Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 09:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I hope all of these idiots dissappear from the public stage where they do nothing but stir the pot over stupidity, lies, misrepresentations and just plain nonsence. I really can't understand Americans at all. I'm telling you that for 100% sure any of these goofballs wouldn't get one minute of airtime in Canada. Canadians just would not listen to such BS except maybe once or twice just out of interest.

I personally will not buy one single product that advertises on Glenn Beck.
Can you tell me how so many people who pound on Beck know all the things they say he says when I don't think any of them watch him? Just wondering since one Canadian who vows he never watches him always knows all about what he said. I know he gets his info from Media Matters. Where do you get yours?

Old 02-20-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am sure they'd be more than happy to have your business/money.
Do you suppose that the Captain advertises anything on national TV? For some reason I don't think so.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:36 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,362,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Would the date, August 13, 2009 have anything to do with what your link says? i guess you didn't know about the importance of dates in links, but this one fails really bad.
We were discussing something that had happened, so of course the link is older. Like I said in previous posts I can't verify any current numbers or claims of how many advertisers have or are currently choosing not to advertise on Beck's show. All I know is that advertiser's did choose to stop advertising during his program at that time.

I know the importance of dates in links, and if I was making any claims as to what was going on today with his advertising then maybe you'd have a point, but I'm not therefore your attempt to criticize me based on the date of my link is really pointless.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-17-2011/83189

Once again, they crush the competition. How many years running does that make it? 8? 10?
Well Finn just threw in the part about Fox News hoping that it was right. He did have some numbers about Beck and threw Fox in with them for fun.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Good! Less people watching a man like that has got to be good for the country. What a nutcase.
And how often do you watch Beck? Like most here never? So many know so much about what he says but not through seeing him say it unless MM has it on video.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Huh?!? We've already proven to you that Beck makes up lies. Case closed. I'm sorry to tear your mentor down from the pedestal you've created for him.

This thread is about Beck's plummeting ratings.
I have admitted that his ratings have slipped but I am not celebrating that. Your proof has always come from ThinkProgress, MediaMatters, HuffPo and Kos. Some of the proofs have been about things that I saw and knew weren't true, but then . . . . . . . .

Old 02-20-2011, 09:45 PM

831 posts, read 680,887 times
Fine example of what happened when the boy who clowned too many times about the big bad wolf and play the people for stupid. Karma is a sweet word.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:46 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,892 times
Quote:
And how often do you watch Beck? Like most here never? So many know so much about what he says but not through seeing him say it unless MM has it on video.
And interesting defense of your position......only by watching beck daily can anyone have any real knowledge about what he says and therefore MAY possibly BE able to criticize him.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
We were discussing something that had happened, so of course the link is older. Like I said in previous posts I can't verify any current numbers or claims of how many advertisers have or are currently choosing not to advertise on Beck's show. All I know is that advertiser's did choose to stop advertising during his program at that time.

I know the importance of dates in links, and if I was making any claims as to what was going on today with his advertising then maybe you'd have a point, but I'm not therefore your attempt to criticize me based on the date of my link is really pointless.
Your Reuter's link was about the time that all those liberal people were organized to get people to stop advertising with Beck. That was a very organized effort and often things like that are at least somewhat successful.

Can you tell me how many people are advertising there that weren't back then? Go ahead and watch him to see what I mean.

I can tell you that the OP has never watched Beck. About 3 years ago he promised me that he would do so and all I ever got out of that promise was booted off this forum for calling him out about it.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:48 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,362,227 times
Quote:
Some of us have actually watched Beck and have stopped. He's an entertainer, he makes his money based off of how popular his TV show is. His #1 concern is not presenting accurate information in an unbiased manner, his #1 concern is to make sure people watch his show. Presenting facts in an unbiased manner is boring to most Americans, so he's not going to do that.

Instead he gets intensely emotional, shouts, throws fits, and does things that make his show interesting. The biggest turn off for me, though, was his complete lack of respect and human decency towards those who do not think like him. If you're liberal or progressive he has no problem insulting you on his show and treating you as if you don't deserve to be a part of this nation. He's rude to many of his guests and has a nasty habit of cutting people off. I remember watching the interview he did with Stephenie Meyer and getting frustrated because any time she'd pause on an answer he'd immediately jump in, even though it was clear she wasn't finished talking.

Ahhh... all in all it's just another reason why we should stop getting our news from the TV. People like Beck (and Maddow) are looking to feed us our opinions instead of making us think for ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies