Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 10:43 AM

628 posts, read 2,070,431 times

Advertisements

Open Carry Texas have conducted provocative demonstrations in which armed men exercise their right under state law to carry semi-automatic rifles in public. No fewer than five national food and beverage chains have now told them to get rid of their guns or get lost, including Starbucks, Wendy’s, Applebees, Jack in the Box, and Chipotle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VJPMeXQ6xk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtUOopHPlMc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 10:47 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
private business, they can make whatever rules they want to concerning firearms in their store. of course they can also increase the chances of them getting robbed and also lose the business of lots of firearms owners refusing to go there too.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:51 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Green Apple View Post
No fewer than five national food and beverage chains have now told them to get rid of their guns or get lost, including Starbucks, Wendy’s, Applebees, Jack in the Box, and Chipotle.
That's not what they said at all, at least Starbucks and Chipotle. I haven't heard anything about Applebees or JITB, so I can't comment on what they said, but Starbucks and Chipotle said no such thing.

You need to stop lying / misrepresenting what these companies have announced. If your position is valid, you shouldn't need to lie in order to promote it.

1,989 posts, read 2,536,396 times
Open carry people flaunt their guns like they accuse gay people of flaunting their "agenda". As a staunch second amendment supporter and gun owner, these people are not doing me any favors. At. All.

1,250 posts, read 1,489,233 times
Why do gun nuts like showing off? I wonder what they're compensating for...

Old 05-28-2014, 10:52 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
My self as a gun owner would be very concerned when i saw some guys walking towards the restaurant i am in with long guns in their arms. Doesn't matter what the law is. Responsible gun owners wouldn't do this because anyone with a lick of sense knows that you are very likely to terrify the workers or patrons. Gun owners do not have the right to push there agenda on the open public. imo

Old 05-28-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Open carry people flaunt their guns like they accuse gay people of flaunting their "agenda". As a staunch second amendment supporter and gun owner, these people are not doing me any favors. At. All.

when I lived in Wisconsin and before CCW was passed there, I always opened carried. better to have something than to be at the mercy of the criminals and the cops.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:54 AM

29,500 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Yes, being a firearms enthusiast I don't have much to say about those chains are private businesses and they are free to do as they want. This is nothing new , not sure why the anti gun people are quick to gloat over it.
My issue is with the A_$$hats that are pushing the open carry thing with these antics. They are doing nothing more than hurting the way people look at firearms owners. Pushing the agenda is just the wrong thing to do , especially at this time. I also didn't see any brandishing going on or assult rifles, but I only watched the first video.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Yes, being a firearms enthusiast I don't have much to say about those chains are private businesses and they are free to do as they want. This is nothing new , not sure why the anti gun people are quick to gloat over it.
My issue is with the A_$$hats that are pushing the open carry thing with these antics. They are doing nothing more than hurting the way people look at firearms owners. Pushing the agenda is just the wrong thing to do , especially at this time. I also didn't see any brandishing going on or assult rifles, but I only watched the first video.

I watched each video and saw no assault rifles at all.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:00 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,536,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
when I lived in Wisconsin and before CCW was passed there, I always opened carried. better to have something than to be at the mercy of the criminals and the cops.
Wisconsin? What city? I didn't realize there was a lot of violent criminals in WI? Lots of Officer involved shootings too?

Crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies