Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 08:38 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Is it now?
Nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 09:02 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Then why are you here?
My beef was with Gingrich's comments about "If Sarah Palin were president". Are you a lawyer? Is anyone on here a lawyer?

Old 02-25-2011, 09:04 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
“I think that’s something you get to much later. But I think clearly it is a dereliction of duty. Clearly it’s a violation of his constitutional oath. Clearly it is not something that can be allowed to stand."
Read more on Newsmax.com: Gingrich: If Palin Took Obama Actions, There Would Be Calls for Impeachment

Not meaning to be snide, but who really cares.

Newt is so 1994!

Old 02-25-2011, 09:24 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Gingrich is a fine one to talk about "Defense of Marriage", considering his own marital problems. And what's this crap about Sarah Palin? She was not running for pres, and it doesn't look like she will. We should all deal with reality, not some alternative universe where she is president (G*d forbid!).
Amen. Newt should go sit in a corner and I doubt sarah is running for the high office. She'll have to answer real questions. LOL

Old 02-25-2011, 10:02 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
It could be. Obama, the candidate who claimed he would respect the rule of law, except when it was politically expedient, is now deciding what laws he will defend/enforce and which are unconstitutional.

This is no where near his role as the Executive.

He is the most lawless president this country has ever known.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:04 PM

306 posts, read 355,198 times
Gingrich would like to remind everybody that that marriage is between one man and one woman whom you abandon riddled with cancer on her hospital bed while you have adulterous sex with your mistress whom you later marry and cheat on with a third woman while screaming with Godly moral outrage about the infidelities of the current president (Clinton).

Wow!

Obama and Holder have chosen not to defend DOMA in court and I trust that Obama knows that what he is doing is OK because Obama is a constitutional law scholar who taught at the University of Chicago Law School for 12 years.

Gingrich is a former history professor who taught at West Georgia College.

Who has more credibility here?

So, Gingrich talks trash about impeachment of Obama but Bush can't go to certain countries for fear of being arrested for war crimes.

Funny ain't it?

Old 02-25-2011, 11:12 PM

47 posts, read 22,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Does anyone care what Gingrich thinks/says?
Yes, thinking Americans nation-wide.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:15 PM

47 posts, read 22,608 times
Quote:
“I think that’s something you get to much later. But I think clearly it is a dereliction of duty. Clearly it’s a violation of his constitutional oath. Clearly it is not something that can be allowed to stand."
Read more on Newsmax.com: Gingrich: If Palin Took Obama Actions, There Would Be Calls for Impeachment

Impeach, convict, remove from office and then sweep the trash out of the White House for good on his sorry ass.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:30 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush Fan View Post
Impeach, convict, remove from office and then sweep the trash out of the White House for good on his sorry ass.
The last Democrat President the Republican House impeached wasn't thrown out of office by the Republican Senate. In that case I was very glad of the outcome because of the precedent it would have set, for later. Although I see Obama as acting way beyond his Constitutional power I know that he can't be swept out of office since the Dems have enough control of the Senate to stop this. He needs to go but it will have to be by election and it isn't time for that yet.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:07 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The last Democrat President the Republican House impeached wasn't thrown out of office by the Republican Senate. In that case I was very glad of the outcome because of the precedent it would have set, for later. Although I see Obama as acting way beyond his Constitutional power I know that he can't be swept out of office since the Dems have enough control of the Senate to stop this. He needs to go but it will have to be by election and it isn't time for that yet.
You mean by invading and occupying a sovereign nation based on lies and trumped up BS that cost thousands of lives and billions of dollars that was supposed to be paid for with Iraqi oil? Oh wait, that was the other guy.

What exactly are you referring to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies