Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 02:54 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times

Advertisements

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weath...udmanc133&HH=9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JDNJEW8MJs

Last edited by ergohead; 03-26-2011 at 03:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 03:12 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I have to wonder where this guy was in the late 1950s. For that matter where were you then. I remember how afraid we all were of all that nuclear crap floating around from all the nuclear testing all over the world in the 50s. I remember how babies weren't to drink milk because of all the Strontium 90 that was settling down on us.

I am just saying that maybe this one is on the no nuclear power stations that we almost started building again after a nearly 40 year layoff. Now we can't drill for oil, can't mine coal without paying a huge tax and won't be allowed to build any new nuclear power sites. I know that trying to use wind power as the main source won't work since the areas with the open country and enough wind are too far from those that need the power. Of course, solar on a grand scale is not going to work for obvious reasons. What do we do for electric power in the future? I say build the nuclear plants away from major fault lines and hope for the best.

This thing is really coming in handy for the opponents of nuclear power, isn't it?

Old 03-26-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have to wonder where this guy was in the late 1950s. For that matter where were you then. I remember how afraid we all were of all that nuclear crap floating around from all the nuclear testing all over the world in the 50s. I remember how babies weren't to drink milk because of all the Strontium 90 that was settling down on us.

I am just saying that maybe this one is on the no nuclear power stations that we almost started building again after a nearly 40 year layoff. Now we can't drill for oil, can't mine coal without paying a huge tax and won't be allowed to build any new nuclear power sites. I know that trying to use wind power as the main source won't work since the areas with the open country and enough wind are too far from those that need the power. Of course, solar on a grand scale is not going to work for obvious reasons. What do we do for electric power in the future? I say build the nuclear plants away from major fault lines and hope for the best.

This thing is really coming in handy for the opponents of nuclear power, isn't it?

Quit freaking out, Roy!

Slap! Slap! Slap!

Get a grip!

Old 03-26-2011, 03:36 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,339,448 times
Wow.

Old 03-26-2011, 03:52 PM

Here's the link:

Xenon-133 USA - radiation |*FLEXPART: dispersion model

Old 03-26-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Quit freaking out, Roy!

Slap! Slap! Slap!

Get a grip!
Freaking out? You can surely see that things like this will lead us to be short of electricity in the very near future unless we either use more fossil fuel or nuclear since neither wind or sun will do the trick without some huge help from those other sources. Can't you?

Old 03-26-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Freaking out? You can surely see that things like this will lead us to be short of electricity in the very near future unless we either use more fossil fuel or nuclear since neither wind or sun will do the trick without some huge help from those other sources. Can't you?

Wind and solar is a hoax and a joke.

Or, the other way around.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Wind and solar is a hoax and a joke.

Or, the other way around.
What do we use when many are against nuclear and your topic is working toward convincing more to go back to the old ways, even after Obama and company had decided to allow building more of those nuclear facilities.

I know that solar is a farce since nothing beyond home or small building types can make anything. I know that it will take lots of power line construction to move all the wind farm electricity, and don't see who is going to pay for all that.

Thinking that we can get out of the coming situation without fossil fuel is a real hoax and yet Obama is bound and determined to break coal mining companies and won't allow oil drilling off shore. They don't even want to allow drilling in established areas here in the middle of the country. That deal with Brazil the other day amounted to drill all over the Gulf and we will buy your oil. What kind of a kick in the butt is that for all those oil workers in the Gulf when Brazil is supported and they aren't allowed to work.

What methods do you propose since the EPA will certainly start making rules that will stop coal and oil? I guess we will have to shut down large buildings and most manufacturing facilities, yes there are still some left, without electricity to power them.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:12 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,339,448 times
I am surprised most people in this forum are not interested in this info.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:16 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,204,544 times
Guess some people like to be manipulated by the media......

Fukushima scaremongers becoming increasingly desperate ? The Register
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies