Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 05:25 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,951,676 times

Advertisements

If this is true, it is horrid. Some people are simply bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 05:37 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
Libya is the devils armpit but the u.s. & NATO did the right thing.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:45 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Those “pot smoking commie college kids” would not have made a difference. Our soldiers were thrust into a terrible war with no definitive strategy or purpose. Over 58,000 made the ultimate sacrifice, and they were NOT the reason we failed to secure a clear victory. They were simply following orders, just as every other soldier who served in prior wars.

I may not agree with the Vietnam War, or our subsequent involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan, but I damn sure respect those who served. How dare you denigrate our soldiers, and discount their bravery and sacrifice.

BTW, how many wars have you fought, to have the right to pass judgment on others?
I degenerate the pot smoking commie kids who insured we lost vietnam by staying home, burning draft cards and crying like the cowards they are.

I certainly do NOT degenerate the heros who stood up and were counted!

I have two uncles who served in Vietnam. One was a marine LT. who served a full tour on the front lines.

I served in Desert Storm

You should not jump to conclusions. The fact that a few baby boomers were great Americans like those who did stand up and were counted, that generation was full of fools who loved themselves and their LSD more than the freedom that gave them the right to protest.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:53 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I degenerate the pot smoking commie kids who insured we lost vietnam by staying home, burning draft cards and crying like the cowards they are.

I certainly do NOT degenerate the heros who stood up and were counted!
Keep on degenerating, the depth of your thinking? comes thru loud and clear

Quote:
I have two uncles who served in Vietnam. One was a marine LT. who served a full tour on the front lines.

I served in Desert Storm
I don't give a rat's ass if Ho Chi Minh is your secret lover, it says NOTHING to justify US involvement in that debacle.

Quote:
You should not jump to conclusions. The fact that a few baby boomers were great Americans like those who did stand up and were counted, that generation was full of fools who loved themselves and their LSD more than the freedom that gave them the right to protest.

A FEW? At least 58,000 died for the crap spread by the unknowing like you plus countless others suffered and continue to do so, try learning some damn facts before you speak.

That generation was full of fools? Perhaps you should spend some time examining your own.

Last edited by burdell; 03-28-2011 at 06:15 PM..

Old 03-28-2011, 06:13 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun_casual View Post
Am I right?
You have killed more than one hundred civilians of Libya,the funny reasonrotecting them.
You want to rob their oil,that's the only reason.
murderer,robber,*****,Villain....
Is there any other word to describe you U.S? please go ahead....
Pan Am Flight shot down by Libya intentionally?
Gaddafi had US businesses in Libya pay the fine to the victims family?
Gaddafi is a murderer and low-life.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:58 PM

35 posts, read 63,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Dictators we've propped up and supported throughout the years...
The United States never aided Gadaffi's ascent or rule in any way. You might want to take your tired cliche of an argument up with the French.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:31 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun_casual View Post
Am I right?
You have killed more than one hundred civilians of Libya,the funny reasonrotecting them.
You want to rob their oil,that's the only reason.
murderer,robber,*****,Villain....
Is there any other word to describe you U.S? please go ahead....
Please don't mix up the Military-Industrial Complex that owns our politicians, and the war-mongering politicians themselves, with the Libertarian-leaning American people like myself. We have absolutely no control over or even influence in Washington, since nobody who represents us will ever be allowed to run for office. We only get to choose between two clone Republicrat candidates who will do exactly the same thing (more wars, Bigger Government, more spending and borrowing, corporate bailouts) but spout different ideologies.

Nearly 2/3 of Americans don't support the Afghanistan war (Poll: Support for Afghan war plummets - War Room - Salon.com), while about half support the Libyan airstrikes and 1/3 oppose them (Americans Willing To Help Libya To A Point / ideastream - Northeast Ohio Public Radio, Television and Multiple Media) as long as the war is marketed as "protecting civilians" and doesn't include the unlimited time frame and ground troops that all our wars eventually evolve to include.
From these polls it appears that the majority of us are easily manipulated whenever the powers-that-be want to sell us something, and only come to our senses over time as costs and deaths escalate.

Unfortunately, the Libertarian-leaning citizens of America suffer more than most of the world because of the unprecedented arrogance and megalomania of our leaders in Washington. We are robbed blind by these corrupt traitors to pay for runaway government spending and borrowing. Washington is not satisfied with the mere $2 trlllion 217 billion they confiscated from the economy in 2010--no, they had to borrow an ADDITIONAL $1.3 trillion so we can add those interest payments to future tax bills.

Count yourself lucky. Eventually we'll find new lands to wage war in, but working Americans will always have to fork over large chunks of their income in taxes on every single paycheck, purchase, transaction, intangible benefit, and registerable/licensable item in our economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies