Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 02:10 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times

Advertisements

Tack on the Left and the democrats as well, who demagogued this issue during the presidential campaign.

Eyeblast.tv

Quote:

Senator Barack Obama, 2007: "In setting up Guantanamo Bay we compromised our most precious values. In setting up the detention cells at Guantanamo, the military commissions represent a legal framework that does not work and is a terrorist recruiting tool," calling it "a legal black hole."
Let us remember his "words";

YouTube - U.S. Sen. Barack Obama (D), Pres. Candidate (Pt. 2 of 5)

As he claimed he would take the moral high ground - and what do we get from the Left and the MSM regarding obama's hypocrisy - a great big old yawn.

Scarborough: Obama owes an apology to the American people « Hot Air

Quote:
During the entire 2008 campaign, Scarborough says, he had to sit and listen as panelists described George Bush and Dick Cheney as “evil” for their detention policies, fueled by the candidate who has adopted them practically in toto.

Maybe [President Obama] should have just disagreed with Dick Cheney and George W. Bush – and not characterized them in a way that assumed the absolute worst — that they somehow did not love the constitution as much as Barack Obama — that they were somehow willing to shred that document and all the rights that we hold so dear … Because if you’re going to make those claims, and then do the same thing that they do, then you need to apologize to the American people.
Because you're doing the exact same thing, and worse on some issues, that Bush did.

I just have to ask - can his supporters ever again believe a thing he says? Well, I can answer that question - of course they will, they are "all in" with this fraud and liar. They will defend and make excuses til the end of days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 02:14 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,611 times
No. He should never be trusted and speaks out of both sides of his mouth.
No surprise here. The man has no moral compass.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:21 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Because you're doing the exact same thing, and worse on some issues, that Bush did.
So, now that you finally admit Bush was the exact same crap why is it we never saw you whining about him?

I'm on record here a number of times stating I knew Obama was just another political hack even as I voted for him, the sad thing is there was no one I believed better opposing him. And I don't expect anything but political hacks to gain the Presidential nomination from the (D)s or the (R)s.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:23 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,611 times
He is something worse than a political hack. He has been dishonest and does not have out countries best interest at heart.
Surely the naive people who voted this man in office will open their eyes.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:26 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,365,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
[ Because you're doing the exact same thing, and worse on some issues, that Bush did.
Are you admitting that Obama is just like Bush ? are you still a Bush apologist? So Obama is not that bad after all ?

Old 04-05-2011, 02:27 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
He is something worse than a political hack. He has been dishonest and does not have out countries best interest at heart.
Surely the naive people who voted this man in office will open their eyes.
I see you received the conservative action newsletter.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:42 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
Obama does not have to worry about being called on his lies by the mainstream media and he is well aware of it. They would be crucifying Bush had he lied so blatantly on so many topics. Bush's biggest campaign lie was that he would not engage in nation building. Here we are about a decade later in Iraq, nation building.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:47 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,139,204 times
He has been in charge long enough to have done something about the illegal aliens BUT HASNT DONE SQUAT. I plan to vote for anyone other than him if this doent change quickly.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:52 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
What exactly has he done, that he campaigned on, besides trying like hell to fundamentally changing this nation, by crapping on the Constitution?

Old 04-05-2011, 02:55 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
He has been in charge long enough to have done something about the illegal aliens BUT HASNT DONE SQUAT. I plan to vote for anyone other than him if this doent change quickly.
Perhaps when American companies stop hiring "illegals" that problem will be solved right? It's basically modern day slavery all over again.

Obama can serve 2 terms as he is legally allowed and I can guarantee you we still would have "illegal" aliens afterwards!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies