Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 04:14 PM

355 posts, read 209,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I'll just correct you - the DEMOCRATS in Congress put a stop to it.
Before you correct others, you should do your research. When you don't, it makes you look like you do not know what you are talking about.

A few Democrats did put a stop to it, but many more Republicans also put a stop to it.

A coalition of 18 senators — including two Democrats — have introduced a bill to yank the Obama administration’s funding for a civilian trial.
Senators try to block Khalid Sheikh Mohammed trial - Kasie Hunt - POLITICO.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 04:48 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
I think the media and nearly every single liberal/democrat owes Bush and the American people an apology.

We had to hear for years about how evil Bush was. Yet Obama came in and is continuing nearly every single National Security Policiy and then some. He has even doubled down on things that were particularly "issues" he, the media, and the Left bashed the most.

All of them are a bunch of hypocrites and really just scum imo. They do owe Bush and the people an apology but we'll never see that, let alone see them or the President admit they were wrong. When have they ever admitted anything?

Old 04-05-2011, 04:50 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,435 times
This clown doesn't need to give us an apology........he needs to be IMPEACHED! This guy has turned out worse than Bush Jr. I mean I never would have thought that could have been possible. Great what's next.......Trump or Palin elected in 2012? My god America has become such a joke! It's sad just how far our country has declined both economically, politically, and socially.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:55 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
This clown doesn't need to give us an apology........he needs to be IMPEACHED! This guy has turned out worse than Bush Jr. I mean I never would have thought that could have been possible. Great what's next.......Trump or Palin elected in 2012? My god America has become such a joke! It's sad just how far our country has declined both economically, politically, and socially.
Yes, I never thought anyone could be worse than Bush.
But, here we have it. It is really sad.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:03 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Drink Water View Post
Before you correct others, you should do your research. When you don't, it makes you look like you do not know what you are talking about.

A few Democrats did put a stop to it, but many more Republicans also put a stop to it.

A coalition of 18 senators — including two Democrats — have introduced a bill to yank the Obama administration’s funding for a civilian trial.
Senators try to block Khalid Sheikh Mohammed trial - Kasie Hunt - POLITICO.com
You do know the DEMOCRATS in the HOUSE held a huge majority, don't you? Without the DEMOCRATS in Congress opposing his civilian trials, bringing terrorists to these shores for trial, he would have had it his way.

Maybe you should understand a little better how congress works. You do know there are 100 Senators in the Senate? You do know that it makes little difference what the Senate does IF the House disagrees?

Here, let me help you;

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=104334339

Democrats Block Funding To Close Guantanamo

Old 04-05-2011, 05:05 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
Quote:
Tack on the Left and the democrats as well, who demagogued this issue during the presidential campaign.

Eyeblast.tv

Let us remember his "words";

YouTube - U.S. Sen. Barack Obama (D), Pres. Candidate (Pt. 2 of 5)

As he claimed he would take the moral high ground - and what do we get from the Left and the MSM regarding obama's hypocrisy - a great big old yawn.

Scarborough: Obama owes an apology to the American people « Hot Air

Because you're doing the exact same thing, and worse on some issues, that Bush did.

I just have to ask - can his supporters ever again believe a thing he says? Well, I can answer that question - of course they will, they are "all in" with this fraud and liar. They will defend and make excuses til the end of days.
Yep, he gets a pass on all of his LIES because he has them in his back pocket. And the libs wonder why Fox News is the most popular cable news network.

And you'll STILL hear the LIBS on here talk on and on about how the media is not slanted to the left. It's slanted alright, and HEAVILY left.

He's their man, they'll let him get away with anything.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:17 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Tack on the Left and the democrats as well, who demagogued this issue during the presidential campaign.

Eyeblast.tv

Let us remember his "words";

YouTube - U.S. Sen. Barack Obama (D), Pres. Candidate (Pt. 2 of 5)

As he claimed he would take the moral high ground - and what do we get from the Left and the MSM regarding obama's hypocrisy - a great big old yawn.

Scarborough: Obama owes an apology to the American people « Hot Air

Because you're doing the exact same thing, and worse on some issues, that Bush did.

I just have to ask - can his supporters ever again believe a thing he says? Well, I can answer that question - of course they will, they are "all in" with this fraud and liar. They will defend and make excuses til the end of days.
At lleast he's being praised by the Right for finally doing this.

No, not really, He's damed if he does and damned if he don't. Go figure.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:31 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
At lleast he's being praised by the Right for finally doing this.

No, not really, He's damed if he does and damned if he don't. Go figure.
You think he did this because he wanted to? He had no choice.

And what ticks us off about a lot of this, ie all the things Obama ran on that he, the media, and the left beat the hell out of Bush for, is that Obama has continued many of those same things. And he is getting a pass.

Obama, the media, and the left all bashed Bush constantly. Obama seemed so determined and strong in his "beliefs" yet he has done the same things and doubled down on some. And what happens? He gets a pass. The left say next to nothing. The media is largely silent.

Obama, the media, and the lefties owe Bush and the people of this country a big apology for having to hear all their hate and garbage for years.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:52 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
You think he did this because he wanted to? He had no choice.

And what ticks us off about a lot of this, ie all the things Obama ran on that he, the media, and the left beat the hell out of Bush for, is that Obama has continued many of those same things. And he is getting a pass.

Obama, the media, and the left all bashed Bush constantly. Obama seemed so determined and strong in his "beliefs" yet he has done the same things and doubled down on some. And what happens? He gets a pass. The left say next to nothing. The media is largely silent.

Obama, the media, and the lefties owe Bush and the people of this country a big apology for having to hear all their hate and garbage for years.
This is right. The word is HYPOCRISY. But we all knew the Left was complaining and beating on Bush for political reasons, NOT because they had a moral objection, like they claimed.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:58 PM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What exactly has he done, that he campaigned on, besides trying like hell to fundamentally changing this nation, by crapping on the Constitution?

That is his unspoken goal.
It's a promise he made to himself that he's keeping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies