Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 08:14 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Funny how this philosophy gets attributed to Beck. Religious people have been saying these things for centuries. This thread has done nothing but expose the frivolous cuckoos on the left for what they really are: shallow.

Conservatives are in that creek along with those on the left.

Broken record, party of...everyone...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 08:17 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I don't hate Beck, I just don't regard him as the Voice of God.

And I'm a Christian, A Baptist of all things.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong, or is that just a natural existence for you?

I think you are the one that should worry about always being wrong or is that just a natural existence for you? Just where did Beck say he was the voice of God? He said what most all "believers in some God from most all cultures" believe. Maybe you need to actually open the Bible and read it.

I may not go to church of any kind but I have read the Bible.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:18 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Yes, ignorance is bliss, and your post proves exactly that. Beckheads are always so much fun to watch defending their favorite talking head. Yes he has exposed something, that there are enough gullible people in the world to make a darn fine living by feeding them crackpot theories and paranoia. You should save this post then if you ever wake up you can re-read it and get an excellent laugh, trust me you will enjoy it.
Casper
Tell me, are you a "warmer"? I'll bet you are, aren't you! Yeah.. you know you are.

Now, who is gulllible?

I'll bet you don't think Obama is a Marxist either, right? Even though Obama himself has said he is. Talk about blind!

And you probably also believe that there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that could destroy this country. It will always be what it always has been, a free nation. Right? Now, who is delusional here? If that were true, we wouldn't need a military would we? Oh, but wait... I'll bet you are an anti-war activist too!!! OMG! You don't believe in the military, do you? No you don't. We should throw down our weapons. They hurt people.

I think I know who you are. Go back to sleep dude.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:19 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Funny how this philosophy gets attributed to Beck. Religious people have been saying these things for centuries. This thread has exposed the frivolous cuckoos on the left for the shallow religion-haters that they are.

The left wingnut Beck haters do not care how ignorant they look as long as they think they have something to lay their hate on.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:20 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The Christian and Beck haters just jump on anything while knowing nothing (as always). It's best to just ignore them. Believing catastrophes are caused by some "God" for behaviors and actions to wake people up, precedes the Bible and are present in every culture, whoever their God is.
I am a Christian and still think Beck is a snake oil salesman, so your argument gets a great big Fail.
Saying the earthquakes in Japan are from GOD is hedging your bets, since after all we all know that Japan sits on several fault lines meaning that, THERE WILL BE EARTHQUAKES.
Another fail by the Beckheads.
NEXT!
Casper

Old 03-15-2011, 08:22 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullCity75 View Post
God told me that the disasters will continue until Glenn Beck stops saying crazy things.
Of course the irony / tragedy in that, in addition to the fact that whatever GB says gets a lot of attention, is that it would mean he is way more important than I would ever like to believe.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:23 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
The left wingnut Beck haters do not care how ignorant they look as long as they think they have something to lay their hate on.
We do not hate him, we just know him to be what he really is a snake oil salesman. We do laugh at his rabid fans even though we shouldn't since it is not nice to laugh at those less gifted.
Casper

Old 03-15-2011, 08:23 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It's about his faith, isn't it. That's all. That's what the left does best. That's why Palin is attacked relentlessly by you people too.
It's about his wacky, irrational, stupid version of "faith."

Why do you make such excuses for stupid people?

Old 03-15-2011, 08:25 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,455 times
Quote:
Surely you jest sir. If ever there was an easy target, GB is one. As are most of the talking heads who cruise our mainstream airways. But C'mon. I bet you know a some prominent "nuts" to the right also.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:26 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Lightbulb To those who say Beck is a fool...

... you're wrong.

He's a master at extracting large payoffs from a specific audience. He's an entertainer who knows precisely what his followers want to hear and delivers it in a style they strongly relate to.

Who's an idiot?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies