Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 01:01 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
One thing I realized years ago, back when I was posting on AOL's message boards, is that the only ones who think Barton is correct are those who WANT his assertions to be true. This country isn't now, never was and (if I have anything to say about it) never will be a theocracy. And a theocracy is what you are talking about when you assert that this is a "Christian nation".
Many immigrants fled the religious crap in Europe, hoping to get rid of it in America.

From what I've read Barton seems to be the Erich van Däniken of American history
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 01:02 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
"I don't know anyone in America who is a more effective communicator [than David Barton]. And I just wish that Every. Single. young person in America would be able to be under his tutelage, and understand something about who we really are as a nation. I almost wish that there would be, like a simultaneous telecast and all Americans would be forced -- forced -- at gunpoint no less, to listen to Every. David. Barton. Message. And I think our country would be better for it. I wish it'd happen."

Mike Huckabee Wants Americans to Be Indoctrinated at Gunpoint

The writer gives Huckabee the "benefit of the doubt" that this was a "joke", but watch the video, folks. He wasn't kidding. Didn't miss a beat, didn't crack a smile. He was dead serious.

For those who don't know, David Barton is a debunked liar and Revisionist History spewer, that America was founded as a Christian nation as opposed to a secular nation.

This thread, however, is not about David Barton. This thread is about the fact that Mike Huckabee wishes it would happen, that all Americans would be forced at Gunpoint to be indoctrinated with his religious ideology.

Yeah, yeah, hyperbole. I get that. But hyperbole isn't the same as a "joke". It just means he really, really, really wishes all Americans were somehow forced to believe his twisted version of G-d and America's founding. And if this man were ever allowed near the White House as anything other than an invited dinner guest, you can BET that he will do whatever is within his power as president to enact legislation that would reflect those beliefs.

And I think that is dangerous.

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES

Old 04-01-2011, 01:05 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
In other words he is dangerous to all non-Christians and has to be kept from being heard by them because he may convert a few, now and then. I think you need to look at the sites one of your kind posted a few posts back that says freedom of speech is to be the main thing.
This Christian also finds Barton to be dangerous, especially when politicians such as Huckabee believe his inaccuracies.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:10 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
This Christian also finds Barton to be dangerous, especially when politicians such as Huckabee believe his inaccuracies.
Those sources I mentioned were of the very far left variety so I just have trouble believing everything they cry about. I just can't seem to understand how the two sides can't at least try to get together now and then and stop the lies and tiny slides to the side that both tell. I have listened to Barton too many times to believe some of the crap that is passed around about him.

'Scuse me for answering this post before reading the order. I will try to remember.

Last edited by roysoldboy; 04-01-2011 at 01:19 PM..

Old 04-01-2011, 01:12 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
In other words he is dangerous to all non-Christians and has to be kept from being heard by them because he may convert a few, now and then. I think you need to look at the sites one of your kind posted a few posts back that says freedom of speech is to be the main thing.
Do me a favor and try, if you can, to nottwist my words? I am one hundred per cent in favor of Barton's right to waste everybody's time spewing his fabrications.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:14 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Pretty much the same thig is being doen how at school and mnay governamnt programs really to those who sre dependent o governamnt. Just the gun is survival.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Che was not much different in his mindset. Such personalities think they know what is best for everyone and are pissed when people disagree or simply don't care.
Che was a murdering communist and nothing less. That tells me a whole load about Castro.

When you talk about those of the far left (communists) thinking they know what is best for everyone and not liking those who disagree with them you make me think of how most progressives think.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
In that case Roy, you should probably avoid replying to my posts as well, because I agree with the post of Greg's to which you here reply.
I respect you enough to take your suggestion to heart. Bye.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Do me a favor and try, if you can, to nottwist my words? I am one hundred per cent in favor of Barton's right to waste everybody's time spewing his fabrications.
No you are not in favor of that but like the rest keep trying to convince someone that you are.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:27 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
This, +1000.
Barton can spew all day, I dont give a damn.
Its when he tries to posit his revisionist fantasies as truth that I start having an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies