Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 04:41 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,635,324 times

Advertisements

Nothing stops individuals from sharing with others, providing food and clothing for others, etc. Nothing should allow government to confiscate wealth in order to do good. That is what she is advocating.

Why does she assume everyone is so greedy anyway? Even when I've been in the middle of my toughest times financially in my life, I have found ways to give. Its really not that hard. If she put the effort into organizing private donations to help the needy since the day of that speech, she would have likely done far more good than the government could ever do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 05:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,541,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Barf. Trotting out a child to be used by politicians and activists makes my skin crawl. Eco-wackos have never been able to argue their case to the public based on the facts (even when they make up the facts) so now they are full bore into 'appeal to emotion' mode. Disgusting. Reprehensible.
But it gets all the touchy-feelie types all worked up and "activated".

Old 03-04-2011, 05:41 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,445,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

But it gets all the touchy-feelie types all worked up and "activated".
Yeah, the disappearing rain forests, children living in war-torn countries and cancerous fish in our poisoned rivers and streams, among the other things she spoke of, are such bad things to get all "touchy-feely" about. What were we thinking?! We should be throwing all our activism towards letting Big Oil drill off our coastlines and those poor families making $250,000 a year having to pay a larger share of taxes, which is so unfair. And keeping those gays apart, that's an important thing to be an activist about, too! Oh, Oh! And making miscarriage murder, I'm all for rising up about that! I have no idea why my priorities got so screwed up.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:51 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,764,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Yeah, the disappearing rain forests, children living in war-torn countries and cancerous fish in our poisoned rivers and streams, among the other things she spoke of, are such bad things to get all "touchy-feely" about. What were we thinking?! We should be throwing all our activism towards letting Big Oil drill off our coastlines and those poor families making $250,000 a year having to pay a larger share of taxes, which is so unfair. And keeping those gays apart, that's an important thing to be an activist about, too! Oh, Oh! And making miscarriage murder, I'm all for rising up about that! I have no idea why my priorities got so screwed up.

Could you mix up any more causes de jour? As if any of these issues are related!

What ever happened to Alar and acid rain?

Old 03-04-2011, 07:03 PM

561 posts, read 506,092 times
Quote:
. . . disappearing rain forests . . . children living in war-torn countries . . . cancerous fish . . . poisoned rivers and streams . . . keeping those gays apart . . . making miscarriage murder . . .
I suggest moving to a better neighborhood

Old 03-04-2011, 08:46 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,445,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post

Could you mix up any more causes de jour? As if any of these issues are related!

What ever happened to Alar and acid rain?
Uhm, those aren't my "causes", they were the "causes" that a 12 year old girl brought up, 18 years ago, in a speech to the United Nations. But of course you'd know that if you BOTHERED to watch it.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:49 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,764,994 times
Quote:
Uhm, those aren't my "causes", they were the "causes" that a 12 year old girl brought up, 18 years ago, in a speech to the United Nations. But of course you'd know that if you BOTHERED to watch it.

It doesn't make it any better.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:03 PM

19,849 posts, read 12,119,711 times
Roger called it - daddy is an environmental activist. David Suzuki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-04-2011, 09:22 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,308,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Roger called it - daddy is an environmental activist. David Suzuki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bam! I can smell 'em a mile away. ('cause deoderant isn't eco-friendly)

Old 03-04-2011, 10:03 PM

20,349 posts, read 19,945,113 times
I wonder if the UN Reps from the Sudan, Lybia, Iran, Myanmar, Somalia, Cuba..........etc. were moved to tears?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies