Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 07:58 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times

Advertisements

Democrats guess wrong on health care - Carrie Budoff Brown - POLITICO.com

Quote:
Rarely have so many political strategists been so wrong about something so big.
Remember Bubba and other dems telling those who voted for this monstrosity would be able to run on their vote, tout the new law?

Not a chance - they are fleeing, at breakneck speed away from obamacare.

They CAN'T say they weren't warned, now can they?

Quote:
A week before final passage, Democratic pollsters Douglas Schoen and Pat Caddell, who had worked for Clinton, pierced the optimism. They wrote a Washington Post op-ed warning the party had deluded itself into thinking that Americans wanted the bill. And as a result, they wrote, Democrats ran the risk of “unmitigated disaster” in November.
Did obama and the dems really think voters would forget the backroom, late night deals, the bribes, the legislative chicanery to get this passed?

We have seen just how bad this law actually is, once it was passed of course. All the predictions of higher costs, higher premiums, less choice, rules and regulations that will give the federal government control of your HC, will come true.

Even Bubba recognizes the fundamental flaws in the bill;

Breitbart.tv » Clinton Admits He Was Wrong About Mid-Term Election Prospects

How many democrats can you find that are touting their vote on obamacare?

Obamacare's Electoral Effect | The Weekly Standard

Quote:
Not only are Democrats now funding anti-Obamacare ads at more than three times the clip of pro-Obamacare ads — as Politico itself has reported — but evidence suggests that Democrats who voted for the overhaul are taking a beating, while anti-Obamacare Democrats are doing comparatively well.
Well, they believed what nancy, harry and obama were telling them. Vote for the bill, give me my victory, I will be there for you in Nov, I will campaign for you, you will be able to run on your vote...instead, they are running away from both their vote AND obama.

Check out the 9 races they highlighted and see what is happening to those that voted for and against obamacare.

Democrats Fleeing Obamacare | The Weekly Standard

Quote:
We concluded, "Democrats did indeed get slaughtered in 1994...but it wasn't because they failed to pass Hillary-care. It was because they tried."
In this case they DID and look to get a major thumping at the polls......if the current trends hold.

Quote:
If you think about it, this is really quite incredible: 279 Democrats, House and Senate included, voted for Obamacare, and not one of them has been willing to publicize that fact in a single TV spot over the past four months in the midst of a congressional campaign?
Incredible and amazing. Of course, voters in their districts WILL be reminded of their votes.

Dems downplay Obama's support - POLITICO.com Print View

Quote:
The endorsements were sent by the president’s campaign arm, Organizing for America, to lists of supporters, urging them to go “door to door” in support of vulnerable House Democrats. While the idea was to gin up enthusiasm for Democratic incumbents and candidates — rather than to generate media attention — many of the beneficiaries chose not to recognize the endorsement at all, avoiding any public reference to it. Some went so far as to make clear that they didn’t seek the endorsement.
Who could have imagined something like this happening in just a year and a half?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 08:05 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Democrats guess wrong on health care - Carrie Budoff Brown - POLITICO.com

Remember Bubba and other dems telling those who voted for this monstrosity would be able to run on their vote, tout the new law?

Not a chance - they are fleeing, at breakneck speed away from obamacare.

They CAN'T say they weren't warned, now can they?

Did obama and the dems really think voters would forget the backroom, late night deals, the bribes, the legislative chicanery to get this passed?

We have seen just how bad this law actually is, once it was passed of course. All the predictions of higher costs, higher premiums, less choice, rules and regulations that will give the federal government control of your HC, will come true.

Even Bubba recognizes the fundamental flaws in the bill;

Breitbart.tv » Clinton Admits He Was Wrong About Mid-Term Election Prospects

How many democrats can you find that are touting their vote on obamacare?

Obamacare's Electoral Effect | The Weekly Standard

Well, they believed what nancy, harry and obama were telling them. Vote for the bill, give me my victory, I will be there for you in Nov, I will campaign for you, you will be able to run on your vote...instead, they are running away from both their vote AND obama.

Check out the 9 races they highlighted and see what is happening to those that voted for and against obamacare.

Democrats Fleeing Obamacare | The Weekly Standard

In this case they DID and look to get a major thumping at the polls......if the current trends hold.

Incredible and amazing. Of course, voters in their districts WILL be reminded of their votes.

Dems downplay Obama's support - POLITICO.com Print View

Who could have imagined something like this happening in just a year and a half?
I can't believe it myself. It just goes to show how the lunatic fringe of the Democrats grossly miscalculated the American people. I think now Democrats realize that Americans are not as liberal as they think we are, and that we won't stand our country turning into Eurotrash. The liberals on CD can have their moment for now. They will be wiped out of the polls in November and then they'll be crying and whining that they want to escape to Canada (oh how I only wish)

Old 09-24-2010, 08:08 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
The Dems totally ignored the American public. Just go back and remember those Town Halls.
By invite only..Dems of course and no media coverage of the protests outside those town halls.
And the arrogance of the Congressmen who did have to deal with those against healthcare was unbelievable. I still recall what Doggett said and did when he had a healthcare Town Hall here in Austin.

Obama's televised ones were totally staged with fake patients/doctors speaking to the public.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:23 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,032,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The Dems totally ignored the American public. Just go back and remember those Town Halls.
By invite only..Dems of course and no media coverage of the protests outside those town halls.
And the arrogance of the Congressmen who did have to deal with those against healthcare was unbelievable. I still recall what Doggett said and did when he had a healthcare Town Hall here in Austin.

Obama's televised ones were totally staged with fake patients/doctors speaking to the public.
wonder who paid for the stupid white lab coats they made them wear at the staged White House fake hoax

Old 09-24-2010, 08:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
wonder who paid for the stupid white lab coats they made them wear at the staged White House fake hoax
Just look up Roxana Mayer. She was that "supposed" doctor.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:31 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,778 times
Default Fav Town Meeting

My favorite townhall meeting was Shelia Jackon Lee answering her phone in the middle of someone asking her a question! Then she couldn't understand why people were booing her and yelling at her to get off. She's a piece of work.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:33 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I can't believe it myself. It just goes to show how the lunatic fringe of the Democrats grossly miscalculated the American people. I think now Democrats realize that Americans are not as liberal as they think we are, and that we won't stand our country turning into Eurotrash. The liberals on CD can have their moment for now. They will be wiped out of the polls in November and then they'll be crying and whining that they want to escape to Canada (oh how I only wish)
0bama is the worst president ever. Every politician is running away from the stimulus, cap & trade, 0bamacare, the bailouts.

People wonder why the republicans and conservatives were sounding the warning alarms on all the things 0bama was signing into law, or trying to push thru congress. Well, here we are, and no one wants to run on the 0bama agenda..

You will not hear a politician say "Vote for me and I will make sure Cap & Trade gets signed into law", or claim they will give away billions of dollars for green energy projects to GE and other corporations, so they can get rich.

Everyone running for office is sounding like they are anti-0bama conservatives, campaigning as a member of the TEA party.

Suddenly, every democrat is claiming they were against 0bama's agenda.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:41 PM

21,145 posts, read 19,729,843 times
Americans were never in favor of Obamacare. It was forced upon us against our will.

Not too bright if you want to be re-elected. But then again, some Congresspeople said they would vote for Obamacare even though they knew it would cost them the next election.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:09 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Default Underestimating the propaganda apparatus of the insurance industry.

In September 2009, I and a few thousand other volunteers raised 1.1 million for a children's hospital in Los Angeles. At the time, that sum would have covered the insurance industry's efforts at thwarting healthcare legislation for less than 2 days. (Ever wonder how many procedures could have been covered with that chunk of money - money procured though premiums that were supposed to cover, y'know, healthcare?)

Healthcare legislation is adult stuff - boring, technical and with zero effect on the 95% or so of the population that doesn't require medical care here and now. So much easier to coin a cute catch-phrase like, say, "Death Panels". There's a billion-dollar industry trying to keep the gravy train running, here. They and their tame legislators defined the narrative very effectively.

The US healthcare system pays more in administrative overhead than any other system in the Western world. A bigger percentage of our healthcare dollar is absorbed in administration, billing, debt collection, marketing budgets, lobbyists etc. etc. before one single aspirin is dispensed than happens in any other civilized nation. We're being had, and trained to like it.

Some appear to have responded quite well to their training, too.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:15 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,814,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The US healthcare system pays more in administrative overhead than any other system in the Western world.
Is Obamacare going to fix that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies