Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 01:16 PM

335 posts, read 375,910 times

Advertisements

I wonder if the 10's of millions they receive from earmarks only comes from Liberals? Could you imagine if this happened to a liberal family? The lib media and their cronies would be having apoplectic fits.

Democrats attack Republican candidate's children
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 01:25 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times
That's pretty despicable.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:26 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Maybe this loser raised a bunch of cheats. Maybe this "report" on world nut daily is just one big lie.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:32 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
The world nut daily? That garbage makes fox news look liberal

Old 03-13-2011, 01:36 PM

I wonder if the doubters have contacted the sources, or if they think that by their opinion of the source it is all just fantasy?

When you don't have substance, fall back on assertion.

http://www.oregonstateoutrage.com/

Old 03-13-2011, 01:38 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,444,205 times
Oh yeah, I'm supposed to believe the conspiracy theories of the losing candidate. Surely he has no axe to grind. And his word is gold, there is no "other side" to this tall tale. Please. Spare us the histrionics.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Oh yeah, I'm supposed to believe the conspiracy theories of the losing candidate. Surely he has no axe to grind. And his word is gold, there is no "other side" to this tall tale. Please. Spare us the histrionics.
Boy is that insightful. I guess all of the children are just in error here. Nothing to it at all. Thanks for that bit of wisdom.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:47 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post
I wonder if the doubters have contacted the sources, or if they think that by their opinion of the source it is just all fantasy?

When you don't have substance, fall back on assertion.
The only "source" we have is the father. He's claiming, on a far right-wing gossip website, that two of his children are being asked to leave OSU phd programs. I don't even know that they are being asked to leave by the university. I don't believe anything on World Nut Daily.

Let's assume they are. The "author" of this "report" claims they are being forced out for no good reason, and that the actions are just political retribution. I find it very interesting that he doesn't mention the reasons OSU has stated for their impending dismissals. Why did he leave that out of his "article"? If they are in fact being dismissed (of which I have very big doubts), maybe they are being dismissed for very valid reasons. Maybe they got caught plagiarizing. Perhaps they submitted their research for publication, the scientific journals deemed it unpublishable (not significant), and the university wants to stop wasting money on them and is cutting ties.

About half of all people who start phds in science either drop out or are forced out by the university. It's very competitive, and if you're not producing results, the university will drop you and spend the money on somebody else.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:52 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,218,473 times
People on both sides who are committed/obsessed with their teams, do this stuff all the time. The average Dem or Rep deal in pure emotion, rhetoric and talking points. Plus the whole left/right model is based on majority rule and majority rule is all about force.

Get used to this stuff as the inevitable crash of our democracy continues.

Old 03-13-2011, 02:05 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
This is a fairly simple issue, either the Robinson children own the intellectual property rights to their research or they don't. In most cases, graduate intellectual property rights are wholly or partly owned by the university in which such research is conducted rarely if every do universities decline to exercise their rights to intellectual property. So, either the Robinsons can produce the school's policy or graduate contract or they can't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies