Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 11:58 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
How many would you like?
How many they legally authorize is fine with me..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 11:59 AM

2,196 posts, read 1,995,350 times
Default Three Cheers For The Good Ole "DINO'S" ..... Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
It's even funnier watching the LW hypocrits cheer as Obama has committed an impeachable offense by attacking another country without congressional approval.
Even funnier still is watching florid.bob try to delfect and avoid answering previous posts when he is clearly wrong.
What's not so funny is watching these same people cheer because the president has a (D) after his name as we fight for one side in a conflict when we don't even know who is on that side.
Rick Roma !!! ... On The Money !

Yep ... The magnitude of absolute "Muddleheaddedness" amongst this bunch of LW muppets is shockingly off the measurable scale !!!

Even our good CDF buddy florida.bob much be periodically receiving glimmers of "The Light" when it comes to the extreme cluelessness and gross ineptitude of "The One" and crew !

Any blighters that would cheer these (D) "Career Politician's" regarding this unfortunate issue are without a doubt "Off Their Onion" !!!

Ta Ta / Old Sgt.Lamar

Old 03-27-2011, 11:59 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Your quote actually confirms the statement made by Rick to be true.. here, let me requote and bold the relevant part..

The War Powers Resolution of 1973 (50 U.S.C.1541–1548) was a United States Congress joint resolution providing that the President can send U.S. armed forces into action abroad only by authorization of Congress or if the United States is already under attack or serious threat.

Where is the authorization of Congress? Is the US under attack or serious threat from Libya?

Let's all enjoy the upcoming impeachment proceedings.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Let's all enjoy the upcoming impeachment proceedings.
The fact that Democrats wont comply and enforce the laws dont mean the law isnt being broken.. Why do you accept such incompetence in your own party?

Old 03-27-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
The fact that Democrats wont comply and enforce the laws dont mean the law isnt being broken.. Why do you accept such incompetence in your own party?

1. You need to read the entire snippet I copied, not the just the part you like.

2. I'm not a Democrat.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:08 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Watch this, as Hillary clearly doesn't like what Gates said, she steps right in to a question that was aimed at Gates.

Eyeblast.tv

Old 03-27-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
1. You need to read the entire snippet I copied, not the just the part you like.
I dont need to continue with the rest of the snippet because the rest of the snippet discusses the requirements of the president AFTER they get Congressional approval..

Do you understand that?
Congress must FIRST give permission
THEN the president can attack and must give reports

Without the Congressional approval FIRST, the need for reports woudlnt exist
Quote:
2. I'm not a Democrat.
And you are still wrong..

Old 03-27-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I dont need to continue with the rest of the snippet because the rest of the snippet discusses the requirements of the president AFTER they get Congressional approval..

Do you understand that?
Congress must FIRST give permission
THEN the president can attack and must give reports

Without the Congressional approval FIRST, the need for reports woudlnt exist

And you are still wrong..

I see...

You didn't want to understand the part that doesn't justify your anti-Obama sentiments.

Like I said, enjoy the impeachment proceedings.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
I see...

You didn't want to understand the part that doesn't justify your anti-Obama sentiments.
I understood it quite well.. I even bolded the relevant parts..
Quote:
Like I said, enjoy the impeachment proceedings.
Like I said.. incompetence doesnt = legal..

Old 03-27-2011, 12:17 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,330,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
It's even funnier watching the LW hypocrits cheer as Obama has committed an impeachable offense by attacking another country without congressional approval.
Even funnier still is watching florid.bob try to delfect and avoid answering previous posts when he is clearly wrong.
What's not so funny is watching these same people cheer because the president has a (D) after his name as we fight for one side in a conflict when we don't even know who is on that side.
Could not have said it better myself. It's been reported that Al Qaeda militants and other jihadists are flocking to Libya along side the 'rebels'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies