Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 11:04 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,887,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
I can think of the gentleman right now in the news who murdered a 5 year old child and ate HIM! who is getting out of prison this august

Please don't use the word "gentleman"!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 11:05 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Well, all he did was to remove his wife's head from the rest of her body. It was not his fault that she happened to die during the procedure. Probably she had a pre-existing condition that manifested itself during the procedure.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:08 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Darn, if I'd have done that to my first husband, I could have been out by now.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:13 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,743 times
Quote:
Does it matter?

So I assume he is ellgibile for Parole after 25 years, but you expect the parole board to not grant it and therefore he "most likely" will spend his entire life behind bars?

Is that supposed to be some alternative to death? I think not. I would not call it justice to any of the victims family who are thinking.... this guy might be free again.
Parole boards in general have been quite stringent in granting parole in recent years. There's a low likelihood that this guy will be granted parole. He received the maximum sentence available in New York for the crime he was convicted of.

Quote:
you make the settle jesture as if people are making a big deal out of this thinking they guy only got 25 year.... But I ask you .... was justice served? Will Justice be served?
Yes, I think justice was served here. This guy will spend at least the next 25 years, and very likely the rest of his life, behind bars. Most states do not have the death penalty available at all for second degree murder.

Quote:
I say NO! If your a father, or other family member or even a friend, of someone who had their head cut off wouldn't you want to know the person who did will NEVER get out of prison....EVER?
Then if you live in New York, you should write your state representatives. This guy got the maximum possible sentence for second degree murder.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:24 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,618,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
New York Television Executive Gets 25 Years for Beheading Wife - FoxNews.com

Can someone please tell me why this guy has not been sentenced to swing from the end of a rope? And how is 25 years the maximum sentence the judge could impose? Obviously the lousy reporter has left off some critical information. I don't understand this sentence.
The religion of peace. Yay.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:26 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
If your a father, or other family member or even a friend, of someone who had their head cut off wouldn't you want to know the person who did will NEVER get out of prison....EVER?
Probably, but raw emotion makes for poor justice. Which is why we take great care to remove those who have personal feelings invested in the matter from making decisions in the judicial process.

Having not heard testimony nor seen the evidence, it's hard to come down one way or the other. But the DA looked at the case and decided to prosecute as a second-degree murder, then got a conviction for the maximum sentence, which is pretty much how you define success in that job.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:27 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
The religion of peace. Yay.

And nobody else has ever murdered their wife? Nobody but this guy? Wow, there must be a lot of innocent non-muslims in prison right now.

One guy out of over a million.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:28 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Darn, if I'd have done that to my first husband, I could have been out by now.

See? hindsight is 20/20.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:42 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
And nobody else has ever murdered their wife? Nobody but this guy? Wow, there must be a lot of innocent non-muslims in prison right now.

No, but does every other religon go around saying.....we are a religon of "Peace."......

Old 03-09-2011, 11:44 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,618,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post

He did it because of islam. Can you tell me islam doesn't teach that stuff? You are familiar with the term "honor killing", aren't you? You realize islam teaches men to beat and/or kill their wives, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies