Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 11:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times

Advertisements

Yep, it seems that this one man who employs 1000 people may well be forced to shut some of his restaurants down because of the mandate that requires him to have health insurance for every full time employee. I guess nobody counts the ones who may have been employed in the 10 or so new businesses he intended to build but won't be able to afford.

A very interesting video and article.

The Impact of Obamacare: Small Businesses Threatened | myHeritage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 12:05 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,108,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yep, it seems that this one man who employs 1000 people may well be forced to shut some of his restaurants down because of the mandate that requires him to have health insurance for every full time employee. I guess nobody counts the ones who may have been employed in the 10 or so new businesses he intended to build but won't be able to afford.

This is what I'm concerned with. My husband and I own a restaurant and if we ever want to expand and open more (we have plans to do so by the end of the year), by the time we tally up all our employees, I'm sure we will be fitting into the category of having to provide health insurance for everyone. There is no way in hell would could afford that. Our prices would have to go up as we have already reduced our costs to the point where they can't be reduced further. Looking down the line, that would lead to fewer customers buying our product and less revenue coming in, so we'd have to lay people off or even close down, if it got bad enough.

However, if you're saying that it's only full time employees who would have to have hcare, we'll just have to cut everyone's hours so they only work part time.

People are really dense if they don't think Obamacare will impact small businesses in this manner, especially franchisees who own more than one location (since they all fall under the same company). Obamacare is bad news across the board.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:06 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,303,886 times
You have not seen anything yet.

We have a local meat packing company with 51 employees who is considering closing his doors and re opening with just his wife and himself and doing small orders because of the forced illegal Obama HC mandate.

He simply cannot afford to pay for HC for his employees under the Obama plan and all the fees and taxes that will be added.

This will have a domino effect as he supplies many restaurants, mom and pop diners and a few rest homes with their meat supplies.

That will make 11 small businesses now that have closed up shop in my hometown since Obama took office.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:09 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,303,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
This is what I'm concerned with. My husband and I own a restaurant and if we ever want to expand and open more (we have plans to do so by the end of the year), by the time we tally up all our employees, I'm sure we will be fitting into the category of having to provide health insurance for everyone. There is no way in hell would could afford that. Our prices would have to go up as we have already reduced our costs to the point where they can't be reduced further. Looking down the line, that would lead to fewer customers buying our product and less revenue coming in, so we'd have to lay people off or even close down, if it got bad enough.

However, if you're saying that it's only full time employees who would have to have hcare, we'll just have to cut everyone's hours so they only work part time.

People are really dense if they don't think Obamacare will impact small businesses in this manner, especially franchisees who own more than one location (since they all fall under the same company). Obamacare is bad news across the board.

Liberals hate small business owners and anyone who is successful so they do not care about you.

To stay afloat you will have to find ways around his scamcare bill as you mentioned above just cut hours down on people so you can afford to stay in business.

Do not forget it is the liberals who believe that people with no skills should be paid 10.00 or more an hour for just showing up.

Obama is anti business and the anti American dream buster.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:36 AM

525 posts, read 948,050 times
Quote:

Perfect example of the govt. striking again.. by force..

Old 03-23-2011, 03:40 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,917,068 times
Just get an exemption. They seem to be handing 'em out like candy on Halloween.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:45 AM

525 posts, read 948,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Liberals hate small business owners and anyone who is successful so they do not care about you.

To stay afloat you will have to find ways around his scamcare bill as you mentioned above just cut hours down on people so you can afford to stay in business.

Do not forget it is the liberals who believe that people with no skills should be paid 10.00 or more an hour for just showing up.

Obama is anti business and the anti American dream buster.

Listen close. You are correct in seeing that this is wrong.. but to think that this dishonesty is somehow distinctly "Liberal" is exactly how you are being fooled.

--IT COULD HAVE BEEN ANY ONE OF THE POLITICIANS FROM ANY SIDE PUSHING THIS CRAP-- wake up it doesn't matter who it is -- it's what they're pushing on us.. and right now buddy, it's coming from the whole group..

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-23-2011 at 06:17 AM..

Old 03-23-2011, 03:47 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,523 times
Quote:

This post verifies everthing I tell liberals about the way the world works.

When a business owner has an added expense they must compensate for it. In this case it is government regulation. It is often a tax hike. The business person has one of four choices.

1. Eat the cost.
2. Locate in an area where the added cost does not exist (Mexico or China).
3. Slow production and/or expansions.
4. Cut costs by eliminating jobs.

That's the only choices a company has. Tooo bad politicians can't figure this out. It aint complicated.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:59 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,623 times
Quote:

Obummer is slowly ruining this country and the lefties are still trying to bleed the 'bad, businesses owners' dry. The problem is - there is not much left to bleed out and the idiots that still support this awful POTUS can't open their eyes and see this.

My husband and I will not be hiring any new employees until this mess of a health care bill is demolished. I know so many business owners doing the same. When will the left realize this problem and stop standing with their hands out waiting for the next 'entitlement.'

Old 03-23-2011, 06:04 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
This is what I'm concerned with. My husband and I own a restaurant and if we ever want to expand and open more (we have plans to do so by the end of the year), by the time we tally up all our employees, I'm sure we will be fitting into the category of having to provide health insurance for everyone.
What you need to do is create seperate corporations for each restaurant, (or a few under 1 corporation, maybe by region). This is how you can get around the Obamacare law requirements on number of employees.

10 restaurants, 10 corporations, = 10 small businesses, not 1 big one.

Think how many accounting jobs this will create.. haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies