Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 11:57 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,212,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
So, if they don't "care" about their children well enough to suit someone else, that someone has the right to impose their values on them?

Wow! How "American" is THAT idea?
You gotta be kidding, you think these posters care about American ideals?

~ CONTROL ~

~ FORCING OTHERS TO THEIR WAY OF THINKING ~

That's their mantra....... They wrap themselves in righteousness and idealism, stand on their pedestals and tell everyone else they are dumb if they don't agree with them...

Live and let live? Not in their vocabulary.......

Just watch the posts after this one to see them in action.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 12:14 PM

13,443 posts, read 9,968,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
You gotta be kidding, you think these posters care about American ideals?

~ CONTROL ~

~ FORCING OTHERS TO THEIR WAY OF THINKING ~

That's their mantra....... They wrap themselves in righteousness and idealism, stand on their pedestals and tell everyone else they are dumb if they don't agree with them...

Live and let live? Not in their vocabulary.......

Just watch the posts after this one to see them in action.....
The people of the neighborhood are helping themselves.

Please tell me what is wrong with that? Isn't that part of the American Ideal? People taking responsibility for what happens in their own back yard?

Why are you trying to control and interfere in what somebody does to fulfill a need in their own neighborhood? What skin is it off your nose?

The people on this board who criticize neighbors helping neighbors seem to be the ones who can't live and let live.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:18 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,307,747 times
Tell you what, if I need help I'll ask for it. Otherwise, butt out of my life.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Tell you what, if I need help I'll ask for it. Otherwise, butt out of my life.
You don't need the kind of help these kids need. If the same people tried to prevent the kids from joining a gang, would they be no good interfering do gooders too?

Old 03-28-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
The people of the neighborhood are helping themselves.

Please tell me what is wrong with that? Isn't that part of the American Ideal? People taking responsibility for what happens in their own back yard?

Why are you trying to control and interfere in what somebody does to fulfill a need in their own neighborhood? What skin is it off your nose?

The people on this board who criticize neighbors helping neighbors seem to be the ones who can't live and let live.
What skin is it off my nose? I hate to see American freedoms being trampled on by the holier-than-thou crowd.....

People standing in front of a store inspecting someone else's children's bags is NOT what I consider to be "their own back yard"

IMHO it smacks of Nazi Germany and the Gestapo inspecting peoples personal items..........

What's wrong with people sticking their noses in other peoples business for whatever reason???

EVERYTHING

These people have NO RIGHT no matter how moral their goals might be to stick their noses in other peoples business or force their ideals on someone else's family..

As I posted earlier, this is America......

If this were to happen with one of my kids and I was there, well lets' just say it would be ugly.....

Last edited by plwhit; 03-28-2011 at 12:35 PM..

Old 03-28-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
You don't need the kind of help these kids need. If the same people tried to prevent the kids from joining a gang, would they be no good interfering do gooders too?
Sounds like a line from a Mel Brooks movie.

Usually kids join gangs because they are looking for a male influence,
bit of a reach from food nazis, and nutrition nuts.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:28 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,328,861 times
Why stop at snacks? How about they hand out information on how to obtain free abortions without parental knowledge or consent to school kids? No reason to let mommy and daddy have a say in that either is there?

Old 03-28-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
What's wrong with people sticking their noses in other peoples business for whatever reason???

EVERYTHING

These people have NO RIGHT no matter how moral their goals might be to stick their noses in other peoples business or force their ideals on someone else's family..

The ends do not justify the means. My kids, my rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-28-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
People standing in front of a store inspecting someone else's children's bags is NOT what I consider to be "their own back yard"

IMHO it smacks of Nazi Germany and the Gestapo inspecting peoples personal items..........

EVERYTHING

If this were to happen with one of my kids, well can't say because of the Terms here on C-D........
Oh please, stop the faux outrage. This has nothing to do with you or your kids. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be caught dead in this neighborhood.

They aren't "these people" or Nazi's or anything of the sort. They are FIVE parents and a grandmother who also make sure the kids don't get hurt in traffic on their way to school. I suppose they shouldn't interfere in that either, just let the parents take care of it. Well here's the problem - the parents aren't. Either they can't because they have bigger things to worry about or they're so caught in the poverty in which they live that they really don't care.

Somebody needs to look out for them whether you want to acknowledge that or not. It's a huge issue for kids that for the most part have nothing to look forward to after school but joining the rest of their family on the dole. They are looking at the same dismal life as their parents if somebody, in this case their own neighbors, don't try and do something.

And FTR, most of the kids just laugh it off and don't pay any attention. Really, if you think they aren't capable of telling the volunteer parents where to get off then you probably haven't spent much time in the hood.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Oh please, stop the faux outrage. This has nothing to do with you or your kids. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be caught dead in this neighborhood.

They aren't "these people" or Nazi's or anything of the sort. They are FIVE parents and a grandmother who also make sure the kids don't get hurt in traffic on their way to school. I suppose they shouldn't interfere in that either, just let the parents take care of it. Well here's the problem - the parents aren't. Either they can't because they have bigger things to worry about or they're so caught in the poverty in which they live that they really don't care.

Somebody needs to look out for them whether you want to acknowledge that or not. It's a huge issue for kids that for the most part have nothing to look forward to after school but joining the rest of their family on the dole. They are looking at the same dismal life as their parents if somebody, in this case their own neighbors, don't try and do something.

And FTR, most of the kids just laugh it off and don't pay any attention. Really, if you think they aren't capable of telling the volunteer parents where to get off then you probably haven't spent much time in the hood.
Faux outrage???? No buddy you got that totally wrong, this is real outrage when someone condones stepping on American freedoms.......

Have you ever stopped and listened to yourself?

Quote:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be caught dead in this neighborhood.
Well excuse me.... a snob attitude if I ever heard one...

Quote:
Somebody needs to look out for them whether you want to acknowledge that or not.
That somebody is the child's parents, not some group of do-gooders standing on a corner...

Your post typifies someone who thinks they are morally above everyone else, who knows better than everyone else and is clueless as to what America is supposed to stand for..

Why is it elitists always take the moral high ground on issues and seem to forget little things like mind your own business and people don't have the right to interfere in other peoples lives???

Say what you want, your idea's are not part of the American Constitution and are extremely distasteful to me.......

Those Gestapo types hanging out in front of the store have every right to dictate how their children eat. They have no right to dictate how other people's children eat....

What is so hard for you to understand about that simple American concept?

Last edited by plwhit; 03-28-2011 at 12:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies