Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 08:41 PM

467 posts, read 325,347 times

Advertisements

if a special prosecutor is named? It looks like many legal scholars and even Republican analysts are saying he is in DEEP you know what due to his statements before Congress this week. He's standing by his statement and not changing it even though he was strongly urged to take a good look at it by Leahy.

Do you think he SHOULD resign or will?

Last edited by Toninole; 07-26-2007 at 08:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 09:10 PM

1,307 posts, read 5,506,585 times
Of course not. He's a perfect match for his boss. The whole bunch of them live in a fantasy world where they believe the law does not apply to them, and the will of the people is a nuisance they ignore. If a special prosecutor finds perjury and he faces criminal charges, Bush will just pardon him. If he is forced out of his job, Bush will find something else for him to do, and his replacement may be even worse (I used to think that nobody could be worse than ********, but Gonzalez makes ******** look like an amateur bad guy.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:15 PM

467 posts, read 325,347 times
I couldn't agree with you MORE OldTimer! I never thought I'd long for the days of John ******** and his "Let the Eagle Soar" and covering naked statues so as not to tempt anyone (ha).

What a weird world we live in. I keep telling myself "they've hit a new low and it can't get worse for them" and they keep proving me wrong.

Most of you conservatives probably think that Democrats are reveling in all the Republican scandals, but I assure you it just makes the majority of us nervous and sad for what our country has become.

Oh how I long for the days when a bl*w j*b was our national crisis...

Old 07-26-2007, 11:00 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,140,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toninole View Post
Most of you conservatives probably think that Democrats are reveling in all the Republican scandals, but I assure you it just makes the majority of us nervous and sad for what our country has become.
Wow, thank you so much for writing that. I don't revel in the failures of the Republicans, I don't think like that at all. It's not a game if everyone loses! It's a shame and the incompetence and corruption need to stop no matter which party or whoever is at fault.

When the head of our justice system is a liar, it's time for a revolution. He should resign or be deported or both.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:04 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,614,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Wow, thank you so much for writing that. I don't revel in the failures of the Republicans, I don't think like that at all. It's not a game if everyone loses! It's a shame and the incompetence needs to stop no matter which party or who is at fault.

Gonzales on the other hand, needs to experience what he thinks is perfectly acceptable (I don't by the way): a good waterboarding might get the truth out of him. When the head of our justice system is a liar, it's time for a revolution. Why so little outrage America?
I feel the same way.

As stupid as the look, and as bad as it is, I don't welcome the failure.

What I WOULD welcome is the Republican voters RECOGNIZING the failures and making the appropriate changes in their voting habits.

....as for Gonzalez, lol. What are we supposed to do? I think we all know how long it takes to get anything done. The fact is, the 8 year crime spree will end soon. It almost doesn't make sense to bother wasting the time, money, and resources to pursue any action.

~T

Old 07-26-2007, 11:46 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,679,904 times
No way he steps down. Besides, even if it can be proven he's guilty a President Pardon would await him.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:18 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,037,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toninole View Post

Yes.

Quote:
What I WOULD welcome is the Republican voters RECOGNIZING the failures and making the appropriate changes in their voting habits.
And yes.
Have seen some recognition.
Mostly a lot of useless, petty distinctions.
Nothing will change without accountability, nothing can be accomplished if nobody comes together.
We shall see.

And now we have Karl Rove with a subpoena.
“The evidence shows that senior White House political operatives were focused on the political impact of federal prosecutions and whether federal prosecutors were doing enough to bring partisan voter fraud and corruption cases,” Leahy said. “It is obvious that the reasons given for the firings of these prosecutors were contrived as part of a cover-up and that the stonewalling by the White House is part and parcel of that same effort.”

Old 07-27-2007, 09:12 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,894,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Wow, thank you so much for writing that. I don't revel in the failures of the Republicans, I don't think like that at all. It's not a game if everyone loses! It's a shame and the incompetence and corruption need to stop no matter which party or whoever is at fault.

When the head of our justice system is a liar, it's time for a revolution. He should resign or be deported or both.

If the citizens allow these criminals and liars to continue then we get the government that we deserve. I can’t believe it has been nothing but the same repeated news over the past six years of this type of disgusting administration in Washington and nothing is done to stop it! They all need to be jailed for the acts and their cover-ups. Right or Left who the hell wants this type of government?

Old 07-27-2007, 09:24 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
If the citizens allow these criminals and liars to continue then we get the government that we deserve. I can’t believe it has been nothing but the same repeated news over the past six years of this type of disgusting administration in Washington and nothing is done to stop it! They all need to be jailed for the acts and their cover-ups. Right or Left who the hell wants this type of government?

"Right or Left who the hell wants this type of government?"

The ones who profit enormou$ly from it.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:27 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,634,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
Thats what I did and is why I don't like the Republicans OR Democrats. The problem is when corruption is exposed once, the media and parties jump on it as a free for all, and somehow any and all accusations are judged as guilty.

IMO, the same garbage the Republicans were trying to do with Clinton and his people, the Democrats are trying to do now with Bush and his people. Granted, there have been things done wrong in both cases, it seems that the tents pop up and the elephant, clowns, acrobats, and popcorn vendors show up like a mob.

BTW, don't mistake this post as taking up for Gonzales, he comitted perjury, plain and simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies