Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 08:33 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,786,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
People who actually pay income tax, go to work, pay their bills and other insane things like that.
Maybe these people want the war on drugs to continue. Maybe these people want EFFECTIVE regulation. Maybe these people want their elders to have social security.

Oh, and that item about business cycles... Not even the Almighty himself can halt the business cycle. What a pipe dream.

Come up with something serious about what Libertarians support and I'll listen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 08:52 PM

391 posts, read 513,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Fiscal conservatism, economic liberalism, social libertarianism and non-interventionism are far more attractive than anything you have to offer.

1. No IRS
2. No welfare state
3. No more wars.
4. No more legislation of morality
5. No more corporatism.
6. No more war on drugs
7. No more hand outs
8. No more ineffective regulations.
9. No more Federal Reserve
10. No more unsound money.
11. No more business cycles.
12. No more dead soldiers.
13. No more national debt.
14. No more fiscal deficits.
15. No more income tax.
I'm confused, who is the republican-libertarian who doesn't want to legislate morality, end to the war on drugs, and is against the current wars. Oh, and has a solution to the debt? Any names? I'd love to see the suggestions on solutions to these problems/concerns.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:02 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,298,870 times
Quote:
You mean like doing all the things I just stated: abolishing the IRS, Federal Reserve etc. Those are social problems. Wake up and just realize that the credit cards are maxed out and a different approach is needed. The government created these social problems: social security, medicare, the irs, the department of education, all government
The problem is your thinking is totally out of step with the American people.

Dream on!

Old 03-29-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
This is exactly why liberals blindly hate and attack the Tea Party, they're scared that it might actually work so they cry about racism and Sarah Palin.
That's funny!

Some of the richest people in the country are liberals. Liberals are also more likely to be better educated than conservatives.

Tea Party is basically wants to take this country back to the 19th century.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:10 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,389,353 times
Quote:
Fiscal conservatism, economic liberalism, social libertarianism and non-interventionism are far more attractive than anything you have to offer.

1. No IRS
2. No welfare state
3. No more wars.
4. No more legislation of morality
5. No more corporatism.
6. No more war on drugs
7. No more hand outs
8. No more ineffective regulations.
9. No more Federal Reserve
10. No more unsound money.
11. No more business cycles.
12. No more dead soldiers.
13. No more national debt.
14. No more fiscal deficits.
15. No more income tax.
You forgot a few.

16. No more social security
17. No more environmental regulation
18. No more public highways
19. No more utility regulation
20. No more medicare
21. No more workplace safety standards

Old 03-29-2011, 09:11 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,513,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiteacher View Post
I'm confused, who is the republican-libertarian who doesn't want to legislate morality, end to the war on drugs, and is against the current wars. Oh, and has a solution to the debt? Any names? I'd love to see the suggestions on solutions to these problems/concerns.
Yikes! I dont' think there is such a thing as a republican-libertarian. The OP has me baffled on this one.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
There any viable plans to implement this Utopia or is it gonna be click your heels together 3 times and hope?
Even mainstream Republicans are NOT going to give up the "War on Drugs" and the Federal Reserve. And NOBODY loves corporatism more than mainstream Republicans.

The problem that Liberatarians have is that mainstream Republicans and Social Coinservatives will never stand with them on key issues with reagard to business and moral issues. Once you split Conservative groups like this no one group has enough power to get what they want done and in the end they all lose.

We will see this play out during the 2012 Republican Primaries.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:14 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,429,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Yikes! I dont' think there is such a thing as a republican-libertarian. The OP has me baffled on this one.
Maybe Ron Paul, but you saw how he was treated by the Republican leadership and Fox News last election..

There is no viable Libertarian wing of the Republican party..

Old 03-29-2011, 09:22 PM

391 posts, read 513,463 times
Thank you, I thought that I was lost on the political scene. I never saw all this by any republican. Although they may want to steal it from liberitarians.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiteacher View Post

That would be Ron & Rand Paul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies