Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 07:18 AM

20,947 posts, read 19,106,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Why does the US provide foreign aid to anybody when it cannot even pay for its own social programms anymore? Where is the outrage by the Tea Partiers over that?
Spending is spending.

I never saw a Tea Party rally where the people were saying "stop the spending and taxing except for the following....."

That myth is perpetuated throughout the left.

What is wrong with expecting the federal government politicians being expected to follow the Constitution?

Old 04-13-2011, 07:50 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,992,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
I think we can agree both sides are at fault. But I find it ridiculous that we pay Israel billions and give them billions in military equipment so they will do what is in their best interest for a few weeks. Were paying them to stop fighting the neighbor as they keep extending their fence into the neighbors yard.

I mean the world agrees the settlements are illegal but we do nothing to stop it but pay them. And the moment those couple weeks were done they were waiting to start building within hours.

Now Israel Is always gonna have people who hate them like Iran but that is new excuse for them stealing land.
Settlements or not we shold Not be sending Billions to Israel, first off we cannot afford it and secondly they have shown more than once that are more than willing to ignore our interests or requests when they do not agree with us. I have no problem Selling military equipment to Israel but they have turned into nothing more than a people living off our handouts, ie a Welfare state, something real conservatives are supposedly against. They know how to fish so stop giving them fish for free.
Casper

Old 04-13-2011, 09:00 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,869,240 times
Quote:
....they have shown more than once that are more than willing to ignore our interests or requests when they do not agree with us....
When did Israel become a Territory of the United States???

Old 04-13-2011, 10:21 AM

915 posts, read 1,195,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
We give them money so they have to do what we say. We pay countries to be our friends.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:06 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,226,641 times
Quote:
A more appropriate question might be, when did the United States become a territory of Israel?

Judging by many of the responses here, there are those living in America who for whatever reasons, would place the interest of Israel before that of their own country or at the very least, equate the interest of both nations as being one and the same, and nothing could be further from the truth.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:09 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,869,240 times
Quote:
....equate the interest of both nations as being one and the same....
Yes both are interested in being able to travel from border to border without being shot at and living a quiet simple life. Do you see a problem with this??

Semper Fi as stated by me, my son and my god sons currently in Iraq for the 8th time.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:13 PM

1,123 posts, read 779,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
A more appropriate question might be, when did the United States become a territory of Israel?

Judging by many of the responses here, there are those living in America who for whatever reasons, would place the interest of Israel before that of their own country or at the very least, equate the interest of both nations as being one and the same, and nothing could be further from the truth.
You'll need to show proof of that nonsensical statement.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:13 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,099,400 times
Why would we stop support for the only democracy i the middle east and support people who are more like Hitler in their statements and actions.We may have to live inthe same world with them but certanly don't have to support them.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:15 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,697,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The USA should stop favoring ANYBODY regardless.
Agreed, I say end all foreign aid adn if you going to give money to them why are we supportering their neighbors as well.

Plus their is not constitutional authority to give tax payer dollars to other nations.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:10 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,226,641 times
Quote:
Yes both are interested in being able to travel from border to border without being shot at and living a quiet simple life. Do you see a problem with this??

Semper Fi as stated by me, my son and my god sons currently in Iraq for the 8th time.
So since my family members haven't yet spent the 8 tours in the Middle East that yours has, this qualifies as what? A touchy feely emotional plea to subvert reason on the basis that your opinion is contradictory to nearly every military and political strategist to walk through the pages of history?

Are you implying that Muslims want to live loud lives and get shot at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
You'll need to show proof of that nonsensical statement.
Just as soon as you qualify this nonsensical tripe from your previous post.

Quote:
Of course they aren't, we're not allowed by the jew-haters to ever get the focus off of israel.

To the jew-haters, if we were giving israel ten cents, but the arabs $1 trillion, that would still be unacceptable.

But then neither is electronicintifada's or moveon.org's talking points nonsense, either. Try to think for yourself for a change.
For someone who suggest to others that they 'think', you have an odd manner of showing how you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies