Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 04:34 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Thats the point. Many larger corporations do NOT care about employees.
Our company cares a lot about its employees, we're usually rated in the top of the 100 top places to work every year. I work for a 2.1 Billion dollar a year Fortune 500 company, try again.

It's in a well run company's best interest to take care of and care for it's employees because they're the lifeblood of the company and we bring talent and knowledge that's very hard and expensive to replace. We don't need some trashy union getting in the way of our progress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If I wanted to watch some ignorant ugly guy spew liberal comments without much understanding of the subject I'd watch Maddow.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:38 PM

884 posts, read 716,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Exactly right. Isn't that why they pay dues??? To have a "strike fund" to pay them to sit on their butts instead of going to work?
If not that I saw where SEIU president made over 300k in 2009. Perhaps he could throw a meal or two their way.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:44 PM

884 posts, read 716,438 times
Quote:
They are the ones who are directly involved.It is THEIR safety. I don't ask my neighbor to care for my family........
It is common sense to have an association of your peers to look out for your well being.this is called a "union"
There are also state and federal laws in place to protect workers. OSHA is an example. Since they already take an atrocious amount of my paycheck in the form of taxes, I sure as hec don't need more takin by some "union" with its top heavy brass...

Old 03-26-2011, 04:48 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
If I wanted to watch some ignorant ugly guy spew liberal comments without much understanding of the subject I'd watch Maddow.
Angry much?

At least thanks for reposting my video for those who are willing to learn something valuable.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:55 PM

541 posts, read 985,034 times
Quote:
Our company cares a lot about its employees, we're usually rated in the top of the 100 top places to work every year. I work for a 2.1 Billion dollar a year Fortune 500 company, try again.

It's in a well run company's best interest to take care of and care for it's employees because they're the lifeblood of the company and we bring talent and knowledge that's very hard and expensive to replace. We don't need some trashy union getting in the way of our progress.
huh...2.1 billion company i work for does around 45-50 billion,using union hands to do the work,but then again,its a company that plays in big boys world,and they know hiring the best trained,skilled and ruthless workers makes them that cash,but hey i'll pass this on to the office folks and maybe,just maybe they'll want to get rid of the union hands so they can make that whole 2.1 billion your workers chalk up.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 03-26-2011 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:18 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Hey union trash, if you want to play dirty we can play dirty too.

US striking union workers to lose Food Stamps: GOP union busting law
at least they are allowed to strike. in my union, if I strike I get to go to jail or pay a large fine.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:30 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
I find it very hard to believe that Jeffry Immelt, the CEO of such a horrendous company as G. E. is Obma's main advisor about jobs. How does that make any sense? Surely Obama can see how it looks to all from both left and right.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:53 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Thats the point. Many larger corporations do NOT care about employees.
Many more corporations care about their employees than there are corporations who do not.

Think of the old wives tale, " You can catch more bees with honey, then with vinegar".

Happy employees are much more productive then unhappy ones.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Angry much?

At least thanks for reposting my video for those who are willing to learn something valuable.
I'm not angry at all, I'm just not interested in waking something called the young turks, whatever that might be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies