Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 12:10 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,013,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OK, want logic???????

SHOW me EXACTLY WHERE I implied or said or stated that "we should turn a blind eye and condone it"??

That statement is without ANY noticeable logic whatsoever...it sounds like it was pulled out of a too large body orifice.
Were you not implying due to it's long term existence and the fact that it isn't going away any time soon it's undeserving of attention? If not, please clarify the intent of the post I quoted in my response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 12:23 PM

37,151 posts, read 42,256,168 times
I remember the C-fights in the mini series Roots. Chicken George was played by Ben Vereen and the good fighters were treated like a prized commodity.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:39 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,167,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Were you not implying due to it's long term existence and the fact that it isn't going away any time soon it's undeserving of attention? If not, please clarify the intent of the post I quoted in my response.
I did not post anything but :

It existed in Greece (c. 524–460 BC).

It is not new and will, obviously, not go away...

Those two statements are FACTS.....go argue your opinion with someone else......

Old 02-26-2012, 12:42 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,013,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I did not post anything but :

It existed in Greece (c. 524–460 BC).

It is not new and will, obviously, not go away...

Those two statements are FACTS.....go argue your opinion with someone else......
I replied to your statement...that will happen when you post on a public message board. Sorry if that reply failed to address the issue you were poorly attempting to communicate.

I'll happily ignore your future statements. Go attempt to censor the replies of someone else.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:51 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,080,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
This is a cultural tradition among Latinos.
Yep, Billy Joe Bob and the Alabama trailer trash NEVER got involved with either dog or **** fighting... yeah right.

The names of the arrestees:

Jorge Rolando Veliz-Quintero, Fremont, NC
Noe Veliz-Quintero, Fremont, NC
Gerald Allen Smith, Eutawville, SC
Harold Dean Johnson, Martin, SC
David Lee Dyal, North, SC
Bobby Joe Green, Chester, SC
Wilborn A. Timms Jr., Abbeville, SC
Earl Gray Martin, Gaffney, SC
Johnny Hampton Way, Cordova, SC
Roosevelt Curry, North Augusta, SC
William J. Manley, Gray Court, SC
Will Dee Lambert, Georgetown, SC
Wyman Raye Murphy Jr., Cope, SC
Kevin Dwayne Grice, Iva, SC
Larry Wayne Ashley, Honea Path, SC
Eddie Randal Morgan, Edgemoor, SC
Gary Martin Gregory, Gilbert, SC
Charles David Cobb, Waterloo, SC
Billy Pierce Plummer, Hartsville, SC
James Frank Howard, Georgetown, SC
James D. Tate, Inman, SC
Johnny Joseph Harrison, North Augusta, SC
George Doyle O'Bryant, Spartanburg, SC
Charles L. Peeler, Gaffney, SC
James Bryant Rayfield, Clover, SC
Chad Cable, Neeses, SC
Howard Daniel Barton, Warrenville, SC
James Edward Haskins, Blackville, SC
Those charged in Williamsburg County include:

Noe Veliz-Quintero, Freemont, NC
Jorge Rolando Veliz-Quintar, Freemont, NC
Jerome David Benenhaley II, Pinewood, SC
Barry Walter M. Limehouse, St. George, SC
Oscar Chappell Lemmon III, Ladson, SC
Laurie G. Johnson, Salters, SC
Robert Wesley Wilson, Andrews, SC
Rocky Edwin Booth, McColl, SC
Cody James Davis, Andrews, SC
Elbert Eugene Milligan, McColl, SC

Looks like multiculturalism is alive and well in South Carolina.

By the way, what's the name of University of South Carolina's mascot?

Spoiler
Fighting Gamecocks

I've had enough stupidity for one Sunday. I think I will go watch paint dry.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:28 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,167,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
I replied to your statement...that will happen when you post on a public message board. Sorry if that reply failed to address the issue you were poorly attempting to communicate.

I'll happily ignore your future statements. Go attempt to censor the replies of someone else.
Oh those facty things and logic do bring out the "pouts' in some.

What is your problem with reading all sorts of crap into the simplest of statements....NO WHERE diid I try to censor you....but go ahead and sulk anyway...

Old 02-26-2012, 01:30 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,104,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Cockfighting has been going on for hundreds of years. My father used to tell me stories about going to cockfights in the Philippines during WWII. Here in S.C. the mascot of USC is the Fighting Gamecock.

These are not unusual conests. Michael Vick was busted for holding dgfights, for which he was slapped on the hand and returned to football glory. Bear bating and turkey shoots used to be conteststhat were greatly attended. Bullfights are still popular sports in Spanish countries, and are quite exciting. The bulls of the ring today are the tacos of the streets tomorrow.

No one who eats factory-produced poultry or meat can possibly have a moral problem with something so simple as a cockfight.
Actually bullfighting with killing the bull is stopping in Spain, I heard a few months back. they were fighting the last legal fight where the bull was gored to almost death with those sticks

Old 02-26-2012, 11:59 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,623,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Actually bullfighting with killing the bull is stopping in Spain, I heard a few months back. they were fighting the last legal fight where the bull was gored to almost death with those sticks
Only in areas where bullfighting is not popular.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:01 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,286,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I hate to see that in 2011 this crap goes on in the US

"Cockfighting Ring Busted on LI"

"Roosters were clawing each other as police busted a cockfighting ring on Long Island this weekend, arresting 33 people and rescuing 35 birds......"

"......Authorities saved 35 roosters, most stored in cages, and confiscated a fighting ring, scales, seats for spectators and equipment used to prepared the birds for battle....."

Cockfighting Ring Busted on LI | NBC New York

Where have you been for the last 1000 years? This kind of stuff has been going on for centuries, it is NOT a news flash.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:02 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,301,032 times
Now I'm craving a chicken caesar salad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies