as of yet.

What I've read so far says that a group of people claiming to be doctors were handing out notes for people who were feeling sick from emotional stress.

Like I said, that doesn't mean it happened, happened that way, or that they are doctors.

If it is found to be true, then I hope that the medical board will pull the licenses for these quacks.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:22 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Yep, the Gov ought to send the SS into the crowd to check their papers, I tell ya!

Old 02-19-2011, 05:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
I read an AP article. They have tables set up and are diagnosing "stress" as the symptoms.
See..they all got their notes. They were all "sick".

See what America has turned into ? We are pitted against ourselves.
And all in the name of politics and what letter you "proudly" wear on your sleeve.
Utterly disgusting.

And I wager that unions in Indiana, Ohio, Nevada, Tennessee are all watching in the wings as this very issue is being discussed in their state governments.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:25 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,983,879 times
So you condone staging an illegal strike and then compounding that by getting fake medical excuses?

You honestly think this is what teachers of our children ought to be teaching by example?

Old 02-19-2011, 05:27 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I read an AP article. They have tables set up and are diagnosing "stress" as the symptoms.
See..they all got their notes. They were all "sick".

See what America has turned into ? We are pitted against ourselves.
And all in the name of politics and what letter you "proudly" wear on your sleeve.
Utterly disgusting.

And I wager that unions in Indiana, Ohio, Nevada, Tennessee are all watching in the wings as this very issue is being discussed in their state governments.
Makes you wonder what else they are willing to lie about

Probably medicare scammers as well.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
No one knows for sure yet if these people exist, if they actually are doctors, or the exact circumstances.

I'd urge people not to jump to conclusions as of yet.

What I've read so far says that a group of people claiming to be doctors were handing out notes for people who were feeling sick from emotional stress.

Like I said, that doesn't mean it happened, happened that way, or that they are doctors.

If it is found to be true, then I hope that the medical board will pull the licenses for these quacks.
Largest crowd yet descends on Wisconsin Capitol. - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110219/ap_on_re_us/us_wisconsin_budget_unions - broken link)
"Doctors from numerous hospitals set up a station near the Capitol to provide notes covering public employees' absences. Family physician Lou Sanner, 59, of Madison, said he had given out hundreds of notes. Many of the people he spoke with seemed to be suffering from stress, he said. "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies