Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 07:03 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
yes, astroturf, take some time and dig a little deeper into the people that are dragging you poor saps into their fight. You are a drone for ultra wealthy forces that are bent on destroying this country to prove they are right. Bush allowed them to loot the US Treasury at the end of his term, but that wasn't enough, they want more...

They are intentionally with-holding themselves from participating in America's economy. Refusing to invest, bring their hordes of off-shore capital back into this economy and to hire the people they need. example; the robo-signing scandal, why didn't the big banks hire the staff they needed to do the foreclosure paperwork? Why did the banks pocket the TARP funds instead of adding it into the credit market as it was intended, because those things would have started a "Main Street" recovery they didn't want to see too soon. A full recovery would have soothed the teabaggers and their drones would have drifted off. The need the middle class fighting itself.

careful what you ask for, the governments perform a vital function, unless you are prepare to repair the roads you drive on, and forgo most other forms of transportation you better hope that this "smaller" government you want is still able to provide the services you have grown to expect.real American are patriotic and support their country no matter who is leading it. They do everything they can to make the home a better place. you teabaggers are Extremely unpatriotic, you are putting your beliefs, your wishes and your desires ahead of what is best for this country. The government is not the enemy, at times it is the only thing between civilization and chaos.

First of all buzzards27,

Thank you for your concern about my losing my job, along with 20 co-workers.

I'm not a Teabagger, and I'm not a Drone.

You are quite a conspiracy theorist. When gas costs me $3.70 per gallon and a dozen eggs costs $1.79 and everthing else costs more than it used to ... I'm not blaming Wall Street or the Banks.

Secondly the Banks are not trying to divide the Conservative Party.
Although it sounds good to you.

Quote:
the governments perform a vital function, unless you are prepare to repair the roads you drive on, and forgo most other forms of transportation you better hope that this "smaller" government you want is still able to provide the services you have grown to expect.
Well, I drive on well paved roads. Or two tracks in the woods. I don't rely on the govt. for condoms or milkshakes. I guess you just don't understand. I will admit - cowboy poetry doesn't really tug at my heart strings. It might be a big deal for you, so I could see your not wanting to part with Federal funding for such a thing.

Quote:
American are patriotic and support their country no matter who is leading it.
Americans are patriotic and support their country. But, Americans don't have to support the person in power, especially when he's driving us into a hole.

Quote:
you teabaggers are Extremely unpatriotic, you are putting your beliefs, your wishes and your desires ahead of what is best for this country. The government is not the enemy, at times it is the only thing between civilization and chaos
You don't know me.

I am not a teabagger, I'm not extremely unpatriotic, I don't put my beliefs, wishes and desires ahead of what is best for this country. Your starting to make me bristle.

Government is the enemy, and it is not the only thing between civilization and chaos.

I would submit that the concern that people in this country have for each other is what holds us together. Not Obama. Or Biden.

After all the accusations you made toward me, I can honestly say that because of your lack of compassion, and lack of soul, I realize what kind of country you wish for. You're just an American that wants the BEST for America.

It's obvious that I and millions of other people don't want to live in the kind of America that you envision.

Have a great day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 08:09 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
Another TempesT in a teapot I see. Waiting to see links to the major media exposure.

Laughed out loud that Reid wants money for Cowboy Poetry yet he wants to outlaw prostitution in Vegas now. A true job creator he is.

I also agree that many posts show that our education system is truly lacking.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:56 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Another TempesT in a teapot I see. Waiting to see links to the major media exposure.

Laughed out loud that Reid wants money for Cowboy Poetry yet he wants to outlaw prostitution in Vegas now. A true job creator he is.

I also agree that many posts show that our education system is truly lacking.
I know the tea party is tanking and it's hard for some to understand the american people are not going to put up with their attack on the country. Pro-workers rights rallies nationwide have been huge with over 100,000 in madison, all grassroots with little to no media attention. The tea party rally has been mentioned from local news, cnn, fox, msnbc, everywhere, promoted to be the big protest against congress. 100 showed up, downright embarrassing

CSPAN live coverage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmdL60iq8EI

Fox news live coverage, blame the weather for the laughable turn out.

Video- Turnout in the dozens: Fox blames weather for weak showing at tea party rally | The Political Carnival

MSNBC, reporter commenting "there was more press than patriots"

YouTube - Tea Party Rally - March 31st 2011 - Biggest Rally Yet!!! Yahooo!!! Makes me proud!

Last edited by TempesT68; 04-02-2011 at 09:54 PM..

Old 04-02-2011, 09:01 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
first, it was not obama that destroyed our economy, you need to look at your guy, bush II for answers on that. In the last months of his presidency he and the fed hand out Trillions of dollars in bailouts and sweetheart loans to the banks and big businesses.

• Bush signed $168 billion economic stimulus in Feb 2008,
  • The economic recovery act with $300 billion in loan guarantees in July
  • takes over and guarantees $6 trillion in Fannie/Freddie assets
  • the fed hands AIG $85 billion
  • Tarp with its $700 billion handout for bankers' bonuses
  • wall street market cap drops over 40% off its high costing investors $8.4 trillions ($17 trillion worldwide)
  • Fed hand the banks another $900 billion in loans in Oct 2008
  • Fed hand the big businesses $1.7 trillion in loans in Oct 2008
  • Fed hands out $540 billion to buy short term debt in Oct 2008
  • Fed hand the banks another $800 billion in loans in Nov 2008
  • FDIC will burn through $100 billion for insolvent banks

Where is that money now? where is the money that the bankers squandered, you know, the money the disappeared and that created the need for those bailouts. Blaming Obama for the economical mess Bush II created is like blaming the mechanic fixing your car because you drove it without oil. Don't blame the mechanic, blame yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
First of all buzzards27,

Thank you for your concern about my losing my job, along with 20 co-workers.

I'm not a Teabagger, and I'm not a Drone.

You are quite a conspiracy theorist. When gas costs me $3.70 per gallon
Gas hit a high of $4.20 under bush
Quote:
and a dozen eggs costs $1.79 and everthing else costs more than it used to ... I'm not blaming Wall Street or the Banks.

Secondly the Banks are not trying to divide the Conservative Party.
Although it sounds good to you.

Well, I drive on well paved roads. Or two tracks in the woods. I don't rely on the govt. for condoms or milkshakes. I guess you just don't understand. I will admit - cowboy poetry doesn't really tug at my heart strings. It might be a big deal for you, so I could see your not wanting to part with Federal funding for such a thing.

Americans are patriotic and support their country. But, Americans don't have to support the person in power, especially when he's driving us into a hole.

You don't know me.

I am not a teabagger, I'm not extremely unpatriotic, I don't put my beliefs, wishes and desires ahead of what is best for this country. Your starting to make me bristle.

Government is the enemy, and it is not the only thing between civilization and chaos.

I would submit that the concern that people in this country have for each other is what holds us together. Not Obama. Or Biden.

After all the accusations you made toward me, I can honestly say that because of your lack of compassion, and lack of soul, I realize what kind of country you wish for. You're just an American that wants the BEST for America.

It's obvious that I and millions of other people don't want to live in the kind of America that you envision.

Have a great day.
you too

Old 04-02-2011, 09:13 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I know the tea party is tanking and it's hard for some to understand the american people are not going to put up with their attack on country. Pro-workers rights rallies nationwide have been huge with over 100,000 in madison, all grassroots with little to no media attention. The tea party rally has been mentioned from local news, cnn, fox, msnbc, everywhere, promoted to be the big protest against congress. 100 showed up, downright embarrassing

CSPAN live coverage

YouTube - Sen. Rand Paul Speaks at Tea Party Patriots Rally

Fox news live coverage, blame the weather for the laughable turn out.

Video- Turnout in the dozens: Fox blames weather for weak showing at tea party rally | The Political Carnival

MSNBC, reporter commenting "there was more press than patriots"

YouTube - Tea Party Rally - March 31st 2011 - Biggest Rally Yet!!! Yahooo!!! Makes me proud!
I love the sound bite you provided of the man saying it wasn't really good weather in DC What did I love most? Well now it was the words Daily Kos that it came from. Do let yourself get taken by things like that enough to provide it for us here? You are easy to control, I think.

Yep, I wonder if people from Wisconsin may be a bit more cold acclimated so the little bit of snow falling didn't hurt much. Did you manage to observe that there was no wind that day? I'll bet you didn't see the fluffy snow falling straight down,

Are you having a ball with Kos, Tempest?

I nearly forgot. Are there 100,000 people standing out there in the snow? I just wondered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies