Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 02:43 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,276,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Eleven point eight years, followed by a life sentence as a registered sex offender, the moder day equilivent of a leaper. If they, and all other criminals, are only serving half of the sentence the court gives them then we need to build more prisons (or penal colonies). Instead we throw more and mroe money at education and keep getting less and less return for our money (but it buys the votes of teacher's unions).

The site linked seems like a good organization. I read a little bit and noticed they address instances where both genders are victims.
RAINN is an exceptional organization.
Unless you've been in the courts for a rape trial, or have been raped, you have no idea about what happens to someone who has been.
There are dozens of reasons why someone doesn't report rape.
Fear and shame are only two of them.
I know a lot more of the dynamics than you probably do having volunteered with a rape crisis group for quite some time.

One woman was gang raped (by white college boys) and one of them had a venereal disease that spread to all of the rapists. This woman never told anyone about her rape and was shocked when she got called by the board of health because one of the rapists turned her in for giving them the clap.
How's that for adding insult to injury?
She's been deathly afraid of intimacy since.
It led to years of drinking and drugging.
Last I heard, she was trying to get help for her addiction.
I wish her luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 03:09 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,303,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
RAINN is an exceptional organization.
Unless you've been in the courts for a rape trial, or have been raped, you have no idea about what happens to someone who has been.
There are dozens of reasons why someone doesn't report rape.
Fear and shame are only two of them.
I know a lot more of the dynamics than you probably do having volunteered with a rape crisis group for quite some time.

One woman was gang raped (by white college boys) and one of them had a venereal disease that spread to all of the rapists. This woman never told anyone about her rape and was shocked when she got called by the board of health because one of the rapists turned her in for giving them the clap.
How's that for adding insult to injury?
She's been deathly afraid of intimacy since.
It led to years of drinking and drugging.
Last I heard, she was trying to get help for her addiction.
I wish her luck.
Darn, and just when the conversation was starting to settle down to a more civil level you had to go and throw race back in to it. I thought race didn't matter?

While we all agree rape is a terrible thing and rapists should be prosecuted we also need to remember that everyone is innocent until proven guilty and not rush to judgment. I'm recalling another allegation of rape (involving White college boys if you must know). It was when the stripper crystal gayle magnum (I'll never forget her name) falsely accused the Duke lacrosse players of rape. Had the DA not been running for office in an election year the case would have been thrown out and she would have been charged with the crime she committed. Instead the entire country was dragged through a race-based circus and several young men's lives were ruined. In the end the DA finally was disbarred and got what he deserved but you can't go back in time and restore scholarships, job offers, and reputation.

Falsely reporting a rape is a serious crime, not only because of the damage to the accused’s reputation, income, etc, but also because it makes people less likely to believe a victim that is really raped. I believe those who falsely accuse others of a crime should suffer the same sentence as the accused would have received if convicted of the crime.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:44 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,187,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
If she were your daughter, and raised properly, this never would have happened..She was looking for attention and found it...
This is pure filth. Your momma failed you.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:55 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,931 times
Quote:
Darn, and just when the conversation was starting to settle down to a more civil level you had to go and throw race back in to it. I thought race didn't matter?

It doesn't and one would have to be daft to not understand what she was saying is that ALL MEN CAN RAPE WOMEN. ANY COLOR, ANY AGE, ANY PLACE. If you got a weener you can rape a woman. I carry a BIG KNIFE with me so as to not worry about such things. Oh, and I fight dirty.

The color of the rapist doesn't matter, the color of the victim doesn't matter (except when they are targetting a certain "look" but it doesn't matter because we ALL FEEL the same inside.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:22 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,276,554 times
Quote:

While we all agree rape is a terrible thing and rapists should be prosecuted we also need to remember that everyone is innocent until proven guilty and not rush to judgment. I'm recalling another allegation of rape (involving White college boys if you must know). It was when the stripper crystal gayle magnum (I'll never forget her name) falsely accused the Duke lacrosse players of rape. Had the DA not been running for office in an election year the case would have been thrown out and she would have been charged with the crime she committed. Instead the entire country was dragged through a race-based circus and several young men's lives were ruined. In the end the DA finally was disbarred and got what he deserved but you can't go back in time and restore scholarships, job offers, and reputation.

Falsely reporting a rape is a serious crime, not only because of the damage to the accused’s reputation, income, etc, but also because it makes people less likely to believe a victim that is really raped. I believe those who falsely accuse others of a crime should suffer the same sentence as the accused would have received if convicted of the crime.
Race doesn't matter, so long as the group being demonized isn't white, I guess. Was there not a challenge upthread stating that whites didn't gang rape. Yes, I believe several posters stated that whites don't rape like blacks do because of their upbringing. Feh.

I didn't see you complain when that was said.

Yes, I agree that the prosecutor in the Duke incident should have been disbarred and the accuser should have been charged with filing a false police report or whatever crime fits.

The same sentence as a rapist? Really, now we have politicians and others who lie and hurt people all the time, what should they be charged with? You walk a slippery slope there. Imagine deleted comments here.

Women don't report rape.
Most likely, you know women who have been raped. You probably don't know because there is shame and fear that is part of them for the rest of their lives. They don't want to be stigmatized or known for it.

Unless you've been raped or worked closely with those who have, you have no idea of the trauma and PTS that just doesn't go away completely.

Women don't report rape, they're blamed and questioned about their own morals (no one's business, btw). Life isn't Law & Order, SVU.

So how do you feel about the ultimate horror of the woman in the anecdote I provided?
To be raped and the rapists turn her in for a venereal disease that one of them gave her. Oh yeah, and they were never charged.
How do you think she'll cope for the rest of her life and do you think she can ever have a normal, loving relationship without fear or shame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
It doesn't and one would have to be daft to not understand what she was saying is that ALL MEN CAN RAPE WOMEN. ANY COLOR, ANY AGE, ANY PLACE. If you got a weener you can rape a woman. I carry a BIG KNIFE with me so as to not worry about such things. Oh, and I fight dirty.

The color of the rapist doesn't matter, the color of the victim doesn't matter (except when they are targetting a certain "look" but it doesn't matter because we ALL FEEL the same inside.
Exactly.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:42 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times
Sorry call these idiots what you may, I would show no mercy for them, if this were my child
sorry. People at that age should know right from wrong, no excuses, too many excuses made for acts as this today none in my book None.

Animals are what they are Animals. Disgusting at that.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:24 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,400 times
Default 11 year old girl's rape filmed and circulated

Affidavit: Texas girl's assault recorded on cell phones - CNN.com

Animals.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:27 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,077 times
Default This isn't about the rape is it really

I haven't clicked on the link, but I"ll beat you to the punch, because I know your dying to tell us.

What was the race/ethnicity/national origin of the rapists? This is what the thread is really about right?

Old 03-08-2011, 10:43 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I haven't clicked on the link, but I"ll beat you to the punch, because I know your dying to tell us.

What was the race/ethnicity/national origin of the rapists? This is what the thread is really about right?

You haven't even looked at the link, but you ALREADY know the race of the rapists? Wow, are you visiting from Stormfront and trying to hide under cover of being a racism-indignant liberal?

Old 03-08-2011, 10:44 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,812,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post

Apparently it is for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies