Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 04:02 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Like the one to leave an elected office after 17 months because she got a better offer, then blame it on trying to save the taxpayers money because she was being sued?

That decision?

OK, sure.
I'm sure you can give me a source for your quote....

Not some left wing source either...or show me multiple...

No, I mean...If I say she is a very smart person, you would come back and say she is stupid, and maybe argue...look where she graduated from....

Me, "Chuckie" as you call me would say...she has attained a 4 year degree....oh but wait...did Obama do any better...nope...

You would then say....well obama graduated from harvard....a useless argument...in my opinion....it's a 4 year degree...

If I said Palin has more time a a public figure than obama you would say something like....Palin was just some city counsel person for a little town in Alaska, and did nothing for the town...and obama has more time in a big city...something like that anyway...

We can go tit for tat on this all day long, I won't play stupid little games like you, or twist words to suit myself....

So come back with your little comments on how wrong I am....

I know you will....

As for the decision part....look up what she did....and how she grew that little town....If I give you a link...you will complain it is a right wing blog or blah blah blah.....so figure it out for yourself....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 05:44 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Me, "Chuckie" as you call me would say...she has attained a 4 year degree....oh but wait...did Obama do any better...nope...

You would then say....well obama graduated from harvard....a useless argument...in my opinion....it's a 4 year degree...

I'm not sure that you understand how higher education works. You have to have a Bachelor's degree before you can be admitted to law school.

Obama has a four year degree from Columbia University as well as a Doctorate of Jurisprudence from Harvard (which is a three year degree, by the way). Quite a lot of difference between his education and that of the former governor.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:51 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I'm not sure that you understand how higher education works. You have to have a Bachelor's degree before you can be admitted to law school.

Obama has a four year degree from Columbia University as well as a Doctorate of Jurisprudence from Harvard (which is a three year degree, by the way). Quite a lot of difference between his education and that of the former governor.
To add one (2) things, he graduating with honors from hls, and he was president of the Harvard law review as a 3l. Anybody chosen to lead a law school's law review has been given one of the most prestigious honors possible at that law school. He was also a research assistant for Lawrence tribe while there. That may sound facile, but only the brightest get to be RAs for rocketed law profs like tribe.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:59 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
And she probably still has a higher popularity rating than Ron Paul - the one man who can save that party. But - no. The rest of those crack heads will keep going to the same dealers that are killing the party.
THIS, so this!

Old 03-18-2011, 06:05 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,406 times
Hey you cant get rid of Palin now, the Bumper Stickers are already made.

RedditPics - The Sarah Palin / Michele Bachmann 2012 bumper stickers have arrived - It's a No Brainer!

Old 03-18-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Doctorate of Jurisprudence from Harvard (which is a three year degree, by the way).
Can you provide a link to show this? Not a link to a blog....but something that has some reputation?

If you can I will say I'm wrong....

Old 03-18-2011, 06:21 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Can you provide a link to show this? Not a link to a blog....but something that has some reputation?

I don't think I need to prove to you that Obama graduated from Harvard.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:24 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,103 times
Quote:

Are you suggesting Obama didn't get a law degree from Harvard, or that a law degree from Harvard doesn't take three years?

If you are suggesting he didn't graduate from Harvard, there's a nytimes article from 1990 when obama was the first ever president of the Harvard law review. I can link to it if you think I'm incorrect or don't want to google that yourself. There's also anarticle from Tribe in 1991 that thanked obama for his work as a research assistant while he was a student.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Doctorate of Jurisprudence from Harvard (which is a three year degree, by the way).
Never said he did not have 4 year degree.....

But please show me the above....

I have made it bold for what I am talking about and underlined it for you, just in case you miss it again...

Old 03-18-2011, 06:54 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:
I wonder why the lefties are so scared of her....

She already said she is not running...who cares?
It's just a set up. they did the same thing last time making it look like obama was running against Bush. Palin dont stand a chance at even getting nominated yet the Palin threads will never stop anyway .best to just ignore them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies